Link: Postgame Brawl Overshadows Last-Minute Cullman Comeback vs. Walker - Page 6
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Results 66 to 78 of 118
  1. #66

    Re: Postgame Brawl Overshadows Last-Minute Cullman Comeback vs. Walker

    Quote Originally Posted by CullmanTide View Post
    I don't think he "instigated" anything. I believe it is common courtesy to shake hands after a game am I right? When he saw the Walker coach didn't have enough class to do that and was obviously headed to the locker room he should have just left him alone however. That was his mistake. To fire a man for being attacked would be an injustice IMHO. I'm not saying that because I live in Cullman. I'm not from here originally, didn't go to the school and don't know anyone involved. My hope is the ASHAA does the right thing because the kids deserve better.
    He was not going over to shake hands. If that's not obvious to you, I'm sorry.

  2. #67
    BamaNation Hall of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Cullman, Al
    Posts
    6,084

    Re: Postgame Brawl Overshadows Last-Minute Cullman Comeback vs. Walker

    Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Jack View Post
    He was not going over to shake hands. If that's not obvious to you, I'm sorry.
    Make of it what you want. I have my opinion, you have yours and it's ok we don't agree.

  3. #68
    BamaNation Hall of Fame 230kv_barehand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    7,258

    Re: Postgame Brawl Overshadows Last-Minute Cullman Comeback vs. Walker

    I have heard that they had an agreement in place BEFORE the game stating they would not shake hands after the game. That has not been confirmed yet but of course maybe not all the coaches knew about it??

  4. #69
    BamaNation All-American MegaVars's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Warrior, AL.
    Posts
    4,510

    Re: Postgame Brawl Overshadows Last-Minute Cullman Comeback vs. Walker

    Quote Originally Posted by Clubfitter View Post
    I grew up in Walker County. I'm not sure heathens applies here but I will say that the water tastes different in Walker County. Since Cullman County adjoins Walker County I would assume that some of that water flows into Cullman County.
    Ditto....I'm from Cordova. Heathens is a lot less worse than some other things we've been called.
    "And believe me, to have been in the city of Tuscaloosa in October when you were young and full of Early Times and had a shining Alabama gal by your side--to have had all that and then to have seen those red shirts pour onto the field, and, then, coming behind them, with that inexorable big cat walk of his, the man himself, The Bear--that was very good indeed." Howell Raines, a Washington correspondent for the New York Times.

  5. #70
    BamaNation All-American formersoldier71's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Jasper, AL
    Posts
    3,710

    Re: Postgame Brawl Overshadows Last-Minute Cullman Comeback vs. Walker

    Quote Originally Posted by MegaVars View Post
    Ditto....I'm from Cordova. Heathens is a lot less worse than some other things we've been called.
    Being from Cordova, you probably deserved it.
    Victory... does not depend entirely upon numbers or mere courage; only skill and discipline will insure it. - Vegetius

  6. #71
    Suspended JIB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Sterrett
    Posts
    1,431

    Re: Postgame Brawl Overshadows Last-Minute Cullman Comeback vs. Walker

    As a resident of the much more civilized Shelby County I'm not biased one way or another. It's interesting reading those ultra biased opinions.

    The Walker coach is at fault. The Cullman coach did nothing wrong from the video.

  7. #72
    BamaNation All-American formersoldier71's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Jasper, AL
    Posts
    3,710

    Re: Postgame Brawl Overshadows Last-Minute Cullman Comeback vs. Walker

    Finally got to where I could watch the video. Walker HC was in the wrong for what he did; but I don't think I approved his action earlier. Don't know what was said, but I imagine the Cullman DC wishes he hadn't kept on walking towards Holladay after being pointed off. Also, I don't believe the Cullman DC was intending to shake hands.

    Also looks likes another pair of opposing coaches about got into it. They did have hands on each other.

    A Cullman kid did tackle a Walker kid.

    And one dude from the Walker side liked to have got lit up by a JPD officer.

    I can't say for certain that any Walker kids were kicking the Cullman DC; there were several that were definitely ready to fight.

