JUCO RB Jovon Robinson Commits to Auburn (Page 4)

Capt. Jack

Suspended
Jun 20, 2006
Re: Jovon Robinson Leads NJCAA in Rushing

If he graduates JuCo, grades wouldn't be an issue. Whether or not our coaches would be interested is the issue.

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006

Best of luck to him, but he's not coming to 'Bama.
My thoughts exactly. Putting aside any baggage, he'd be in the same class as most of our other guys. If we take a RB in this class, it's a true freshman so that we have some staggered depth at the position by eligibility.

Capt. Jack

Suspended
Jun 20, 2006

My thoughts exactly. Putting aside any baggage, he'd be in the same class as most of our other guys. If we take a RB in this class, it's a true freshman so that we have some staggered depth at the position by eligibility.
He wouldn't be in this class anyway. He's not eligible to transfer until December of 2014 and he could redshirt.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012

How many RBs do we need? I'm assuming that's what his position would be if he signs with us?

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

How many RBs do we need? I'm assuming that's what his position would be if he signs with us?
When he gets on campus, Jalston is gone. TJ and Kenyan could very well be gone. That leaves Henry and Tenpenny entering their junior seasons. Jones entering his RS sophomore season and Bo as a RS freshman or true sophomore. The RB depth won't be very deep.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

When he gets on campus, Jalston is gone. TJ and Kenyan could very well be gone. That leaves Henry and Tenpenny entering their junior seasons. Jones entering his RS sophomore season and Bo as a RS freshman or true sophomore. The RB depth won't be very deep.
We are also bringing in Flowers in 2015 and I had hopes of Kerryon Johnson also. I don't think we will take 3 RB's in this class even with the departures of Hart and Kamara and the possibility of TJ and Kenyan leaving early.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

We are also bringing in Flowers in 2015 and I had hopes of Kerryon Johnson also. I don't think we will take 3 RB's in this class even with the departures of Hart and Kamara and the possibility of TJ and Kenyan leaving early.
Kerryon is listed as an athlete. I believe he can play multiple positions.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

Rumblings are true: We have given Robinson an offer to be a member of the 2015 recruiting class. He will be a December graduate, so he will enroll early.

Truth of the matter is that Robinson has been very high on us for a long time, and he has long since wanted an offer. We initially had no real interest, and then demurred for several months, but the combination of his monster JUCO season and our arguably tailback-less 2014 class (depending on what happens with Bo) have compelled us to finally extend an offer. We plan on taking a couple of backs in this class, which will allow us to add two more additions to the 2015 backfield, which will at least include Henry and Tenpenny (and possibly Yeldon, Drake, and Scarbrough, or some combination of those three). Adding Robinson, who again will enroll early, to Flowers in the 2015 class essentially solidifies us at the tailback position for the 2015 season.

Not sure where we go from here, honestly. Obviously it's a long time until Robinson enrolls -- just over 10 months -- but he has long since coveted an Alabama offer, and aside from our program being a tailback-factory, we legitimately have the real possibility of immediate playing time for a true championship contender to offer him. Again, long way to go, and his commitment may or may not be imminent, but for the time being the widely-held consensus is that he ends up in Tuscaloosa.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

Kerryon is listed as an athlete. I believe he can play multiple positions.
Correct. Kerryon could end up at tailback, wide receiver, cornerback, or safety, and no real decision has been made on his future.

More to the point, though, is that it's no guarantee that we will sign Kerryon. Both Auburn and FSU have been on him hard, too, so it's far from a foregone conclusion, though I do believe Auburn is the bigger threat (especially with Pruitt leaving for Athens).

yesitsmed23

1st Team
Aug 28, 2008
Huntsville, AL

Correct. Kerryon could end up at tailback, wide receiver, cornerback, or safety, and no real decision has been made on his future.

More to the point, though, is that it's no guarantee that we will sign Kerryon. Both Auburn and FSU have been on him hard, too, so it's far from a foregone conclusion, though I do believe Auburn is the bigger threat (especially with Pruitt leaving for Athens).
from what i hear, AU wants him at RB and we like him at safety. the way he plays safety reminds me a lot of HaHa, and he's built like him as well.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.