picture of Saint Simons Island beach after the UGA/FL Friday night pre-game parties

BillDee

3rd Team
Sep 7, 2010
Athens, GA
www.BillDunston.com
LOL! No, tailgating was not banned. However, it was not allowed on North Campus, which is the area pictured in this thread. I went to the UGA-Arky game in 2010 and the ban on North Campus was still in effect. It has been eased a bit since then and folks are allowed to tailgate (with restrictions) in this area again.

This trash problem at UGA has been a real puzzle to me, especially considering how respectful the crowds are in Tuscaloosa. I was on North Campus early one Sunday morning a few years ago and the area around the UGA Chapel was completely trashed from a wedding the evening before. I just don't get how these people can be so filthy and disrespectful to such a pretty campus.

TiderGreg

Suspended
Nov 27, 2006
I talked to my father a few minutes ago, Toby Keith is playing across the street at "The Louge". He claims that these people do this every year, and it's been worse. They just clean it up and move on.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
so it's not just their players that are scum, the fans are too. Way to go Dawgs and Gators! Keeping it classy on the field and on the beach
I read somewhere that UGA fans do this to their own campus at home games...:rolleye2:

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
They trashed the quad and strip when they won here in 2007. Never thought much of em as a whole fanbase but there are some good ones of course. For a road game, it ain't just "the kids being kids." That is systemic fanbase culture stuff that carries on into adulthood.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
Correct me I'm wrong, but as I recall, our fans did not distinguish themselves that year with their carpet bombing of the field following Georgia's winning touchdown.

BamaMan09

All-SEC
Feb 26, 2009
Funny how a lot of Georgia people I know carry themselves like uppity snobs that are above Alabama people but yet they do stuff like this. Disgraceful.

BamaMan09

All-SEC
Feb 26, 2009
that makes sense. i was sitting at about the 45 yard line on the same side and couldn't really see where everything was coming from other than the general direction of the student section
That same thing happened in 2005 when we lost to LSU in overtime. Disgraceful. The school president needs to get rid of block seating. It would solve a lot of issues.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.