Link: Postgame Brawl Overshadows Last-Minute Cullman Comeback vs. Walker - Page 7
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    BamaNation All-American bamabelle1991's Avatar

Re: Postgame Brawl Overshadows Last-Minute Cullman Comeback vs. Walker

I'm not anywhere near any of these cities but I am disgusted that this has landed our state in the National Media. I am equally disgusted that the Cullman School Board thinks their people acted with "class." If THAT is class, I would hate to see what wasn't. One of our county schools down here had a fight break out in the locker room after a game last year that involved players and coaches. The kids were immediately expelled as they were the aggressors. The fathers were arrested as were the players.

I hate the unfortunate opportunity to encounter an angry coach from Cullman at a softball tournament this summer. I called the police on him for his classless behavior. I've also heard stories about Walker County from a former coach in that area. Based on all of that, this brawl was of no surprise to me.

Regardless of where you are from, an adult--much less a coach--should NEVER act like this. Shameful.

BamaNation All-American

Back when I played walker 25yrs ago they were easily the thuggiest team I have ever played. That behavior you see has been handed down for generations. They were more interested in hurting you than winning the game.

Personally, I think the somebody like the AG ought to come to town and make examples out of a couple of these folks and pretty much tell everybody else that if he hears of anything approaching this again. There won't be football being played in walker again.

Sent from my LG-P930 using Tapatalk 2

BamaNation All-American MegaVars's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by formersoldier71 View Post
    Being from Cordova, you probably deserved it.
    Can't argue that.
    "And believe me, to have been in the city of Tuscaloosa in October when you were young and full of Early Times and had a shining Alabama gal by your side--to have had all that and then to have seen those red shirts pour onto the field, and, then, coming behind them, with that inexorable big cat walk of his, the man himself, The Bear--that was very good indeed." Howell Raines, a Washington correspondent for the New York Times.

BamaNation All-American formersoldier71's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JDCrimson View Post
    Back when I played walker 25yrs ago they were easily the thuggiest team I have ever played. That behavior you see has been handed down for generations. They were more interested in hurting you than winning the game.
    That would be the time frame when Chad Key played at Walker. I can't admit to watching every single Walker game when he was there, but I don't remember Walker being "thuggish" or "dirty".
    Victory... does not depend entirely upon numbers or mere courage; only skill and discipline will insure it. - Vegetius

Heath Bruner has been named the Walker interim head football coach according to Jasper City Schools Athletic Director Jimmie Alexander.

Administrators from Walker and Cullman will meet with officials from the Alabama High School Athletic Association today at 1 p.m. in Montgomery.
    http://www.mountaineagle.com/view/fu...ce=home_sports
    Victory... does not depend entirely upon numbers or mere courage; only skill and discipline will insure it. - Vegetius

AHSAA Executive Director Steve Savarese is expected to meet today with officials from Walker and Cullman high schools to discuss Friday’s on-field brawl involving coaches after Friday’s football game in Jasper.

....AHSAA spokesman Ron Ingram said in an email that no decision is expected today.
    http://highschoolsports.al.com/news/...otos-video/#/0

BamaNation Hall of Fame 230kv_barehand's Avatar

Thought Chad Key played at Parrish?

No dog in this fight. What i see is as agreed to prior to the game...the whs team heading towards the locker room (they did not do the usual team handshake). You can see 3 whs coaches between the whs players and the chs players. Whs coach is lead coach heading to locker room. Chs coach goes towards him...says something...says something else (appears) then the whs coach points his finger as in "don't wanna talk to you". Chs coach says something else and pow. Imo, i don't think anything happens if chs coach stays with his team and doesn't persue the whs coach. Both are as much to blame for the melee, therefore, punishment should be similar for both.

Quote Originally Posted by 230kv_barehand View Post
    Thought Chad Key played at Parrish?
    Walker.
    Page 47 (in case it doesn't come up on that page) on this link has two pictures of Key in uniform.
    http://books.google.com.af/books?id=...school&f=false

I was at the one point win over Jess Lanier. Their OL was bigger than the average NFL OL that year. If Walker's WRs could have held on to the ball, Walker would have won by at least two touchdowns. Key picked apart their secondary, but there had to be more drops than catches that night.

@wsfa12news

#BREAKING: From our Raycom news Partner @myfoxal - Walker head football coach John Holladay has resigned.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    @wsfa12news

#BREAKING: From our Raycom news Partner @myfoxal - Walker head football coach John Holladay has resigned.
    Just read that. Wonder if more will follow.

Knew he had to go and I think he knew he had to go as well.

Wonder if the Walker folks will still support this guy? I know on the al.com boards they are supporting him.

Quote Originally Posted by formersoldier71 View Post
    Walker.
    Page 47 (in case it doesn't come up on that page) on this link has two pictures of Key in uniform.
    http://books.google.com.af/books?id=...school&f=false

I was at the one point win over Jess Lanier. Their OL was bigger than the average NFL OL that year. If Walker's WRs could have held on to the ball, Walker would have won by at least two touchdowns. Key picked apart their secondary, but there had to be more drops than catches that night.
    He lived in Parrish, that is what got me. (or at least he is listed as being "from" Parrish)