Friday Night Lies - Rush Propst's Journey to Redemption
Thanks Thanks:  0 Like Like:  0 Dislike Dislike:  0 Roll Tide! Roll Tide!:  0 Ha Ha! Ha Ha!:  0

Idea Friday Night Lies - Rush Propst's Journey to Redemption

"I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame 230kv_barehand's Avatar

Re: Friday Night Lies - Rush Propst's Journey to Redemption

My contact with Rush was short, but he was always cool to me and I was an outsider. But like I said that time was short, very short.

They had basically this story up right before the Hoover/Colquitt game that was long and good as well as the t.v. spot was. I truly think he thought he was unstoppable at one point in Hoover and he probably was. Hopefully he learned from his mistakes. Could you imagine getting the chance to coach at Bama (possibly) and watch it get shot down?

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaJama17's Avatar

It is a big jump from high school to college. IDK how is offense would have worked out in the SEC.

Quote Originally Posted by BamaJama17 View Post
    It is a big jump from high school to college. IDK how is offense would have worked out in the SEC.
    What position did he want at Alabama? I don't believe Saban would have hired him for a coordinator position.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

BamaNation Hall of Fame 230kv_barehand's Avatar

Yea it wasn't a coordinator position. One of our ex players had the job at one time, it was something dealing with the h.s. coaches in this state. Man I wish I could remember who it was that got it under Shula, I think he was coaching at Tanner at the time.

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaJama17's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    What position did he want at Alabama? I don't believe Saban would have hired him for a coordinator position.
    I don't remember for sure...but it was a position on the coaching staff.

BamaNation First Team AlabasterBama's Avatar

Yea it wasn't a coordinator position. One of our ex players had the job at one time, it was something dealing with the h.s. coaches in this state. Man I wish I could remember who it was that got it under Shula, I think he was coaching at Tanner at the time.
    Tim Bowens former WR at Bama