*** DE/Jack Da'Shawn Hand Commits to Alabama ***

64met

All-American
Oct 12, 2007
Re: ***DaShawn Hand picks.... (11:40-11:50 CST approx)

This is killing me.... I am at 30,000 feet right now and can't watch the video feed. RTR!!!!

bamablood6

1st Team
Mar 27, 2006

Perhaps it's my crimson colored glasses, but he sounds like a person who is certain of his decision. He also seems remarkably well spoken!
Roll Tide ....rolls off his tongue rather easy and with Pride!

Roll Tide Da'Shawn

I told you guys earlier in a thread that recruiting is all about surprises.....that was all I could say at the time.

Last edited:

tidefanbeezer

All-American
Sep 25, 2006
Atlanta, GA

Saturday Down South has a post on reactions from Michigan fans to Hand's choice. I won't link to it here due to language, but needless to say they are in meltdown mode. In their eyes, Hand went from a stud DE who could do no wrong and valued academics, to an overrated, dumb football player who is obviously getting paid...just by uttering the word "Alabama".

Welcome DaShawn! We love you, even if those mid westerners don't.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

Da'Shawn is a very bright kid who looked deeply into the academic and social aspects of the schools. I will say it is a very mature way to go about it and he will have a very bright future on and off the field.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover

Meh, knew it all along :rolleye2:

Just kidding...Welcome to Title town DaShawn!

glasscutter256

All-American
Jan 31, 2009
Huntsville

Now, who was the poster who said Hand to Michigan was a done deal? Maybe you need to get some better sources. Seriously, I wonder when he made up his mind? Hope he is 100%. I don't think Michigan will lay down on this one.

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland

Now, who was the poster who said Hand to Michigan was a done deal? Maybe you need to get some better sources. Seriously, I wonder when he made up his mind? Hope he is 100%. I don't think Michigan will lay down on this one.
he is 100%.....not the type of kid who is going to renege...

Remember, he has played everything extremely close to the vest. VT was everyone's leader FOR him....and he eliminated them. UM was his leader because of familiarity....but then he came back for his official.

rickvox79

All-SEC
Dec 11, 2008
Pace, FL

I'm sure many of you saw the early front page article for one of Michigan's recruiting sites that jumped out with the news a liiiiittle too soon. Check out this small section from it that was copied before they took it down. All I can say is if you're a Michigan fan...ouch

"After a few nervous days that saw Michigan's fan base break down in nervous tears, Hand chose the Wolverines. Nick Saban's offer of coaching and a near guaranteed spot in the National Football League was trumped by Brady Hoke's offer of coaching from Greg Mattison, paired with one of the best sport management degrees in world.

Michigan fans can breathe a bit easier now that Hand is on board. Outside of horrific interior offensive line play, the team's biggest weakness is its lacks of consistent pass rush on defense. Da'Shawn will help turn that weakness into a strength as his career at Michigan moves forward, which should lead to more victories."

Basic Bama

Mar 5, 2008

Wonderful news! Trains still rolling! Welcome to the Tide Mr. Hand.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

I'm sure many of you saw the early front page article for one of Michigan's recruiting sites that jumped out with the news a liiiiittle too soon. Check out this small section from it that was copied before they took it down. All I can say is if you're a Michigan fan...ouch

"After a few nervous days that saw Michigan's fan base break down in nervous tears, Hand chose the Wolverines. Nick Saban's offer of coaching and a near guaranteed spot in the National Football League was trumped by Brady Hoke's offer of coaching from Greg Mattison, paired with one of the best sport management degrees in world.

Michigan fans can breathe a bit easier now that Hand is on board. Outside of horrific interior offensive line play, the team's biggest weakness is its lacks of consistent pass rush on defense. Da'Shawn will help turn that weakness into a strength as his career at Michigan moves forward, which should lead to more victories."
The OSU sites are loving it. :biggrin:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.