    Again, I do not condone Holladay's action.
    Last edited by formersoldier71; September 1st, 2013 at 11:25 PM. Reason: additional thoughts
    Victory... does not depend entirely upon numbers or mere courage; only skill and discipline will insure it. - Vegetius

  8. #73
    BamaNation All-American Bad Pony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    Pelham
    Posts
    3,096

    Re: Postgame Brawl Overshadows Last-Minute Cullman Comeback vs. Walker

    Quote Originally Posted by CullmanTide View Post
    I don't think he "instigated" anything. I believe it is common courtesy to shake hands after a game am I right? When he saw the Walker coach didn't have enough class to do that and was obviously headed to the locker room he should have just left him alone however. That was his mistake. To fire a man for being attacked would be an injustice IMHO. I'm not saying that because I live in Cullman. I'm not from here originally, didn't go to the school and don't know anyone involved. My hope is the ASHAA does the right thing because the kids deserve better.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but angrily pointing a finger at someone isn't shaking hands...both coaches should be relieved of their duties. As 230kv stated, they decided BEFORE the game started not to interact after the game. All things being said, both coaches displayed a pathetic attempt to be leaders of young men. I hope they suspend any players involved in this also. BTW, I'm from Cordova also and it wouldn't bother me if Walker never won another game

  9. #74
    BamaNation Hall of Fame Al A Bama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,629

    Re: Postgame Brawl Overshadows Last-Minute Cullman Comeback vs. Walker

    Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    If they walk away, they win. As soon as they decide to fight, they lose. This is not a war. These kids need to be banned from the game.
    Watching the video from Texas, I have been to many, many, many high school games and have NEVER seen anything like this.

    The Walker County Coach needs to go. I'm not sure about the Cullman Coach yet. He may need to go also.

    Cullman's #28 (player) who ran over and lunged at Walker players needs an assault charge and to be kicked off the team and receive discipline from the school for his inappropriate actions.

    Looks like some Walker County players were kicking the Cullman Coach. They also need charges filed against them for assault and to be kicked off the team.

    The Cullman Board of Trustees member needs to just "Shut Up". She should have never said anything until she got all the facts.

    Now, I've viewed the video from Walker County's side of the field. I sure would like to see video from Cullman's side of the field.

    Hopefully, the state high school athletic association will have a SPINE and take corrective action and put all high schools on notice about inappropriate behavior like this!

    What have these two coaches taught the players on the field? All of this is an educational setting and coaches are teachers first.
    "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, Give me Liberty, or give me Death!" Patrick Henry

  10. #75
    BamaNation Hall of Fame Al A Bama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,629

    Re: Postgame Brawl Overshadows Last-Minute Cullman Comeback vs. Walker

    Also, it looks like one big guy pushed an officer in the video. Who was that guy, a coach?
    "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, Give me Liberty, or give me Death!" Patrick Henry

  11. #76
    BamaNation Hall of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Cullman, Al
    Posts
    6,084

    Re: Postgame Brawl Overshadows Last-Minute Cullman Comeback vs. Walker

    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Pony View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but angrily pointing a finger at someone isn't shaking hands...both coaches should be relieved of their duties. As 230kv stated, they decided BEFORE the game started not to interact after the game. All things being said, both coaches displayed a pathetic attempt to be leaders of young men. I hope they suspend any players involved in this also. BTW, I'm from Cordova also and it wouldn't bother me if Walker never won another game
    They may have had an agreement not to interact as you say. I had not heard that. It's hard to tell from that distance what the Cullman coach intended. He at a minimum showed poor judgement. He may have been angry and said something to provoke the Walker coach. If he did he too needs to go. I'm willing to cut any of the young men slack for their actions because they likely would not have acted if not for the idiot coaches. A game or 2 suspension might be enough for players involved.

  12. #77
    BamaNation Hall of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Cullman, Al
    Posts
    6,084

    Re: Postgame Brawl Overshadows Last-Minute Cullman Comeback vs. Walker

    Quote Originally Posted by 230kv_barehand View Post
    I have heard that they had an agreement in place BEFORE the game stating they would not shake hands after the game. That has not been confirmed yet but of course maybe not all the coaches knew about it??
    If that is true it was an agreement they should have stuck to. If grown men can't control their emotions better than this they certainly should not coach.

  13. #78
    BamaNation Hall of Fame Crimson1967's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    11,942

    Re: Postgame Brawl Overshadows Last-Minute Cullman Comeback vs. Walker

    Unless these schools are in the same region, they should not be allowed to schedule each other in any sport for a long time.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

TideFansStore.com Bama Gear

2019 NFL Draft Gear