Brag On Your Kid(s) - Page 4
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101114 ... LastLast
    Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

Re: Brag On You Kid(s)

Necropost!

Proud papa report. My middle child just started her second season of competitive academy soccer. She got close a few times this fall, but hadn't managed to bury one. She's a fullback so she doesn't get many chances unless she's shooting from distance. Last night, she finally got over that hump and cracked one home on a one timer from about 30 yards out. This morning she buried her second, also from distance. She's come a long way.

Just a barner.

There goes Davis!

Quote Originally Posted by AUDub View Post
    Necropost!

Proud papa report. My middle child just started her second season of competitive academy soccer. She got close a few times this fall, but hadn't managed to bury one. She's a fullback so she doesn't get many chances unless she's shooting from distance. Last night, she finally got over that hump and cracked one home on a one timer from about 30 yards out. This morning she buried her second, also from distance. She's come a long way.

she seems to have better taste in team colors than her dad
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

- George Orwell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they donít have to worry about the answers.

ó Thomas Pynchon

Quote Originally Posted by 92tide View Post
    she seems to have better taste in team colors than her dad
    I played for Trussville too. And it's the wrong shade of red hardy hardy har.
    Just a barner.

There goes Davis!

Suspended

Re: Brag On Your Kid(s)

I'll brag on my oldest -- he's a high school junior. He made the top band at the University of Alabama High School Honor Band Festival. And for the third year in a row he made the District IV Honor Band (fourth chair this year), which is the honor band for the best high school musicians in Jefferson and Shelby counties; and he made the Allstate Honor Band, which is made up of the best high school musicians in the state. And he made the Shelby County Honor Band (second chair).

My #2 and #3 also made the Shelby County Honor Band.

BamaNation All-American PacadermaTideUs's Avatar

Took my son bowling for the first time today. Two games. The first was a 49. Pretty standard first-timer. Lot of gutter balls and really awkward approaches. But also a lot of instruction and rapid improvement. Second game was a 110. Three spares and two strikes. Wow. I need to quit taking this kid bowling before he's making me look even worse than I already am.

Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by PacadermaTideUs View Post
    Took my son bowling for the first time today. Two games. The first was a 49. Pretty standard first-timer. Lot of gutter balls and really awkward approaches. But also a lot of instruction and rapid improvement. Second game was a 110. Three spares and two strikes. Wow. I need to quit taking this kid bowling before he's making me look even worse than I already am.
    How old is he?

BamaNation All-American PacadermaTideUs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tide1986 View Post
    How old is he?
    Chronologically 14, but he's got a complicated background that I won't go into here. In many ways, he's very much younger.

Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by PacadermaTideUs View Post
    Chronologically 14, but he's got a complicated background that I won't go into here. In many ways, he's very much younger.
    I was in a junior league back in the day. Won most improved average, so your son's improvement is very cool to me.

Just a barner.

There goes Davis!

BamaNation All-American tidegrandpa's Avatar

My oldest, Masters in Communication from A&M, PHD candidate and professor of business communications at Texas A&M campus here in Corpus Christi. Great mom and wife too

Middle son, June 2003 to Jan 2005 Iraq,(longest 18 months my life) US Army, sells large equipment in Virginia and Wash DC area. Makes good living and we talk daily, loves Bama football.

Youngest daughter, Bachelors from UT Austin, 2 terrific younguns, grandson 1st chair french horn, grand daughter class prez.

One son in law head of revenue large resort ownership company with older legacy properties.
    Other son in law head of Corps of Engineers here in Corpus Christi.

I enjoy my kids and family.

Here is my oldest daughter calling out the slackers in her class early this semester for an online speech they were to deliver, she wasn't happy about their efforts as you can see

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d13NKSGiIhI

BamaNation Hall of Fame seebell's Avatar

LOL GrandPa. Get on 'em Lady Prof. What's wrong with making a professional presentation while lying in bed?

Sounds like your children are doing really well.

BTW AUDub, WTH is a necropost?

Quote Originally Posted by seebell View Post
    BTW AUDub, WTH is a necropost?
    Posting in/resurrecting a long dead thread. My post was the first this thread has seen in two years.

Wiktionary
    Last edited by AUDub; February 27th, 2017 at 02:43 PM.
    Just a barner.

There goes Davis!

BamaNation All-American bama_wayne1's Avatar

I have 3 sons. One 35, one 31 and one 18. I am of course proud of them all. The Oldest is a Purple Heart Veteran of the Iraq war. His unit took back the big power plant you probably saw on tv. They repelled from Blackhawks and fought their way in and took it back then fought their way back to the "safe" side of the river. He was later injured by a IED triggered by a trip wire on a night mission. He is doing well with 2 children and is currently a civilian contractor maintaining helicopters and an Elder in his church. The middle son also a veteran of the Iraq war but was much luckier as he was never injured. He and his wife have two daughters and attend church with us. The youngest is trying to learn to be an adult and balance girl chasing, work and school. Presently girl chasing seems to be winning handily.