Link: Luther Davis had an axe to grind with UA, forged Fluker's name?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RammerJammer91

1st Team
Nov 27, 2012
Re: Luther Davis han an axe to grind with UA, forged Fluker's name?

Thanks. I checked that out before I posted. Don't see anything wrong w/the question.
Could someone fill me in? I'm not aware of this person's past and credibility. Thanks!

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Could someone fill me in? I'm not aware of this person's past and credibility. Thanks!
RTO is a moderator, which means he's not going to post a rumor on here without having some idea of its validity.

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland

I know that there have been some question marks regarding the other person that runs the site (former player) but they have had a few stories before anyone else had them over the past couple of years.

I also question if that phone registered to Fluker was actually Fluker's. Seems to me like it could have been Davis', but he registered it under Fluker's name....especially with how easily those records were produced (i.e. handed over by Davis?)

I know that there have been some question marks regarding the other person that runs the site (former player) but they have had a few stories before anyone else had them over the past couple of years.

I also question if that phone registered to Fluker was actually Fluker's. Seems to me like it could have been Davis', but he registered it under Fluker's name....especially with how easily those records were produced (i.e. handed over by Davis?)
I think that answers my question of how he got those text messages. I am irate right now!

Sent from my iPhone

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana

Neither side of this makes much sense to me. It doesn't make sense that Fluker would take the benefits that they are saying, especially considering it was the equivalent of $2,000. It seems like Fluker would be a lot smarter than this.

By the same token, I don't see why Davis would risk going to jail and getting sued by the Fluker family just to get back at Bama. I especially don't understand him giving up this information so readily if he was indeed being the middle man. It makes no sense because no college will let him near their campus now that he is known to have connections with an agent. He is killing his reputation either way.

The other thing I can't figure out. The original article had emails from Kyle Pennington's mother. How is she still affiliated with the university, and how does she fit into the equation? Maybe someone who is a little closer to the team can tell me where she is coming from.

Is this basically a repeat of the Gene Jelks situation?

Last edited:

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

As I've pointed out in another topic: a well motivated computer novice with a little google searching could discover GUI application that spoofs text messages from any number such as DJ Fluker's. I never suggested that was what happened in this case but if this allegation is true then it certainly becomes a legitimate possibility to fabricate incriminating evidence.

tidefanbeezer

All-American
Sep 25, 2006
Atlanta, GA

As I recall, when the story about Fluker's Twitter account was hacked earlier this year, it was noted by his attorney that Fluker knew the culprit and it was being handled.

Is it possible that was Luther Davis? Makes sense if the forgery story is true.

Hoot30

All-SEC
Jan 12, 2005
Nashville, TN

The other thing I can't figure out. The original article had emails from Spencer Pennington's mother. How is she still affiliated with the university, and how does she fit into the equation? Maybe someone who is a little closer to the team can tell me where she is coming from.
Not Spencer, but Kyle Pennington.

As I recall, when the story about Fluker's Twitter account was hacked earlier this year, it was noted by his attorney that Fluker knew the culprit and it was being handled.

Is it possible that was Luther Davis? Makes sense if the forgery story is true.
I was thinking the same. How could be had gotten his password?

Sent from my iPhone

westide

All-SEC
Jan 22, 2011

I am not surprised. The records were so meticulous that it seemed like someone was making an extraordinary attempt to create a paper trail.

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States

Okay, what about the other players mentioned in the Yahoo story? Did Davis forge them all or just Fluker? The UT player has already admitted gilt and apologized. This whole thing doesn't make any sense.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Okay, what about the other players mentioned in the Yahoo story? Did Davis forge them all or just Fluker? The UT player has already admitted gilt and apologized. This whole thing doesn't make any sense.
Could it be the story wasn't much of anything until a big name player on a big name team is listed?

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

I don't wholly buy this report on twitter. Who the heck is this guy anyway? Why hasn't it been picked up by bigger fish? Something doesn't seem right and I assume it is because this tweet was a retweet/mention grab.

rtcjny

All-SEC
Jan 27, 2011
Hartselle ,AL

I don't wholly buy this report on twitter. Who the heck is this guy anyway? Why hasn't it been picked up by bigger fish? Something doesn't seem right and I assume it is because this tweet was a retweet/mention grab.
I agree. Until I read this from a credible source I am going to have a hard time believing it. Through our Crimson minds we want to believe it but lets wait and see if it comes out in the main stream media.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.