Jameis Winston investigated for sexual assault - and...no charges to be filed...

Status
Not open for further replies.

BamaFanInTally

All-SEC
Nov 18, 2002
Tallahassee, FL, USA
Re: Jameis Winston investigated for sexual assault - update: DNA match found

Maybe Meggs, as an FSU grad is just trying to ensure that Winston plays against UF and they can win. Having said that, any of us Monday morning QB's on here could possibly start for the Noles and win that game. Just hand the ball off. I'm convinced I could at least complete a pass, thereby earning a scholarship offer to Georgia Southern. :)

gwilliams

1st Team
Aug 29, 2011

I'd guess Ohio State fans are livid about now. (Minor football aspect of situation)

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

I think the longer he delay the case, the worse it gets for Winston and for DA office.
I think he's just delaying until after the championship. Also, he can't drop it with this much media scrutiny. They need to at least look like they're investigating.

gwilliams

1st Team
Aug 29, 2011

Meggs may be hoping for a Federal prosecutor to take this hot potato off of his hands. Somebody needs to manufacture some outrage before that will happen.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

I don't understand where the jurisdiction would be for a federal prosecutor.

dWarriors88

All-American
Jan 4, 2009
Tulsa, OK

Can someone get me caught up on the situation? Last i heard, the DNA found on the girls underwear was linked to JW. What is the likelihood of charges being brought up now?

MOAN

All-American
Aug 30, 2010
Swearengin, Alabama, United States

Over on Noles 24/7 they've gone as far as posting Meggs Email and contact info so members can harass him.
I could see this backfiring on them. It could embolden him to pursue more vigorously for a conviction. He has the evidence and probably knows whether he can win or not already but is wanting to not leave any stones unturned.

Even if he feels he has all the evidence he needs for an open and shut case whats it hurting him to take his time especially after all the time that it has taken to come to his attention in the first place. Maybe its not all about the rape evidence but something else like say maybe the cover up.

My Law and Order tv degree says go go go but I hope if he does elect to indict that he has all his ducks in a row. As much as I believe Winston is guilty I do want the due process to be done right and not see some kind of acquittal because of some kind of technicality.

As far as who Bama faces for the BCS championship I just want us to get there first. I like our chances against anyone if we make the game as I think FSU and all their high scoring blowouts are the product of playing against poor defenses. Baylor? Oregon? ;)

BigBama76

Suspended
Oct 26, 2011
Atlanta, GA

It went from "perhaps the end of this week" to "early next week" to "not before Thanksgiving" (yay Florida game participation).

On the docket: "We need more time after the Thanksgiving holiday to build the evidence" (yay ACCCG participation) to "many witnesses have left town for Christmas break at FSU" (yay Heisman ceremony) to "too many people are on vacation for the christmas/new year holiday to finish our investigation" (yay national title game).

Winston won't be charged until mid-January, just you wait.
Unless there's something that dramatically proves Winston's innocence before the voting I think he's out of the Heisman. As for delaying until they get a chance at the BCSNC I think there will be too much of a media backlash. You can also bet OSU or any other team's media and fan base that might have a shot will be howling big time.

Things are relatively calm right now but the heat will begin to build on this from outside Tallahassee and Florida. FSU and the prosecutor don't have many good choices right now unless there is clear and overwhelming proof that no criminal behavior happened.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama

I thought it made FSU look bad by playing Jameis against Idaho Saturday, it was like they were thumbing their nose to the legal system, and they passed on a golden opportunity, to let their backup QB, get some valuable playing time in case he has to play if Jameis is suspended..It was really dumb not to play their backup Saturday..JMO

BradtheImpaler

All-American
Nov 16, 2010
Sugar Hill, GA

I could see this backfiring on them. It could embolden him to pursue more vigorously for a conviction. He has the evidence and probably knows whether he can win or not already but is wanting to not leave any stones unturned.

Even if he feels he has all the evidence he needs for an open and shut case whats it hurting him to take his time especially after all the time that it has taken to come to his attention in the first place. Maybe its not all about the rape evidence but something else like say maybe the cover up.

