JessN: Sources say Saban, Bama are close on contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
His next stop will be ESPN in my opinion. He is a natural as an analyst and he clearly gets his jollies off studying game tape ;). I truly believe that he and miss Terry have decided that this is the next challenge. She said in her own words that they've always been builders but they've done that three times already. They've never stayed and maintained and then done it again. That is the whole "we have to change how we think" comment came about from her in the famous WSJ article. This is their new challenge. Can they sustain the dynasty? Coach Bryant lasted 25 years and won in entirely different eras. Can Nick? I think he wants to try. Roll Tide.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
His next stop will be ESPN in my opinion. He is a natural as an analyst and he clearly gets his jollies off studying game tape ;). I truly believe that he and miss Terry have decided that this is the next challenge. She said in her own words that they've always been builders but they've done that three times already. They've never stayed and maintained and then done it again. That is the whole "we have to change how we think" comment came about from her in the famous WSJ article. This is their new challenge. Can they sustain the dynasty? Coach Bryant lasted 25 years and won in entirely different eras. Can Nick? I think he wants to try. Roll Tide.
I don't have the confidence in that that I had even last week...

JessN

Administrator & Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Once the Board of Trustees approves it, it becomes a public document and is releasable.
My, My! My 1,000[SUP]th[/SUP] post!
And just remember that "agreed in principle" does not equal "signed." Unfortunately, until there's a formal announcement one way or the other, there's not much change from a week ago or a month ago.

ptw1961

1st Team
Dec 8, 2011
Earl- is this just your gut feelings about his situation or do you know something the rest of us do not? I sense there is some concern on your part and that is troubling.
I don't have the confidence in that that I had even last week...

skipster63

All-SEC
Nov 5, 2010
Buchanan Dam
Well I am sure that he is going about his business until something is formalized.....do your job. My concern is building is in his DNA and UT is sure ripe for that with huge upside. And of course they have money.....lots of it. But he could walk in and be given the keys to the kingdom at this point. At Alabama, the job would be different for him and may well not be something he is entirely comfortable with though he is entirely capable. This is a concern of mine until I hear something is finalized. He has said to date what I expected him and anyone else in his position to say. But we all know from experience that can change in a nano second. I will hold my breath until an announcement is made. I am sure that UT is capable of putting on a full court press. He will be our biggest recruit to get this year perhaps. I am just afraid that his DNA makeup and the money may be too compelling in the end. Who knows what his inner voices are telling him right now.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
Well I am sure that he is going about his business until something is formalized.....do your job. My concern is building is in his DNA and UT is sure ripe for that with huge upside. And of course they have money.....lots of it. But he could walk in and be given the keys to the kingdom at this point. At Alabama, the job would be different for him and may well not be something he is entirely comfortable with though he is entirely capable. This is a concern of mine until I hear something is finalized. He has said to date what I expected him and anyone else in his position to say. But we all know from experience that can change in a nano second. I will hold my breath until an announcement is made. I am sure that UT is capable of putting on a full court press. He will be our biggest recruit to get this year perhaps. I am just afraid that his DNA makeup and the money may be too compelling in the end. Who knows what his inner voices are telling him right now.
I'm through holding my breath or walking on eggshells concerning everything CNS. Hope he stays but more importantly that he WANTS to stay. If he doesn't I'll thank him and wish him luck all the way up to second place...right behind Bama :)

Last edited:

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
In through holding my breath or walking on eggshells concerning everything CNS. Hope he stays but more importantly that he WANTS to stay. If he doesn't I'll thank him and wish him luck all the way up to second place...right behind Bama :)

Same here. Not like we can do anything about it. I am enjoying my holidays and will stay away from this thread until an official decision is made.

64met

All-American
Oct 12, 2007
Maybe I am late to the party but what has changed with CNS status? The SEC does not like major announcements of any kind until after SEC Championship game. This was just played yesterday….. Both Coach and his wife have said they are staying in T Town and until I hear otherwise, maybe I am old school but I take the man for his word.

Last edited:

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Maybe I am late to the party but what has changed with CNS status? The SEC does not like major announcements of any kind until after SEC Championship game. This was just played yesterday….. Both Coach and his wife have said they are staying in T Town and until I hear otherwise, maybe I am old school but I take the man for his word.
To me what makes me confident is that BOTH he and is wife said they were staying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
My gut feeling is that coach leaving us is a bunch of boloney (not bologna). Maybe there is a late push to open the checkbook by the horns but I'm sure we would not be outbid. Give him $10 million if he wants sheesh. If he truly wanted to leave us it would be because he is not happy here for some reason and I certainly don't get that impression.

alwayshavebeen

All-SEC
Sep 22, 2013
North Carolina
I thought rumors were not permitted on this site, and second the Saban to Texas thread was squashed days ago so why is this still going? If there is some game changing information why isn't everyone required to show some kind of proof IE Link? If you got "news" put it on the table.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
And just remember that "agreed in principle" does not equal "signed." Unfortunately, until there's a formal announcement one way or the other, there's not much change from a week ago or a month ago.
Well I tell you this. If he leaves AFTER both him and his wife said on several occasions this was their last stop then they're going to have to conjure up one helluva reason they changed their minds so quick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I thought rumors were not permitted on this site, and second the Saban to Texas thread was squashed days ago so why is this still going? If there is some game changing information why isn't everyone required to show some kind of proof IE Link? If you got "news" put it on the table.
Maybe I missed it - where in this thread has someone posted a rumor other than the report that CNS has agreed to a contract extension (which there are links to back)?

Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.