Link: Postgame Brawl Overshadows Last-Minute Cullman Comeback vs. Walker - Page 8
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    BamaNation All-American formersoldier71's Avatar

Re: Postgame Brawl Overshadows Last-Minute Cullman Comeback vs. Walker

I expect he was encouraged to resign in order to save the school from further repercussions. If he hadn't, I would think he would have been fired anyway.
    Victory... does not depend entirely upon numbers or mere courage; only skill and discipline will insure it. - Vegetius

Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States

Seems like something needed to happen.

So I saw the video on YouTube of the fight. Wow man!!!

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideMan09's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 230kv_barehand View Post
    Knew he had to go and I think he knew he had to go as well.

Wonder if the Walker folks will still support this guy? I know on the al.com boards they are supporting him.
    Here's a Fox 6 article with some comments from area Walker residents..Here's The Link..CLICK ME

Now the Cullman DC Hopper should do the right thing by manning & resign himself, he may not have thrown the 1st punch, but, he was the instigator & started the brawl, he's just as guilty, what do y'all think????..
    Last edited by TideMan09; September 4th, 2013 at 01:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TideMan09 View Post
    Here's a Fox 6 article with some comments from area Walker residents..Here's The Link..CLICK ME

Now the Cullman DC Hopper should do the right thing by manning & resign himself, he may not have thrown the 1st punch, but, he was the instigator & started the brawl, he's just as guilty, what do y'all think????..
    Agreed

Hearing now that chs players did up to $40k in damage to locker room. Now I don't know about the amount, however, should ALL the chs coaches be held responsible for this...if it did indeed happen. I mean, they were supposed to be supervising those young men, right? If they allowed them to "destroy" the locker room cause they were mad...what's next? They gonna allow their players to beat some kid to death with their helmets cause they were "mad" at him? It is a sad state that we're living in, if the so called adults in charge allowed that to happen. And it really makes me question my son's safety going to chs to play in a couple weeks...

Quote Originally Posted by gman4tide View Post
    Hearing now that chs players did up to $40k in damage to locker room. Now I don't know about the amount, however, should ALL the chs coaches be held responsible for this...if it did indeed happen. I mean, they were supposed to be supervising those young men, right? If they allowed them to "destroy" the locker room cause they were mad...what's next?
    Either it really wasn't that bad, or Walker isn't pushing it in a further effort to mitigate repercussions.
    Alexander confirmed that the visitors’ locker room suffered damage after Friday’s game, but said he consisted of damaged ceiling tiles. He said it “was not serious” and that it wasn’t the first time a visitor has caused damage.

“We’re not pointing fingers at Cullman,” Alexander said.

Cullman Superintendent Doreen Griffith, meanwhile, said in an e-mail to AL.com that the damage to the locker room was superficial.
    http://highschoolsports.al.com/news/...o/#incart_2box

Regardless, I'm thinking that there shouldn't be any damage.
    Victory... does not depend entirely upon numbers or mere courage; only skill and discipline will insure it. - Vegetius

Quote Originally Posted by CullmanTide View Post
    Just read that. Wonder if more will follow.
    I don't really expect any heads to roll on the Cullman side, unless directed by the AHSAA.

BamaNation Hall of Fame TrampLineman's Avatar

I'm not sure the AHSAA can make the heads roll (fire them, etc.) but they can suspend them for the year or years and cause the BoE to fire them.

On the locker room the Walker fans were claiming that from the beginning, but as seems to be a habit with the current Walker fans it was obviously blown out of proportion. It now sounds like "anything to try and get Cullman in trouble" type deal.

I also find it crazy the Walker people are STILL supporting that clown. Do they not understand how people outside of Walker County is looking at them right now? People already think they are crazy just from the fight alone, and now they are crying because he resigned.

I know the dude shouldn't have punched the chs coach...but if the chs coach HADN'T TAKEN THOSE 8 STEPS...i don't think the melee would have happened.

I'm not sure the AHSAA can make the heads roll (fire them, etc.) but they can suspend them for the year or years and cause the BoE to fire them.
    That's pretty much what I meant; not that the AHSAA would fire anybody themselves. I'm sure the AHSAA can take actions or make statements to the school that would make them feel that a firing or resignation would be appropriate.

On the locker room the Walker fans were claiming that from the beginning, but as seems to be a habit with the current Walker fans it was obviously blown out of proportion. It now sounds like "anything to try and get Cullman in trouble" type deal.
    I could blow your statement out of proportion and ask you to elaborate further on the habits of Walker fans, but I won't.

I also find it crazy the Walker people are STILL supporting that clown. Do they not understand how people outside of Walker County is looking at them right now? People already think they are crazy just from the fight alone, and now they are crying because he resigned.
    Folks in Jasper saying he should have resigned.
    http://highschoolsports.al.com/news/...ght-photos/#/0
    Crazy.
    Last edited by formersoldier71; September 4th, 2013 at 06:33 PM.

It seems like he just keep coming.

Absolutely no reason for this.