My Law and Order tv degree says go go go but I hope if he does elect to indict that he has all his ducks in a row. As much as I believe Winston is guilty I do want the due process to be done right and not see some kind of acquittal because of some kind of technicality.

As far as who Bama faces for the BCS championship I just want us to get there first. I like our chances against anyone if we make the game as I think FSU and all their high scoring blowouts are the product of playing against poor defenses. Baylor? Oregon? ;)
That's a good point. It's not like Meggs has had a little over a year to build his case. He's just had this hand grenade dropped in his lap, and there's probably a lot of work to catch up on.

CrimsonProf

Hall of Fame
Dec 30, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama

Unless there's something that dramatically proves Winston's innocence before the voting I think he's out of the Heisman. As for delaying until they get a chance at the BCSNC I think there will be too much of a media backlash. You can also bet OSU or any other team's media and fan base that might have a shot will be howling big time.

Things are relatively calm right now but the heat will begin to build on this from outside Tallahassee and Florida. FSU and the prosecutor don't have many good choices right now unless there is clear and overwhelming proof that no criminal behavior happened.
You've got a lot more faith in Heisman voters than I do.

CrimsonProf

Hall of Fame
Dec 30, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama

Say what you will, but FSU isn't Oregon or Baylor.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

I thought the same. ... Unless they know something we don't know? Seems to me that the last two games.. could've been used to get our back up QBs some experience.. shoot in all of the games this year, they should've used second half to develop their future QBs to get a feeling for them... I'm real suprised. The only reason he's being considered for the HT is because he is running the scores up. AJ would've done the same thing if Coach didn't pull him out of the game. Huge difference.
I thought it made FSU look bad by playing Jameis against Idaho Saturday, it was like they were thumbing their nose to the legal system, and they passed on a golden opportunity, to let their backup QB, get some valuable playing time in case he has to play if Jameis is suspended..It was really dumb not to play their backup Saturday..JMO

MOAN

All-American
Aug 30, 2010
Swearengin, Alabama, United States

Actually I think if they had not played him it would have made it look like they think he may be guilty. Even if he is indicted by the DA I think they would look bad to their fans and recruits if they were to throw him under the buss and suspend him. The ole stick by your fambly that got you there through thick and thin scenario.

I am sure they have the us against the world attitude going on down there now and are all in. And I know another fan base that I am sure will become big FSU fans should they lose a certain game come Saturday! ;)

NBF_Bama_Cavalry

All-American
Dec 2, 2002
Titus, Al, US
www.dixiebikers.com

I respectfully disagree. Regardless of our opinion on Winston's guilt or innocence (my gut feeling is guilt, FWIW), until the wheels of justice move against him, FSU has no reason to assume he's guilty and hold him out of games. If the SA decides not to pursue the case or (unlikely) the girl is proven to be a liar, Winston would have been unfairly punished. FSU does not have enough information at this point to do anything against him. It's not like it's an NCAA violation where playing him could cost them later - it's a legal situation. Continuing to play him now will have no repercussions if he is eventually charged. Unless and until that happens, FSU should proceed with business as usual. Just my $.02.

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002

When I asked an Attorney friend about JW and him going out of state for post season play, this was his answer:

If he is arrested for a felony FSU has a policy that he is supposed to be suspended - but there is a loophole in the policy - the AD and Prez can decide not to suspend even if he is arrested. If he is arrested a judge could give him permission to travel as a condition of release they might make Jimbo be responsible.

JIB

Suspended
Nov 2, 2011
Sterrett

When I asked an Attorney friend about JW and him going out of state for post season play, this was his answer:

If he is arrested for a felony FSU has a policy that he is supposed to be suspended - but there is a loophole in the policy - the AD and Prez can decide not to suspend even if he is arrested. If he is arrested a judge could give him permission to travel as a condition of release they might make Jimbo be responsible.
Fat chance. This will never happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.