Link: Postgame Brawl Overshadows Last-Minute Cullman Comeback vs. Walker

formersoldier71

All-American
May 9, 2004
Jasper, AL
Back when I played walker 25yrs ago they were easily the thuggiest team I have ever played. That behavior you see has been handed down for generations. They were more interested in hurting you than winning the game.
That would be the time frame when Chad Key played at Walker. I can't admit to watching every single Walker game when he was there, but I don't remember Walker being "thuggish" or "dirty".

gman4tide

All-SEC
Nov 21, 2005
Flint Creek
No dog in this fight. What i see is as agreed to prior to the game...the whs team heading towards the locker room (they did not do the usual team handshake). You can see 3 whs coaches between the whs players and the chs players. Whs coach is lead coach heading to locker room. Chs coach goes towards him...says something...says something else (appears) then the whs coach points his finger as in "don't wanna talk to you". Chs coach says something else and pow. Imo, i don't think anything happens if chs coach stays with his team and doesn't persue the whs coach. Both are as much to blame for the melee, therefore, punishment should be similar for both.

formersoldier71

All-American
May 9, 2004
Jasper, AL
Thought Chad Key played at Parrish?
Walker.
Page 47 (in case it doesn't come up on that page) on this link has two pictures of Key in uniform.
http://books.google.com.**/books?id...epage&q="chad key" walker high school&f=false

I was at the one point win over Jess Lanier. Their OL was bigger than the average NFL OL that year. If Walker's WRs could have held on to the ball, Walker would have won by at least two touchdowns. Key picked apart their secondary, but there had to be more drops than catches that night.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Knew he had to go and I think he knew he had to go as well.

Wonder if the Walker folks will still support this guy? I know on the al.com boards they are supporting him.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Walker.
Page 47 (in case it doesn't come up on that page) on this link has two pictures of Key in uniform.
http://books.google.com.**/books?id...epage&q="chad key" walker high school&f=false

I was at the one point win over Jess Lanier. Their OL was bigger than the average NFL OL that year. If Walker's WRs could have held on to the ball, Walker would have won by at least two touchdowns. Key picked apart their secondary, but there had to be more drops than catches that night.
He lived in Parrish, that is what got me. (or at least he is listed as being "from" Parrish)

formersoldier71

All-American
May 9, 2004
Jasper, AL
I expect he was encouraged to resign in order to save the school from further repercussions. If he hadn't, I would think he would have been fired anyway.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Knew he had to go and I think he knew he had to go as well.

Wonder if the Walker folks will still support this guy? I know on the al.com boards they are supporting him.
Here's a Fox 6 article with some comments from area Walker residents..Here's The Link..CLICK ME

Now the Cullman DC Hopper should do the right thing by manning & resign himself, he may not have thrown the 1st punch, but, he was the instigator & started the brawl, he's just as guilty, what do y'all think????..

Last edited:

gman4tide

All-SEC
Nov 21, 2005
Flint Creek
Here's a Fox 6 article with some comments from area Walker residents..Here's The Link..CLICK ME

Now the Cullman DC Hopper should do the right thing by manning & resign himself, he may not have thrown the 1st punch, but, he was the instigator & started the brawl, he's just as guilty, what do y'all think????..
Agreed

gman4tide

All-SEC
Nov 21, 2005
Flint Creek
Hearing now that chs players did up to $40k in damage to locker room. Now I don't know about the amount, however, should ALL the chs coaches be held responsible for this...if it did indeed happen. I mean, they were supposed to be supervising those young men, right? If they allowed them to "destroy" the locker room cause they were mad...what's next? They gonna allow their players to beat some kid to death with their helmets cause they were "mad" at him? :eek: It is a sad state that we're living in, if the so called adults in charge allowed that to happen.:( And it really makes me question my son's safety going to chs to play in a couple weeks...

formersoldier71

All-American
May 9, 2004
Jasper, AL
Hearing now that chs players did up to $40k in damage to locker room. Now I don't know about the amount, however, should ALL the chs coaches be held responsible for this...if it did indeed happen. I mean, they were supposed to be supervising those young men, right? If they allowed them to "destroy" the locker room cause they were mad...what's next?
Either it really wasn't that bad, or Walker isn't pushing it in a further effort to mitigate repercussions.
Alexander confirmed that the visitors’ locker room suffered damage after Friday’s game, but said he consisted of damaged ceiling tiles. He said it “was not serious” and that it wasn’t the first time a visitor has caused damage.

“We’re not pointing fingers at Cullman,” Alexander said.

Cullman Superintendent Doreen Griffith, meanwhile, said in an e-mail to AL.com that the damage to the locker room was superficial.
http://highschoolsports.al.com/news...e-of-coaching-brawl-photos-video/#incart_2box

Regardless, I'm thinking that there shouldn't be any damage.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
I'm not sure the AHSAA can make the heads roll (fire them, etc.) but they can suspend them for the year or years and cause the BoE to fire them.

On the locker room the Walker fans were claiming that from the beginning, but as seems to be a habit with the current Walker fans it was obviously blown out of proportion. It now sounds like "anything to try and get Cullman in trouble" type deal.

I also find it crazy the Walker people are STILL supporting that clown. Do they not understand how people outside of Walker County is looking at them right now? People already think they are crazy just from the fight alone, and now they are crying because he resigned.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.