Link: Postgame Brawl Overshadows Last-Minute Cullman Comeback vs. Walker - Page 5
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    BamaNation All-American formersoldier71's Avatar

Re: Postgame Brawl Overshadows Last-Minute Cullman Comeback vs. Walker

Holladay was in the middle of a skirmish with Cullman defensive coordinator Matt Hopper following the Vikings’ emotional 13-10 loss at Gambrell Ki-Ro Field. After punches were thrown, Holladay was tackled to the ground by a Walker assistant coach while Hopper was restrained by several police officers.

A Cullman school board official told The Cullman Times that no discplinary action is planned concerning Cullman coaches or football players after Friday night’s post-game incident.
    http://www.mountaineagle.com/view/fu...e=main_article
    Victory... does not depend entirely upon numbers or mere courage; only skill and discipline will insure it. - Vegetius

BamaNation All-American Bad Pony's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Clubfitter View Post
    I grew up in Walker County. I'm not sure heathens applies here but I will say that the water tastes different in Walker County. Since Cullman County adjoins Walker County I would assume that some of that water flows into Cullman County.
    What MegaVars said was tongue-in-cheek...He grew up in Walker County also...so did I. My brother was on the Walker coaching staff up until this year...glad he wasn't there Friday night to be involved...

BamaNation Hall of Fame Clubfitter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Pony View Post
    What MegaVars said was tongue-in-cheek...He grew up in Walker County also...so did I. My brother was on the Walker coaching staff up until this year...glad he wasn't there Friday night to be involved...

I know he was. I edited it and put a smiley in it. I was a Carbon Hill Graduate in 67.
    “What happened yesterday is history. What happens tomorrow is a mystery. What we do today makes a difference - the precious present moment.”
    Coach Nick Saban.

BamaNation Hall of Fame 230kv_barehand's Avatar

Wow, anyone that is proud of that needs to have their head checked. Bye bye Walker coach, he probably just ruined his coaching career and rightfully so. Now I see how the Cullman DC got his face screwed up so badly, he was kicked by quite a few players. If anyone from Walker thinks this is o.k. there is no way I would take a football team to play them.

BamaNation All-American Bad Pony's Avatar

You have better eyes than me, no way I could tell from that video if anyone kicked him. I did see the punch to the face...

You can't really see it, but as the players rush him after he hits the ground it's kinda obvious. Did you see the pics of his face? It didn't get that way by those few wild punches. Dude was kicked by somebody.

BamaNation Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by 230kv_barehand View Post
    You can't really see it, but as the players rush him after he hits the ground it's kinda obvious. Did you see the pics of his face? It didn't get that way by those few wild punches. Dude was kicked by somebody.
    i dunno. I didn't see an obvious kick or anything like a strike from a player. The Walker coach, though, definitely was the aggressor.

Quote Originally Posted by CullmanTide View Post
    Fox 6 just aired video of the incident. It clearly showed the Walker coach attack the one from Cullman. The Cullman coach went over to speak to him and it was on. I did not see any taunting by Cullman players. It looked like others may have been involved but it was hard to tell in the video.
    Do you really believe the Cullman coach went over to "speak" to him? I'm not defending the Walker coach's actions and I believe he should be fired, but the Cullman DC instigated the whole thing and should be fired as well.

The video also shows a Cullman player run and tackle a Walker player. He should be identified and suspended.

BamaNation All-American formersoldier71's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Jack View Post
    ....but the Cullman DC instigated the whole thing and should be fired as well.
    The video also shows a Cullman player run and tackle a Walker player. He should be identified and suspended.
    That can't be...
    “Our superintendent, Dr. (Doreen) Griffeth was at the game. I talked to her and I understand there is no need to reprimand our coaches and players, that they acted with class and dignity during the situation,” said Suzanne Harbin, president of the Cullman Board of Education.
    Shortly after the Bearcats rushed the field to celebrate their victory, a full-on brawl broke out.
    http://www.cullmantimes.com/local/x3...ds-after-brawl
    Victory... does not depend entirely upon numbers or mere courage; only skill and discipline will insure it. - Vegetius

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideMan09's Avatar

It does look like the Cullman DC mouth wrote a check that his backside couldn't cash..
    Last edited by TideMan09; September 1st, 2013 at 05:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BamaPosaune View Post
    i dunno. I didn't see an obvious kick or anything like a strike from a player. The Walker coach, though, definitely was the aggressor.
    Did you see the Cullman DC's face? He was kicked by somebody..

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Do you really believe the Cullman coach went over to "speak" to him? I'm not defending the Walker coach's actions and I believe he should be fired, but the Cullman DC instigated the whole thing and should be fired as well.
    I don't think he "instigated" anything. I believe it is common courtesy to shake hands after a game am I right? When he saw the Walker coach didn't have enough class to do that and was obviously headed to the locker room he should have just left him alone however. That was his mistake. To fire a man for being attacked would be an injustice IMHO. I'm not saying that because I live in Cullman. I'm not from here originally, didn't go to the school and don't know anyone involved. My hope is the ASHAA does the right thing because the kids deserve better.