2013 AHSAA Playofs

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
Hoover rolls over Shades Valley 33-14 winning their 27th game in a row tying their longest winning streak in school history. Next up at Florence. GO BUCS!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Final Four is set in all 6 classes. My picks for the Super 6:

6A: McGill-Toolen vs. Hoover
5A: Spanish Fort vs. Muscle Shoals
4A: UMS-Wright vs. Oneonta
3A: Leeds vs. Madison Academy
2A: Sweet Water vs. Tanner
1A: Maplesville vs. Pickens County

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Well Hoover edges out Florence 22-21. Next up in the semi finals is Vestavia Hills at the Met. GO BUCS!!!

That should be a great game. I think Buddy Anderson will be going for his 309th win, which would tie the state record.

I'm from Florence and am glad to see how they've built up their program since the merger.

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
That should be a great game. I think Buddy Anderson will be going for his 309th win, which would tie the state record.

I'm from Florence and am glad to see how they've built up their program since the merger.
Yeah it will be but he will have to wait until next season. Of course it will or should be another epic battle. Yeah Florence has come a long way. I remember being in High School back in '04', '05 and '07 when Hoover played them. Good luck next year Falcons.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Kendrick Doss I imagine kept Florence in that game. Pretty dang good QB.

I just don't see Vestavia beating Hoover. They should play Hoover better this week than they did earlier this year, but Hoover wont be overlooking them like they did Florence.

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
Kendrick Doss I imagine kept Florence in that game. Pretty dang good QB.

I just don't see Vestavia beating Hoover. They should play Hoover better this week than they did earlier this year, but Hoover wont be overlooking them like they did Florence.
Hoover doesn't overlook anybody. Just like Alabama everyone gives them their best game.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Yeah it will be but he will have to wait until next season. Of course it will or should be another epic battle. Yeah Florence has come a long way. I remember being in High School back in '04', '05 and '07 when Hoover played them. Good luck next year Falcons.

Way to make me feel old.

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
I talked to a few that went, they said Hoover was VERY sloppy. So they either had a bad night or just flat out overlooked Florence.
I'd say really sloppy. Every team (from high school to the NFL) has those kinda games. After all what team would overlook somebody let alone in playoffs in the quarter finals???

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
Well Hoover beats Vestavia 31-28 in the semi finals to extend their winning streak to 29 games. At the beginning of the 3rd qtr ,the rebels were up 28-10 and it looked like they gonna put Hoover away. However The BUCS managed to score 21 unanswered points. The was an epic comeback and the 3rd time since 2003 they have beat Vestavia in the semi finals. GO BUCS!!! Next up Auburn.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
I was only in the 3rd grade at that time.

Thanks for making me feel young today:biggrin:

I think Hoover has this wrapped up. Just hope I'm still here to catch some of the games later in the week, thought we were going to Arkansas on the ice storm but was called off. Now they're thinking Ohio or West Virginia.

I'm pumped for this 1A game today though!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.