Breaking Bad

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
We've talked about plenty of other shows on TideFans but not the best show currently running. With one episode remaining, what do y'all think?

For me, I didn't start watching till this year, watching an episode here and there. Throughout my back and spent a few days stuck in a recliner just as I got to season three and the show ratcheted up a few levels. Ended up plowing through season 3/4 on Netflix quickly. Now caught up to live and I don't know if there has ever been a better show on non-subscription TV.

GreatDanish

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2005
TN
Agreed. Best show on TV.
I love how the Gray Matter people are back.
I kind of expect Walter to be responsible for Skylar's death to fully complete his downfall. Now that his family hates him, he has nothing to live for.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Haven't seen any of this show, but with all the good reviews I'll plan to do a weekend marathon in the near future.
you will like it I am sure. I didn't get into this show until last year, a friend kept telling me to check it out and I kept putting it off. now I wish I had watched it sooner. it really is an amazing show.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Haven't seen any of this show, but with all the good reviews I'll plan to do a weekend marathon in the near future.
2 things.

1) read this post and go no further on this thread. This a show that completely blows you away with the unexpected, to get the full experience you need to go in without knowing the spoilers in advance.

2) it really has become the best show I have ever watched. Unlike the Sopranos and others were you feel like the writers are just adding filler to extend the shows life making each season progressively worse this show has become better with each new season. This final season has been exceptional.

We_are_Bama

Suspended
Dec 11, 2008
Breaking Bad is doing something that practically no show ever does. It is going out as it came in. On top. 5 seasons that were all top notch in quality. A lot of shows start out great and have excellent seasons for the first few years. Then, they hang around too long and the quality goes down. Then, by the time it is concluding, everyone is just simply wanting the once great show to end. Examples would be The Sopranos, Lost, 24, Friday Night Lights, the original Dallas to name a few. Breaking Bad is doing right by not hanging around too long.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
it really has become the best show I have ever watched. Unlike the Sopranos and others were you feel like the writers are just adding filler to extend the shows life making each season progressively worse this show has become better with each new season. This final season has been exceptional.
Yup. It really is the best TV show I've ever seen. From the writing to the direction to the acting - even the production lighting, audio, etc - it's simply superb.

jabcmb

All-American
Feb 1, 2006
Birmingham, AL
Glad to see this thread, tried to get it going on "The Strip." There was a camera shot last year that blew me away. It came when Walt and his gang were stealing chemicals from the train. The shot began with a long push shot of an oncoming train, pulled all the way back, turned 45 degrees and down, and pushed under a trestle to reveal the waiting thieves. All in one continuous shot.

CrimsonTheory

All-American
Mar 26, 2012
CrimsonBleedRed
This show will go out not with a whimper, but with a BOOM!!!! In the words of Bart Scott, "Can't wait." I expect Jesse, Todd and his uncle's thugs, Marie, and Walt to all die in the finale. I expect Skyler, Jr and Holly to survive and be relocated after the events in NM.

SavannahDare

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Gulf Breeze, Florida
I literally LOVE this show and I can't believe it's over this coming Sunday. I have thoroughly enjoyed the characters' evolution (or de-volution, as the case may be for some). I love the color symbolism, the depth of the psychology of love, fear, pride, and sense of self, and I love the brutality of it. It is truly a masterpiece.

I keep trying to figure out who the ricin is for. At first, I thought Jesse, then I thought Hank, then I thought Skylar, then I thought Walt himself. Now I wonder if it's for his old Gray Matter foes. I love not knowing yet!

Prior to this show, I said the series that ended most perfectly was Six Feet Under. Now I fully expect to have Breaking Bad blow that series finale out of the water!

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
while I hate that the show is ending, it is ending at the right time. go out while you are still popular and interesting.

I think the ricin is for Lydia. put it in her tea and she is done.

I will say it again. Todd needs to go. that guy needs to go and needs to go violently. My personal belief is Jesse takes him out by sabotaging the cook. Boom! He has nothing to live for anyway.

I am intrigued by the new spinoff "Better Call Saul." Don't know if it will be a drama or comedy though.

PacadermaTideUs

All-American
Dec 10, 2009
Navarre, FL
Seriously, Bodhi, if you're still reading, STOP NOW!

I agree with those who've said this is the best show ever. The series is so well written down to the tiniest minutia (White + Schwarz = Grey Matter, Marie's purple fetish, etc). I love the juxtaposition of good/bad, black/white, White/Heisenberg, Heisenberg/Hank, etc.

I was just thinking earlier today how most good shows wow you with that "Holy crap! No way!" reaction once every 2 or 3 episodes. This one hits you 2 or 3 times every episode. And you can almost never guess what will happen with any twist or turn. Yet all the twists and turns still make perfect sense. And nothing is put into the show that doesn't have relevance at some point. There's nothing superfluous there.

So yes, Staci - that ricin is meant for somebody. So are those guns that we saw Walter buy in the trunk of a car in the flash-forward at the beginning of season five (last year). But good luck guessing who. My guess would be that the guns are meant to take out Todd and his Uncle's crew and the ricin is meant for himself.

My brother turned me on to BB June 2012 and I watched the first 4 seasons in marathon prior to the start of season 5 last summer. Haven't missed an episode since.

Glad to see the return of Heisenberg last night. Emaciated, defeated, dying, and desperate Walter was difficult to stomach.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
I've watched the entire series from episode 1 and I agree....best drama series EVER!

So here's a couple thoughts going forward.....

Staci I think you may be onto something with the ricin. When Walt was watching the Charlie Rose - Gray Matter segment - you could see the smoke billowing out of his ears and nostrils! Not only were they dissing Walt.....it was evident the arian fellowship did not snuff out Jesse as they promised. Plus they stole Walt's loot! Walt has left NH and will be seeking vengeance...unfinished business as it were...the ricin for Gretchen and Elliot and the M60 for the fellowship - including Todd (Opie).

As for Jesse....I think he lives to face Walt in the last scene. What happens from there who knows. Maybe Walt surrenders himself or takes himself out.

I agree though Skylar, Walt Jr., and Holly will be spared. Not sure about Lydia though...ha ha.

What a ride it has been....whew....

Last edited:

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
my prediction

didn't like my prediction after posting it so I deleted.

Can't wait for sunday night

Last edited:

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
I fully expect finale to be a maelstrom of utter chaos and devastation. The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse will weep with envy. And I mean that in a good way.

But for the finale to be a success, Todd must end up in a barrel of hydroflouric acid.

While he's still alive.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.