JessN: Sources say Saban, Bama are close on contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Not so fast my friend, it would be tough for anybody not named Nick Saban. I can't believe I am actually disagreeing with you. :wink:
I say that because I'd put my money on he wouldn't go 12-0 in his second year at UT. Nor would he win a national title in his third year. I'm going to also contend that Saban hasn't quite yet totally figured out how to defend the HUNH and that's all the Big 12 runs. A lot of things fell right for BOTH Alabama and Saban back when he got here and trust me he knows that. It's not guaranteed to playout the same way nor do I think it would.

Last edited:

bigjue24

Suspended
Dec 2, 2009
Okeechobee, FL
I'm very frustrated with this thread. I had a post deleted about a similar topic. It came straight off of a major network show and the reason given was "good grief". People are posting links to houses for God's sake. He may leave he may go. I can't control that. I hope he stays, but my problem is the "rumor" double standard that exists. A post about what is a rumor in another site was just posted, really?!

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
I'm very frustrated with this thread. I had a post deleted about a similar topic. It came straight off of a major network show and the reason given was "good grief". People are posting links to houses for God's sake. He may leave he may go. I can't control that. I hope he stays, but my problem is the "rumor" double standard that exists. A post about what is a rumor in another site was just posted, really?!
An Administrator of this site has learned of new information that he and the other administrators deem credible. They have the right to post that information. Before this information became known there was no reason to think there was an inkling of truth of Saban going to Texas. That has now changed. You and the administrator do not have the same rights. I'm not trying to be rude but just stating the facts.

MBA_99

1st Team
Jan 11, 2010
A, A
OK, this will grow faster than a Cam Newton megathread; I already can't find this info in 30 pages:
1) Are we disclosing what piece of information our Admin learned?
2) Other than Texas media rumors about a house purchase, what is the fact I'm seeing alluded to that made all this excitement. Something about a plane flight?

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
You know Earle it would be extremely okay if you just posted "APRIL FOOLS!!!" and revealed that this was just a big ole prank. We'd all have a good laugh, call each other some names and go back to normal. :biggrin2:
Yeah, I'd love to. I'm afraid to read my texts or hit refresh...

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
The thread on Shaggy Bevo is very funny. I would link, but they use some bad language.

UA All the Way

All-SEC
Dec 22, 2005
Las Vegas
OK, this will grow faster than a Cam Newton megathread; I already can't find this info in 30 pages:
1) Are we disclosing what piece of information our Admin learned?
2) Other than Texas media rumors about a house purchase, what is the fact I'm seeing alluded to that made all this excitement. Something about a plane flight?
That's about it. Nothing else has been added.

graydogg85

1st Team
Feb 7, 2006
Huntsville, AL
For what it's worth, the website for the Register of Deeds of Travis County, TX shows no record of any property being transferred to anyone named Nick, Nicholas, or Terry Saban (there are multiple grantees with the surname "Saban" but none remotely close to those three names).

Status
Not open for further replies.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.