Link: Postgame Brawl Overshadows Last-Minute Cullman Comeback vs. Walker

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Sad to see high school coaches fight after a game, I heard the Cullman HC started the fight after the game(I have no idea if that's true), were any of y'all at the game by chance..Nice way to set an example for your players, stay classy fellows, I take it this is a heated rivalry..LOL

Here's The Link..CLICK ME

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
WOW..Here's a pic of Cullman DC Matt Hopper, dude looks like he got the worst end of the fight, dude should've went on the offense during the fight it looks like..LOL

Last edited:

Florida Tom

All-American
Aug 15, 2011
Tampa, FL
I remember in HS playing Sylacauga they had a running back that just tore us up, Randy Billingsley, some older Tide fans will remberance him he was the Moose Johnson of CFB.

Well we lost bad & wanted to fight, all I recall is waking up on our bus being asked if I was ok & told I should have left my helment on.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
WOW..Here's a pic of Cullman DC Matt Hopper, dude looks like he got the worst end of the fight, dude should've went on the offense during the fight it looks like..LOL

:eek: Looks like the dude got his clock cleaned. I read the little article, didn't think it was any big deal...then checked out the picture...wow...

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Sad - some coaches will lose their jobs, and many players will probably get suspended for the season. I don't know much about Alabama HS football, but the axe would swing for something like this up here.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Sad - some coaches will lose their jobs, and many players will probably get suspended for the season. I don't know much about Alabama HS football, but the axe would swing for something like this up here.
I agree and it is inexcuseabale. There should be severe penalties for this and deserved.

formersoldier71

All-American
May 9, 2004
Jasper, AL
Sad to see high school coaches fight after a game, I heard the Cullman HC started the fight after the game(I have no idea if that's true), were any of y'all at the game by chance..Nice way to set an example for your players, stay classy fellows, I take it this is a heated rivalry..LOL

Here's The Link..CLICK ME
http://www.mountaineagle.com/view/f...mars-Walker-Cullman-game?instance=home_sports

I notice you linked only the Cullman side of things. Here's the Jasper paper. Our article is more informative and better written.

:wink:

Tide Rev

All-American
Mar 22, 2000
Ocean Springs, MS
Having been a former HS coach, this is inexcusable. These men are supposed to be an example to the young men they coach and the community they serve. This is what happens when football gets more important than life itself. This is only going to get worse unless someone gets a grip on this problem. Flame away if you want but this has been going on for 30-40 years. This is what happens when you have men who think they are bigger than the game and treat the game like every game is a National Championship. I told my wife the other night I miss the competition, the teaching aspect of coaching and relationships with the kids, but I do not miss having to deal with delusional parents who think their child can do no wrong and dealing with pompous opponents who are out of control.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
10-1 it swings hard, heavy and fast

37bamagreats55

All-American
Apr 1, 2003
Gardendale, AL
Were the players involved? I'm getting mixed reports.

Whatever coaches were involved should be let go immediately.

This is deplorable and I'm sure will be broadcast all over the country and give the state a huge blackeye (no pun intended).
The district (or whoever makes the call) needs to act swiftly and powerfully and perhaps suspend the programs for the entire season or at least until a full review of the altercation has been made.

Florida Tom

All-American
Aug 15, 2011
Tampa, FL
Having been a former HS coach, this is inexcusable. These men are supposed to be an example to the young men they coach and the community they serve. This is what happens when football gets more important than life itself. This is only going to get worse unless someone gets a grip on this problem. Flame away if you want but this has been going on for 30-40 years. This is what happens when you have men who think they are bigger than the game and treat the game like every game is a National Championship. I told my wife the other night I miss the competition, the teaching aspect of coaching and relationships with the kids, but I do not miss having to deal with delusional parents who think their child can do no wrong and dealing with pompous opponents who are out of control.
I don't know anyone in their right mind that would flame what you said, so very well I might add.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.