Breaking Bad

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Well, I read it's a prequel, so while there may be a few BB cameos, I doubt there's will be a ton of crossover.
I've read that too. I still hope it starts in a Cinnibon in NE though. Like Johnny Dangerously, "want to know how I got here kid? Let me tell ya, crime don't pay. I started out as lawyer in Albuquerque....." Run the show as a series of flashbacks right up until Walt walks into his office the first time.

Last edited:

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
So I have watched all the episodes now. This is definitely one of my all time favorite series.

You know just like with Lost, you really don't appreciate a show till it is gone. I hope there will be another show like these two. Ones that make you guess things every week...try to figure out what will happen next.

If anyone has suggestions on shows like this, please let me know. :)

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama
I avoided this thread until I could watch all 80 episodes! I DVR'd the marathon on AMC and finished on Tuesday. I felt lost and empty when it was over. I thought it was a brilliant series and have had so many "in my head" discussions about it--whys, what ifs, etc. I cant stop thinking about it! Seeing Walter evolve was amazing. I am a TV freak--I watch way too much and the DVR is my BFF. Haha. The only other series that has me this attached is Game of Thrones. I loved Six Feet Under and Sopranos. I currently love SOA, American Horror Story, Bates Motel, and Downton Abbey. I know, that one doesn't for the mold of the rest of "my shows." Haha.

I read somewhere and I'm sure it is just a rumor, that there are 3 more BB episodes to be released on PPV. Has anyone else heard this? Maybe alternate endings? I would buy all 3.

RIP WW!!

jabcmb

All-American
Feb 1, 2006
Birmingham, AL
I avoided this thread until I could watch all 80 episodes! I DVR'd the marathon on AMC and finished on Tuesday. I felt lost and empty when it was over. I thought it was a brilliant series and have had so many "in my head" discussions about it--whys, what ifs, etc. I cant stop thinking about it! Seeing Walter evolve was amazing. I am a TV freak--I watch way too much and the DVR is my BFF. Haha. The only other series that has me this attached is Game of Thrones. I loved Six Feet Under and Sopranos. I currently love SOA, American Horror Story, Bates Motel, and Downton Abbey. I know, that one doesn't for the mold of the rest of "my shows." Haha.

I read somewhere and I'm sure it is just a rumor, that there are 3 more BB episodes to be released on PPV. Has anyone else heard this? Maybe alternate endings? I would buy all 3.

RIP WW!!
If my memory is correct, Vince Gilligan said there would be lots of extras in the upcoming "complete" DVD set. He said it would include the scripts for alternate endings, but the alternates were not actually filmed.

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
I read somewhere and I'm sure it is just a rumor, that there are 3 more BB episodes to be released on PPV. Has anyone else heard this? Maybe alternate endings? I would buy all 3. RIP WW!!
Jeffrey Katzenberg offered $75 million for three additional episodes.

The scary part:

Since Breaking Bad cost $3.5 million per episode to make, Katzenberg’s offer meant that the creators would have made more money from three episodes for him than they did from five years of the entire series.

mikes12

All-American
Nov 10, 2005
Chattanooga, TN
If my memory is correct, Vince Gilligan said there would be lots of extras in the upcoming "complete" DVD set. He said it would include the scripts for alternate endings, but the alternates were not actually filmed.
It is common practice to film several versions/scripts, so that not even the actors know which one is real.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama

RIP WW!!

Yes, I love AHS, Downton Abbey and Game of Thrones! Did you catch AHS last night? Definitely freaky opening.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
warning, do not watch this if you haven't followed the series!

The entire series done to the song "El Paso" -- this is awesome

When Stephen Colbert talked to Vince Gilligan about the song El Paso used in the season finale of Breaking Bad, he asked if Felina was Jesse or the blue meth, and Vince basically said Felina was the blue meth.. Viewed that way, the song El Paso matches up with not only the scene it was used in and the season finale, but the entire series. Or at least I was able to shoehorn it all in, I have no idea if this is how the creators meant any of this. So I put together the rest of it, just the way I saw it, to the whole song before and after the actual scene from the finale.

Probius

Hall of Fame
Mar 19, 2004
Birmingham, Alabama
So, I just got done watching this series on DVD, and this is the best thing I have ever seen on TV, except for Bama football of course. I couldn't help but to notice that Hank went after Heisenberg in much the same Captain Ahab went after Moby Dick. Walter White is also called W.W. by Gale in his lab notes and on the Walt Whitman book where he writes a message to Walter. W.W. could also stand for white whale. The story plays out like a classic tragedy, one man's poor choices destroy everyone around him, just like Captain Ahab's choices destroyed everyone on his ship. What do y'all think?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.