Brag On Your Kid(s)

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
cool. is he doing the sprint tris or the longer distances (or both)?
His goal is to work up to the longer distances. We have to spend a little more money on a bike though because he loses too much time to the men who have the $5,000 bikes. He can smash them in the swim and in the run, but a nice bike will put a whole lot of time on a 17 year old with only a $750 bike.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
His goal is to work up to the longer distances. We have to spend a little more money on a bike though because he loses too much time to the men who have the $5,000 bikes. He can smash them in the swim and in the run, but a nice bike will put a whole lot of time on a 17 year old with only a $750 bike.
bikes have gotten ridiculous

you can do quite a lot with a sears bike ;)

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
bikes have gotten ridiculous

you can do quite a lot with a sears bike ;)

We wish. We kept waiting to see if he was going to hit a growth spurt before we bought him another one. He seems to have stopped growing, so I guess we will check into the Sears bikes. :)

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011
Re: Brag On You Kid(s)

We have four children ..... they all graduated from Bama! I am very proud of that.

CoachJeff

Suspended
Jan 21, 2014
Shelby County Alabama
My boy ran a 4:32 1600 meters last night in a track meet. It was a personal best for him, but now he is going to try to get under that time at the next meet. To move on past the sub-sectional meet he will need to be at a 4:25 or under probably.
That's a great time. What grade is he? What's he run for 800m and 3200m?

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
That's a great time. What grade is he? What's he run for 800m and 3200m?
He is a senior, but he injured his hip flexor as a freshman and fractured his hip when he was a sophomore. Last year he was a little apprehensive because he didn't want to get hurt again, but he did run his best 3200 with a 9:56. Last night they were running all the boy's events so he didn't have much time to rest between the 1600 and 3200 so he didn't get a good time but it was a 10:11. He hasn't had many opportunities to do the 800, but he has done a 2:08.

AlistarWills

All-American
Jul 26, 2006
My HS Jr got a 30 on his ACT the second time he took it and has not done a single bit of the prep stuff for it.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
Well, my boy came in 2nd last night at the sub-sectional track meet in the 1600 meters. He will be running again Saturday with the chance to go to the state championship if he places in the top 4. He should be seeded 3rd, but all of the guys he will be running against have great times, so he could place top 4 and go to state or dead last and still have personal best.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
My youngest just bought a restaurant in the Rhone Alps in France with her German husband and moved there. Not sure how I feel about that yet... :)

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
My youngest just bought a restaurant in the Rhone Alps in France with her German husband and moved there. Not sure how I feel about that yet... :)
My wife’s niece moved to France 4 years ago for a one year job that became permanent. She’s married a French man and they had a baby 6 month a ago. She’s coming home for the first time with her new family this weekend so we’re having a family reunion this Saturday appropriately enough at Paris Landing on Kentucky Lake.

Congratulations on your daughter’s success. Living in the French Alps must be incredible.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ledsteplin

Hall of Fame
Nov 20, 2013
Florence, Alabama
My daughter is a 4th grade teacher, and does an excellent job of it. According to her peers and students, she's one of the best.
My older son is the youth minister at the Killen Church of Christ. He's done great there.
My younger son does secret spy missions for Lyft. I'm not exactly sure what he does, but I know it involves the competition.
I'm proud of them all.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
My wife’s niece moved to France 4 years ago for a one year job that became permanent. She’s married a French man and they had a baby 6 month a ago. She’s coming home for the first time with her new family this weekend so we’re having a family reunion this Saturday appropriately enough at Paris Landing on Kentucky Lake.

Congratulations on your daughter’s success. Living in the French Alps must be incredible.

Their restaurant is in Pralognan la Vanoise, in the Vanoise national park. I put a link to it from Trip Advisor below, also the view from their house. They live in a little village named Chamberanger, population 17, including them. That's year-round. When they were buying the house and restaurant, the banker told them that the sale wouldn't have been possible, had Dominik not been German. There are so many Russians buying up French property using Americans as fronts, there's practically a banking embargo. Dominik is fluent in French as well as English and, of course, German. He spent his summers in France while in elementary and high school with a French family, so his French sounds native. Their village, tiny as it is, has a tiny bar. They were eating there a couple of days ago and, as they left, Dominik said "see you around" in French. Another customer, not a resident, having driven up from the valley, said something to the effect that he doubted it, since Dominik was just a tourist. The bar owner just said laconically "They bought Serge's house." That ended that. Dominik actually looks far more French or Italian than he does German...

TripAdvisor

Attachments

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
Their restaurant is in Pralognan la Vanoise, in the Vanoise national park. I put a link to it from Trip Advisor below, also the view from their house. They live in a little village named Chamberanger, population 17, including them. That's year-round. When they were buying the house and restaurant, the banker told them that the sale wouldn't have been possible, had Dominik not been German. There are so many Russians buying up French property using Americans as fronts, there's practically a banking embargo. Dominik is fluent in French as well as English and, of course, German. He spent his summers in France while in elementary and high school with a French family, so his French sounds native. Their village, tiny as it is, has a tiny bar. They were eating there a couple of days ago and, as they left, Dominik said "see you around" in French. Another customer, not a resident, having driven up from the valley, said something to the effect that he doubted it, since Dominik was just a tourist. The bar owner just said laconically "They bought Serge's house." That ended that. Dominik actually looks far more French or Italian than he does German...

TripAdvisor

Wow! That is truly awesome. I’ll take the mountains over the beach any day. I checked the area on the map and they are very close to Italy, Switzerland, Monaco, French Riviera and not too far from Germany, Austria, or Spain. We’re I you, I’d visit as often as I could afford. But then I’ve never been to Europe.

tide power fan

All-SEC
Nov 26, 2011
[]My granddaughter made all-state tennis as a 7th grader.

Just an update she finished in top 4 in the state lost to the winner of it, who is going to ole Miss on tennis Scholarship 6AQUOTE]

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Wow! That is truly awesome. I’ll take the mountains over the beach any day. I checked the area on the map and they are very close to Italy, Switzerland, Monaco, French Riviera and not too far from Germany, Austria, or Spain. We’re I you, I’d visit as often as I could afford. But then I’ve never been to Europe.

Actually, they went into Switzerland yesterday to return the rental van. Italy is only 4 kilometers away and there used to be a salt and necessities road or path over the Alps right there. If anything's there now, it's just a trail which crosses a glacier. Despite the small distance by air, it takes them about 3 hours to reach Turin, because they have to descend to the valley and travel south where a road crosses a pass at the border.

They bought a vintage Land Cruiser because they intend to haul a lot of their own restaurant supplies, particularly heavy stuff like wine. Here it is:

Attachments

SavannahDare

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Gulf Breeze, Florida
My older daughter will graduate high school in two weeks. She'll be in the Kugelman Honors Program at Univ. of West Florida in the Fall. International Studies with emphasis in Asian culture (heavy on the Japanese). Hoping to eventually live and work in that part of the world, perhaps via our State Department. She has earned all A's this year, which was a goal she set for herself and helped propel her to a scholarship from UWF, the Honors Program invitation, and her Florida Bright Futures scholarship. She's a very shy, anxious, unconfident young woman and we're hoping these things will show her just how capable and competent she truly is as she transitions into adulthood. Raising these girls is hard, y'all. Not from a behavioral perspective, but from the emotional, character-building, perspective. Our younger girl is very opposite from her sister and presents her own challenges and joys in childrearing, but this older one is the one I have always lost sleep over. Fingers crossed and deep breathing she holds her own.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.