Brag On Your Kid(s) - Page 18
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8111213141516171819 LastLast

Re: Brag On Your Kid(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonForce View Post
    Well, mine started kindergarten today. Not sure if that is something to brag about or not..
    Sure it is!
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

BamaNation All-American Tide in Athens's Avatar

Well, mine started kindergarten today. Not sure if that is something to brag about or not..
    Mine son started today too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Welcome to our nightmare, Alice.

My little guy managed to get on the field today at Rutgers. We had a dental appointment earlier, his dentist is on the way back from Piscataway.

Send me up some Pibb Extra and Golden Flake potato chips please

My son took the GMAT last week and scored very well on it so he is "officially" working toward his MBA at Alabama.

Quote Originally Posted by Tide in Athens View Post

You guys have a lot of firsts to see. Document all you can because the kids will be grown up and out of the house before you know it.

Quote Originally Posted by BamaNation View Post
    My 7th grade daughter earned state recognition for her ACT score as part of the the Duke TIP program. We are expecting her to earn a top scholly to Bama in 5 years so we dont have to pay out of state tuition! No pressure

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    The Duke Tip program is very good at helping the kids get used to taking the ACT. She will be glad she took it when she takes it again and since she did so well on it, her confidence will high and she should really see gains because of the higher level classes she gets under her belt in the years to come.

My niece, a USF marine biology grad, has accepted a full time Park Ranger and Aquarist position at Guana Tolomato Matanzas National Estuarine Research Reserve (Ponte Vedra Beach, FL) !

"Old dog - new tricks"

Quote Originally Posted by Bazza View Post
    My niece, a USF marine biology grad, has accepted a full time Park Ranger and Aquarist position at Guana Tolomato Matanzas National Estuarine Research Reserve (Ponte Vedra Beach, FL) !

That sounds like a very cool job, although after watching shark week I don't think I would want to go scuba diving.

BamaNation Hall of Fame CrimsonForce's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tide in Athens View Post

Our first day went well here in the Huntsville area. Seems like a good teacher and class. Good luck to you and yours..

Our first day went well here in the Huntsville area. Seems like a good teacher and class. Good luck to you and yours..
    It's still too damned early, IMO...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

BamaNation Hall of Fame CrimsonForce's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    It's still too damned early, IMO...
    It sure is. First week went really well though. Surprised that they serve free breakfast and lunch in HSV city schools now. Our kid was double eating breakfast (at home and school) until we figured out they were serving it in the classroom each morning lol

It sure is. First week went really well though. Surprised that they serve free breakfast and lunch in HSV city schools now. Our kid was double eating breakfast (at home and school) until we figured out they were serving it in the classroom each morning lol
    He was working the system. The breakfast at school must be pretty good.

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideMom2Boys's Avatar

My kids have just started 3rd and 7th grade! They started school last week in a new school system. I am proud of how well they have taken this. I know it is hard to switch schools. My 12 year old has taken it like a champ. I was scared that he would have a hard time, but he is loving the new school.
    Roll Tide