Brag On Your Kid(s)

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
You have no idea how happy I am that it's soccer, a sport I can identify with and played/coached/reffed for around 2 decades, and not dance or something. All three of my older girls danced at one point or another. It was torture for a dude like me.
That would have been you in the commercial with the guy whose daughter goes to color guard competitions.

I have one son. He played baseball and wrestled. Nothing against band, but I’m glad I never had to go through any of that.

He now wrestles in college and won his match yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
That would have been you in the commercial with the guy whose daughter goes to color guard competitions.

I have one son. He played baseball and wrestled. Nothing against band, but I’m glad I never had to go through any of that.

He now wrestles in college and won his match yesterday.
I wasn't man enough to wrestle. Did it for two weeks in Junior High. Football had nothing on wrestling.

Bamafaninco1

All-SEC
May 14, 2011
Colorado Springs, CO via Cullman, Al
My son, who graduated with his PhD in chemistry back in June finally received a job offer and he accepted it. He will be working as a Post doc at the University of Tennessee beginning in Jan 2018. How can someone with a PhD in Chemistry not have any job offers till now?

Bodhisattva

Hall of Fame
Aug 22, 2001
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
Lily made the 7th grade basketball team, which is a nice accomplishment since she is in 6th grade. She and a couple of classmates decided they wanted to challenge themselves. A small achievement, but I'm very proud of her. :)

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
That’s my 10 year old, Mia. She was at a meet in Knoxville the same day UTK played USCe. Gymnastics is a gut wrenching sport for a parent to watch.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
My child received his letter of acceptance to the University of Alabama on Saturday. He then received his scholarship today. If he chooses to go to Alabama he will have his tuition paid for for the next four years. His mother and I are very proud of him.

Last edited:

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
My child received his letter of acceptance to the University of Alabama on Saturday. He then received his scholarship today. If he chooses to go to Alabam he will have his tuition paid for for the next four years. His mother and I are very proud of him.
Well that’s nothing short of a dream come true. Heartfelt congratulations.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bodhisattva

Hall of Fame
Aug 22, 2001
Lily got her test scores back to see how she stacks up against her 6th grade peers nationally. She is at the 94th percentile in math. In reading comprehension she is at the 97th percentile and reads at a 10th grade level. My wife and I are enjoying watching her grow up and look forward to seeing what career path she chooses. :)

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
The kid got accepted and will be attending WVU next year. I bought her a rocking chair to start her furniture burning. Y'know, train up to a couch. She got a few scholarships, but college is already fully paid for with a few benefits from my job. Curious? See your local recruiter lol

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
My son received his acceptance letter to Florida today. He has worked really hard to get in to these schools.
Congratulations to your son and his family, Con!

UA in November, UT in December, and UF in February.....so he's got some nice options there!

Wow - that's fantastic!

All the best going forward - please keep us posted!

Bodhisattva

Hall of Fame
Aug 22, 2001
Lily made the 7th grade basketball team, which is a nice accomplishment since she is in 6th grade. She and a couple of classmates decided they wanted to challenge themselves. A small achievement, but I'm very proud of her. :)
Just played game 6 tonight. Lily had 10 points, 17 rebounds, 8 steals, 2 blocks, and 1 turnover.

The rest of the team collectively had 0 points, 14 rebounds, and 26 turnovers in a 10-35 loss. They are 2-4; don't know how they've won two. Lily is having fun even though the team is a special kind of terrible.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
Just played game 6 tonight. Lily had 10 points, 17 rebounds, 8 steals, 2 blocks, and 1 turnover.

The rest of the team collectively had 0 points, 14 rebounds, and 26 turnovers in a 10-35 loss. They are 2-4; don't know how they've won two. Lily is having fun even though the team is a special kind of terrible.
Lily is a beast. I really like seeing the 17 rebounds. I hate they lost but she put up some good numbers.

Sent from my SM-T280 using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.