Brag On Your Kid(s)

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Re: Brag On You Kid(s)

Necropost!

Proud papa report. My middle child just started her second season of competitive academy soccer. She got close a few times this fall, but hadn't managed to bury one. She's a fullback so she doesn't get many chances unless she's shooting from distance. Last night, she finally got over that hump and cracked one home on a one timer from about 30 yards out. This morning she buried her second, also from distance. She's come a long way.

she seems to have better taste in team colors than her dad

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
I'll brag on my oldest -- he's a high school junior. He made the top band at the University of Alabama High School Honor Band Festival. And for the third year in a row he made the District IV Honor Band (fourth chair this year), which is the honor band for the best high school musicians in Jefferson and Shelby counties; and he made the Allstate Honor Band, which is made up of the best high school musicians in the state. And he made the Shelby County Honor Band (second chair).

My #2 and #3 also made the Shelby County Honor Band.

PacadermaTideUs

All-American
Dec 10, 2009
Navarre, FL

Took my son bowling for the first time today. Two games. The first was a 49. Pretty standard first-timer. Lot of gutter balls and really awkward approaches. But also a lot of instruction and rapid improvement. Second game was a 110. Three spares and two strikes. Wow. I need to quit taking this kid bowling before he's making me look even worse than I already am.

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL

Took my son bowling for the first time today. Two games. The first was a 49. Pretty standard first-timer. Lot of gutter balls and really awkward approaches. But also a lot of instruction and rapid improvement. Second game was a 110. Three spares and two strikes. Wow. I need to quit taking this kid bowling before he's making me look even worse than I already am.
How old is he?

tidegrandpa

All-American

My oldest, Masters in Communication from A&M, PHD candidate and professor of business communications at Texas A&M campus here in Corpus Christi. Great mom and wife too

Middle son, June 2003 to Jan 2005 Iraq,(longest 18 months my life) US Army, sells large equipment in Virginia and Wash DC area. Makes good living and we talk daily, loves Bama football.

Youngest daughter, Bachelors from UT Austin, 2 terrific younguns, grandson 1st chair french horn, grand daughter class prez.

One son in law head of revenue large resort ownership company with older legacy properties.
Other son in law head of Corps of Engineers here in Corpus Christi.

I enjoy my kids and family.:BigA:

Here is my oldest daughter calling out the slackers in her class early this semester for an online speech they were to deliver, she wasn't happy about their efforts as you can see

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d13NKSGiIhI

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
LOL GrandPa. Get on 'em Lady Prof. What's wrong with making a professional presentation while lying in bed?:eek:

Sounds like your children are doing really well.

BTW AUDub, WTH is a necropost?

bama_wayne1

All-American
Jun 15, 2007

I have 3 sons. One 35, one 31 and one 18. I am of course proud of them all. The Oldest is a Purple Heart Veteran of the Iraq war. His unit took back the big power plant you probably saw on tv. They repelled from Blackhawks and fought their way in and took it back then fought their way back to the "safe" side of the river. He was later injured by a IED triggered by a trip wire on a night mission. He is doing well with 2 children and is currently a civilian contractor maintaining helicopters and an Elder in his church. The middle son also a veteran of the Iraq war but was much luckier as he was never injured. He and his wife have two daughters and attend church with us. The youngest is trying to learn to be an adult and balance girl chasing, work and school. Presently girl chasing seems to be winning handily.

alabama mike1

All-American
Jul 12, 2013
Ohio
Our youngest son is getting married on March 18th in Nashville. Our oldest son and his wife blessed us with our 2nd grandchild, Keira.

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
Sadie has come a long way. Coming to a close of her 3rd season, she's found her niche in goal, which was her daddy's position, and starts every game there now for the A team in the Academy. Her work between the sticks has won us several games. She's asked to move up to one of the 06 competitive teams to close the year. Real deal, try out to qualify stuff. She has one more year of academy, but we may move her on up to full competitive next year. She's ready.

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
Sadie has come a long way. Coming to a close of her 3rd season, she's found her niche in goal, which was her daddy's position, and starts every game there now for the A team in the Academy. Her work between the sticks has won us several games. She's asked to move up to one of the 06 competitive teams to close the year. Real deal, try out to qualify stuff. She has one more year of academy, but we may move her on up to full competitive next year. She's ready.

Congrats Dub I know you must be proud!

Bodhisattva

Hall of Fame
Aug 22, 2001
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
A small thing .... Lily has really taken to being responsible. She makes sure the cat's food, water, and liter box needs are met. She does her laundry and does a lot of the dishes Now she insists on doing the grocery shopping. I just give her the list and some money. She is quite insistent that I wait outside while she takes care of business. I don't know any of her 11-year-old peers that do this. Now if I can just get her to pay for the groceries ...

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
You have no idea how happy I am that it's soccer, a sport I can identify with and played/coached/reffed for around 2 decades, and not dance or something. All three of my older girls danced at one point or another. It was torture for a dude like me.
my daughter does dance. lucky for me, she is not remotely talented at it, so it should have a short shelf life ;)

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
Was in Huntsville all day today for Sadie's competitive debut. The first game was an inauspicious start to her competitive career. A 5-0 loss. We got dominated. Turns out the team we played was Huntsville's A team, which shouldn't have been playing in the same division. They crushed our 06 A's 5-0 a few weeks ago. Sadie played fine, making several saves, but they were shooting with impunity. D couldn't stop them, and we got maybe 1 shot on frame all game, that off a free kick. Of all the shots she faced, and I counted 13, 1 got through that she could have saved, so a decent performance in a losing effort with kids 1-2 grades older than her.

Trophy case stuffing. Whatever.

Her second game was much better. A 2-1 win over BUSA. Only shot that got by was a beauty that no keeper her age could have gotten a hand on. A rising shot from 18 yards out. Sadie saved the game in the end. Up 2-1 in the second half, they got a breakaway. A 1 on 1 with the keeper. She charged and met the attacker at the top of the box, parrying the shot wide. Also caught a couple of head high 20+ yard rippers clean. 5 quality saves over the course of the game.

Proud of her. 1 more game tomorrow in the group against a Mississippi squad. Doubt we get through to the final with that Hunstville team in though, but we weren't expecting to finish above 3rd (this team has given up a ton of goals with their keeper issues) and 2nd in the group is attainable with BUSA out of the way.

Talked to the coach after the games. Keepers in the 06 age bracket have been an issue. Can't find one. Sadie will still be playing in the Academy with the rest of the 07s until next fall, but he's pleased with her work between the sticks and she'll be pulling double duty with his team. And I thought my schedule sucked now. Couldn't be happier though.

I took the SLR with me today, intending to get some good action shots. Unfortunately, my oldest daughter had made use of it and left the battery charging. Oh well. Will try again tomorrow.

In lieu of that, Sadie with her post game meal:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.