Brag On Your Kid(s) - Page 3
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567891013 ... LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame TideMom2Boys's Avatar

Re: Brag On You Kid(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TideMom2Boys View Post
    My kind of topic.

My oldest boy is in First Grade and he loves school. He is very smart and does well in school. We have never had problems with his schoolwork and he always gets good grades.

Our youngest is almost 3. He is such a sweetheart, but can be a stinker at times. Lol. He has a huge vocabulary for his age and is very independent. He is also very athletic and is so excited to start Tball in the spring.

I will update too.

My oldest is now in 2nd grade and was accepted into the gifted program for 3rd grade this fall.
    Last fall, he turned into quite the little soccer star. We have finally found a sport that he really enjoys.

My youngest is turning 4 this month. He is still a stinker, but he is hilarious and always makes us laugh. He will also be starting soccer this month. I hope it can help get some of his energy out.

Never a dull day in my household.
    Roll Tide

BamaNation All-American bamabelle1991's Avatar

I have a 17 year old daughter who is graduating this year and *GASP* is going to Auburn. I know this means I have failed miserably as a parent, but to see the look on her face when her letter finally came--yesterday--it made me realize that there is more to life than a football team, a rivalry, a mascot, trees, a quad--whatever. She started loving Auburn a couple of years after she started dating her boyfriend and I started the mourning then. I knew when she was in 9th grade that she wouldn't end up at Bama and it took 4 years to be ok with it. Anyway, she is happy and that is all that matters. She is beautiful, smart, sweet and to us perfect. She is very social and has the personality of a 2nd child--very "fly by the seat of her pants"--messy, disorganized but loyal and honest. We couldn't be more proud as parents.

My 11 year old is more like a first child. He is a neat freak, obsessed about his grades, likes everything to be perfect. He plays baseball, football and basketball. He is in the 6th grade so next year he will be eligible to play school sports. We are so excited! He plays on a travel baseball team out of Montgomery and we drive up there 2 days a week for practice and play just about every other weekend. He is caring and protective of his friends and cousins. Very responsible for a kid who is just 11. Even though he is very serious most of the time, he has the BEST personality. His friends love him and trust him.

We trust our kids and let them have input on every decision we make as a family. I think our serious but laid back parenting style has worked well for us. Both of our kids get compliments from teachers and other adults who they interact with. I think I am most proud of things like this. People talk about how hard it is to raise kids these days, but I disagree. It has been the biggest blessing and the most fun raising mine.

BamaNation First Team

the wife and I have been blessed with 2 terrific little girls. the 8 yo is sharp as a tack, gets awesome grades, is loving, caring and cannot be outdone by anyone.

let me tell you about the 6 yo. she was born a preemie...weighed 1 lb 10 oz at birth. the OB delivered her and put her in my hand (yes just 1....my baby fit in the palm of my right hand)......made it through 13 weeks in NICU....hooked upto all kinds of medical equipment and IV lines....survived pneumonia while on the ventilator and countless needle stick. now in 1st grade....kinda small (weighs 30 lbs) and looks fragile but has a mean right hook if you cross her and runs everywhere (inside the house and out)......was recently diagnosed with an abdominal mass.....getting ready for surgery....she is the strongest person I have ever met.....physically and mentally. yes she has told me she's tired of all the tests at Childrens Hosp.....but goes through with them anyways. yes she gets tired during the day but she's right back at it once she has her power nap in the afternoon. yes she's tired of all the medicine she's had to take but takes them anyways. and she's even told me and the wife that she's sorry she's caused so much trouble for us because of her health.....what do you tell a 6 yo who has that kind of insight and thought process? she's the best.....she's blessed....God blessed us with her presence and brought her into our lives that we may understand true courage, true strength, true perseverance.

God blessed me with 2 beautiful little girls.

love your children with all your heart and be thankful for their presence in your lives.

Quote Originally Posted by rjtide View Post
    the wife and I have been blessed with 2 terrific little girls. the 8 yo is sharp as a tack, gets awesome grades, is loving, caring and cannot be outdone by anyone.

let me tell you about the 6 yo. she was born a preemie...weighed 1 lb 10 oz at birth. the OB delivered her and put her in my hand (yes just 1....my baby fit in the palm of my right hand)......made it through 13 weeks in NICU....hooked upto all kinds of medical equipment and IV lines....survived pneumonia while on the ventilator and countless needle stick. now in 1st grade....kinda small (weighs 30 lbs) and looks fragile but has a mean right hook if you cross her and runs everywhere (inside the house and out)......was recently diagnosed with an abdominal mass.....getting ready for surgery....she is the strongest person I have ever met.....physically and mentally. yes she has told me she's tired of all the tests at Childrens Hosp.....but goes through with them anyways. yes she gets tired during the day but she's right back at it once she has her power nap in the afternoon. yes she's tired of all the medicine she's had to take but takes them anyways. and she's even told me and the wife that she's sorry she's caused so much trouble for us because of her health.....what do you tell a 6 yo who has that kind of insight and thought process? she's the best.....she's blessed....God blessed us with her presence and brought her into our lives that we may understand true courage, true strength, true perseverance.

God blessed me with 2 beautiful little girls.

love your children with all your heart and be thankful for their presence in your lives.
    Praying for your little girl!! She sounds like a little fighter so whatever maybe in her belly won't stand a chance! What do you tell her? Just constantly remind her that she is a Blessing and perfect as she is! Blessings to all of you!

