Brag On Your Kid(s) - Page 5
Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111215 ... LastLast
    BamaNation All-American alabama mike1's Avatar

Re: Brag On Your Kid(s)

Our youngest son is getting married on March 18th in Nashville. Our oldest son and his wife blessed us with our 2nd grandchild, Keira.

BamaNation All-American bama_wayne1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by alabama mike1 View Post
    Our youngest son is getting married on March 18th in Nashville. Our oldest son and his wife blessed us with our 2nd grandchild, Keira.
    Congrats!!

Sadie has come a long way. Coming to a close of her 3rd season, she's found her niche in goal, which was her daddy's position, and starts every game there now for the A team in the Academy. Her work between the sticks has won us several games. She's asked to move up to one of the 06 competitive teams to close the year. Real deal, try out to qualify stuff. She has one more year of academy, but we may move her on up to full competitive next year. She's ready.

Just a barner.

There goes Davis!

BamaNation All-American gtowntide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AUDub View Post
    Sadie has come a long way. Coming to a close of her 3rd season, she's found her niche in goal, which was her daddy's position, and starts every game there now for the A team in the Academy. Her work between the sticks has won us several games. She's asked to move up to one of the 06 competitive teams to close the year. Real deal, try out to qualify stuff. She has one more year of academy, but we may move her on up to full competitive next year. She's ready.

Congrats Dub I know you must be proud!

BamaNation Hall of Fame Bodhisattva's Avatar

A small thing .... Lily has really taken to being responsible. She makes sure the cat's food, water, and liter box needs are met. She does her laundry and does a lot of the dishes Now she insists on doing the grocery shopping. I just give her the list and some money. She is quite insistent that I wait outside while she takes care of business. I don't know any of her 11-year-old peers that do this. Now if I can just get her to pay for the groceries ...
    Bodhi

Lily (age 6): Daddy, I know what I want to be when I grow up: an artist.
    Bodhi (internally groaning): Yeah? What kind of artist?
    Lily: A balloon animal artist!
    Bodhi (face palm)

Quote Originally Posted by gtowntide View Post
    Congrats Dub I know you must be proud!
    You have no idea how happy I am that it's soccer, a sport I can identify with and played/coached/reffed for around 2 decades, and not dance or something. All three of my older girls danced at one point or another. It was torture for a dude like me.
    Just a barner.

There goes Davis!

You have no idea how happy I am that it's soccer, a sport I can identify with and played/coached/reffed for around 2 decades, and not dance or something. All three of my older girls danced at one point or another. It was torture for a dude like me.
    my daughter does dance. lucky for me, she is not remotely talented at it, so it should have a short shelf life
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

- George Orwell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they donít have to worry about the answers.

ó Thomas Pynchon

Was in Huntsville all day today for Sadie's competitive debut. The first game was an inauspicious start to her competitive career. A 5-0 loss. We got dominated. Turns out the team we played was Huntsville's A team, which shouldn't have been playing in the same division. They crushed our 06 A's 5-0 a few weeks ago. Sadie played fine, making several saves, but they were shooting with impunity. D couldn't stop them, and we got maybe 1 shot on frame all game, that off a free kick. Of all the shots she faced, and I counted 13, 1 got through that she could have saved, so a decent performance in a losing effort with kids 1-2 grades older than her.

Trophy case stuffing. Whatever.

Her second game was much better. A 2-1 win over BUSA. Only shot that got by was a beauty that no keeper her age could have gotten a hand on. A rising shot from 18 yards out. Sadie saved the game in the end. Up 2-1 in the second half, they got a breakaway. A 1 on 1 with the keeper. She charged and met the attacker at the top of the box, parrying the shot wide. Also caught a couple of head high 20+ yard rippers clean. 5 quality saves over the course of the game.

Proud of her. 1 more game tomorrow in the group against a Mississippi squad. Doubt we get through to the final with that Hunstville team in though, but we weren't expecting to finish above 3rd (this team has given up a ton of goals with their keeper issues) and 2nd in the group is attainable with BUSA out of the way.

Talked to the coach after the games. Keepers in the 06 age bracket have been an issue. Can't find one. Sadie will still be playing in the Academy with the rest of the 07s until next fall, but he's pleased with her work between the sticks and she'll be pulling double duty with his team. And I thought my schedule sucked now. Couldn't be happier though.

I took the SLR with me today, intending to get some good action shots. Unfortunately, my oldest daughter had made use of it and left the battery charging. Oh well. Will try again tomorrow.

In lieu of that, Sadie with her post game meal:

Just a barner.

There goes Davis!

BamaNation Hall of Fame Crimson1967's Avatar

That would have been you in the commercial with the guy whose daughter goes to color guard competitions.

I have one son. He played baseball and wrestled. Nothing against band, but Iím glad I never had to go through any of that.

He now wrestles in college and won his match yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson1967 View Post
    That would have been you in the commercial with the guy whose daughter goes to color guard competitions.

I have one son. He played baseball and wrestled. Nothing against band, but I’m glad I never had to go through any of that.

He now wrestles in college and won his match yesterday.
    I wasn't man enough to wrestle. Did it for two weeks in Junior High. Football had nothing on wrestling.
    Just a barner.

There goes Davis!

Dropped the game 2-1 but still finished 2nd in the group in goal dif. Sadie played well in a 2-1 loss. Two that got by were good shots.

Had the SLR:

Just a barner.

There goes Davis!

BamaNation All-SEC Bamafaninco1's Avatar

My son, who graduated with his PhD in chemistry back in June finally received a job offer and he accepted it. He will be working as a Post doc at the University of Tennessee beginning in Jan 2018. How can someone with a PhD in Chemistry not have any job offers till now?

Quote Originally Posted by Bamafaninco1 View Post
    My son, who graduated with his PhD in chemistry back in June finally received a job offer and he accepted it. He will be working as a Post doc at the University of Tennessee beginning in Jan 2018. How can someone with a PhD in Chemistry not have any job offers till now?
    That length of search doesn't strike me as that odd.

#justmillenialthings
    Just a barner.

There goes Davis!