Breaking Bad

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I've thought about starting this show. I've heard great things about it. What's the show about and what makes it so "great"? I really got into "Madmen". I could watch that entire show again like it was the first time I liked it so much.
It really is - by far - the best TV show I've ever seen. As Bamaro said, watch the first few episodes - you'll be hooked. And the best prt is every episode is better than the last. The fourth and fifth seasons are insane!

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Watch the 1st few episodes, you will be hooked.
actually I disagree. The first few shows are very hard to get through as the show begins exceptionally dark, my wife watched the first half of season one and then forced me to get through a few episodes until I was hooked like her.

Buzz. The show is about a high school chemistry teacher who gets a really bad cancer diagnosis turning to a life of crime to fund his family and healthcare. The writing, pace, cast, acting, everything is perfect. It glamorizes nothing and has been mentioned throughout this thread it never has filler episodes or stupid cliff hangers to hold you in, nor does it treat its audience as stupid as so many shows do. Give it 5-6 episodes and you will watch all 5 seasons

GreatDanish

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2005
TN
I've thought about starting this show. I've heard great things about it. What's the show about and what makes it so "great"? I really got into "Madmen". I could watch that entire show again like it was the first time I liked it so much.
Let me add that it is really about the deterioration of a man. Not to spoil anything, but you watch a normal ole guy make a lot of "small" decisions that lead him to becoming an incredibly dangerous man. Bryan Cranston's portrayal of Walter White is just outstanding.
Who are you talking to? Who is it you think you see?... I am not in danger, Skylar. I am the danger. A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? I am the one who knocks!

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
Watch the 1st few episodes, you will be hooked.

It took me the first few to get hooked too. That is why I usually give a show a few episodes, before I decide to watch it all or not. I am glad I gave GOT and TWD a couple episodes. I wasn't feeling the pilots.

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
It took me the first few to get hooked too. That is why I usually give a show a few episodes, before I decide to watch it all or not. I am glad I gave GOT and TWD a couple episodes. I wasn't feeling the pilots.
I haven't read the whole thread so I don't know what GOT and TWD are.

Some shows spend a lot of time introducing characters in the first few episodes and don't really get into the story and action until a few episodes in so it can take some patience. It can get a little frustrating if there are a lot of characters like Game of Thrones. Wait, GOT=Game of Thrones?

I watched Wayward Pines which was okay but not great. I almost quit on it because it took a number of episodes before it was revealed what was really going on so the show could start making some sense.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
I haven't read the whole thread so I don't know what GOT and TWD are.

Some shows spend a lot of time introducing characters in the first few episodes and don't really get into the story and action until a few episodes in so it can take some patience. It can get a little frustrating if there are a lot of characters like Game of Thrones. Wait, GOT=Game of Thrones?

I watched Wayward Pines which was okay but not great. I almost quit on it because it took a number of episodes before it was revealed what was really going on so the show could start making some sense.
Sorry, TWD is The Walking Dead and GOT is Game of Thrones.

We really enjoyed the last season of Wayward Pines though.

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001
Never saw the series, but a co-worker loaned me season one on dvd to watch while I've been laid up.

Very, very good.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Never saw the series, but a co-worker loaned me season one on dvd to watch while I've been laid up.

Very, very good.
Each season is better and better, no lie.

Seasons 4 & 5 are the two highest rated TV seasons in history on Metacritic - season 5 graded out at 99%. It's absolutely spectacular.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.