BamaNation All-SEC Bamafaninco1's Avatar

Here's my update for the kids. My oldest,33 years, will be finishing up his PhD at the University of New Orleans this year, my middle son,30 years, is working on getting his own billing/coding business up and running and my youngest, 26 years, is in his third year of a 5 year PhD program at Cornell. I have always loved bragging about my boys.

BamaNation All-American alabama mike1's Avatar

Update here:

My oldest son and his wife blessed us with Kellan last Feb. 20th. Love the little man more than words can describe. I just melt when he reaches for me. T. is a trustee in our local church, refs soccer and substitute teaches.

D. spent 10 days in China late in the year. He just returned from Bufflao, N.Y. where he was recruiting some students for the Christian College he works for and had a chance to speak in a local church.

Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States

Re: Brag On Your Kid(s)

My kids are smart. Girl in the 8th all county band, A's in accelerated classes, Boy in 6th taking 7th grade courses all A's, boy first grade straight A's. Two girls not in school yet but they'll be the death of me. I'm always happy when people tell me how well behaved they are.

Like they have a choice. love them all!

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus RTR

BamaNation Hall of Fame GreatDanish's Avatar

No way all us doofuses have such gifted kids.

BamaNation All-American Gr8hope's Avatar

Yes way! It is genetic. After all we are Tide Fans!
    "There are two pains in life. There is the pain of discipline and the pain of disappointment. If you can handle the pain of discipline, then you'll never have to deal with the pain of disappointment."-Nick Saban

This thread is full of win.

I'm very impressed with everyone who posted.

Much respect - keep up the great work!

Oh no human kids for me...but my furkids are very well behaved, FWIW.

Quote Originally Posted by Bazza View Post
    This thread is full of win.

I'm very impressed with everyone who posted.

Much respect - keep up the great work!

Oh no human kids for me...but my furkids are very well behaved, FWIW.
    They don't talk back, either! Win-Win!!

BamaNation Hall of Fame exiledNms's Avatar

Not sure how I missed this one, but here goes my brags:

exiled, jr. has a job that is awesome in the very truest meaning of the word. He has his Pharm. D. from Ole Miss & does chemotherapy/bone marrow transplant pharmacy in a research hospital. When he reports to work each day, he walks into the bone marrow transplant unit. Every patient there has hope for life that they didn't have before. Since he's been there (a couple of years), they've lost patients, which goes with the territory; but they've also sent a number home with no more cancer and with a new lease on liveThat is one vivid definition of "awesome!"

My wonderful, creative daughter is building up her book as a cosmetologist here in town at a pretty good salon. She's becoming pretty good at it, if I may say so. In terms of sheer horsepower, she's probably the smartest one of the four of us, but decided she didn't want to stay in college. Until January, she worked two jobs, meaning she worked 7 days a week, every week. Here's some pressure: her boyfriend's Mom & sister have switched from their own long-time stylists to my daughter. Thus, she cuts the hair of her probable future ma-in-law & sis-in-law!

Both of our chirruns are WAY smarter & more together than I was in my mid-20s. (OK, probably than I am now! )

Signed,
    Proud Dad
    exiled

-------------------------
    "Let's see when we get a full body of work at the end of the season. If you get satisfied and you fall in love with yourself, you get complacent and lose your desire."
    Nick Saban

Where ever there's BBQ, Crawfish & Football

Quote Originally Posted by bamabelle1991 View Post
    I have a 17 year old daughter who is graduating this year and *GASP* is going to Auburn. I know this means I have failed miserably as a parent, but to see the look on her face when her letter finally came--yesterday--it made me realize that there is more to life than a football team, a rivalry, a mascot, trees, a quad--whatever. She started loving Auburn a couple of years after she started dating her boyfriend and I started the mourning then. I knew when she was in 9th grade that she wouldn't end up at Bama and it took 4 years to be ok with it. Anyway, she is happy and that is all that matters. She is beautiful, smart, sweet and to us perfect. She is very social and has the personality of a 2nd child--very "fly by the seat of her pants"--messy, disorganized but loyal and honest. We couldn't be more proud as parents.

My 11 year old is more like a first child. He is a neat freak, obsessed about his grades, likes everything to be perfect. He plays baseball, football and basketball. He is in the 6th grade so next year he will be eligible to play school sports. We are so excited! He plays on a travel baseball team out of Montgomery and we drive up there 2 days a week for practice and play just about every other weekend. He is caring and protective of his friends and cousins. Very responsible for a kid who is just 11. Even though he is very serious most of the time, he has the BEST personality. His friends love him and trust him.

We trust our kids and let them have input on every decision we make as a family. I think our serious but laid back parenting style has worked well for us. Both of our kids get compliments from teachers and other adults who they interact with. I think I am most proud of things like this. People talk about how hard it is to raise kids these days, but I disagree. It has been the biggest blessing and the most fun raising mine.
    Maybe she'll at least fall in love with a Bama quarterback. Would that help a bit?
    The existence of God isn't determined in the thoughts of man. God exists, no matter what man thinks.

"It cost a lot of money to look this cheap."-Dolly Parton.

"If you ever want to know how good your barbecue is start charging for it"-Myron Mixon