Brag On Your Kid(s)

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Re: Brag On You Kid(s)

My 8 yr old is being evaluated for advanced placement classes. He had to take an IQ test a while back as part of the evaluation. It came back today and he has a composite score of 137. He got it from his mama. My IQ is roughly 117. LOL! I'm the knuckle dragger of the family. ;)
Some studies indicate that intelligence always comes from the mother...

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa

Earle, in my case THANK GOD! My wife's side of the family has doctors (including surgeons), electrical engineers, college professors, and are very cultured people.

My side on the other hand....well...."ROW TIDE!!!". ;)
Sounds like your family and my family would get along great. When I was in high school, I went for a college visitation and my uncle (dad’s brother) went with me because my parents had to work. After hearing hours of the college trying to convince me to attend the school, my uncle says to me “hell, I had no idea we had anybody in this family with any smarts.” This was of course after they got out of ear shot. My niece is much smarter than me. My oldest nephew is book-smart, but has his parents common sense (or lack thereof.)

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football

Sounds like your family and my family would get along great. When I was in high school, I went for a college visitation and my uncle (dad’s brother) went with me because my parents had to work. After hearing hours of the college trying to convince me to attend the school, my uncle says to me “hell, I had no idea we had anybody in this family with any smarts.” This was of course after they got out of ear shot. My niece is much smarter than me. My oldest nephew is book-smart, but has his parents common sense (or lack thereof.)
Yeah, when I was dating my now wife, after about five to six months of dating my now mother in law told my wife "You can do so much better" (with me in ear shot distance). I agreed with her. I still do. :)

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

Earle, in my case THANK GOD! My wife's side of the family has doctors (including surgeons), electrical engineers, college professors, and are very cultured people.

My side on the other hand....well...."ROW TIDE!!!". ;)
OTOH, my son is my intellectual clone, able to keep 100 mental balls in the air at once. By the quirks and whims of fate, I didn't really get to know him until he was 22 and an army officer, so not much room for "nurture." His mother is of barely average intellect and has spent most of her life institutionalized for schizophrenia...

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

Sadie had a tournament in Memphis this weekend. Ran roughshod through the group and won the final 3-1. Needed this one. Been a rough season.

Always nice when the coach throws his keeper, my daughter, a bone in the final of a tournament lol. We earned a penalty with 10 to go and he sent her up to take it .

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
Followup--She did get a 30 on the ACT! Now, as she has put it, "the name of the game is getting the degree without going into debt." She's been accepted to Bama already, and has been offered a Presidential scholarship. Haven't heard from Auburn, as they don't send out acceptance letters until October or so. Cate wondered why; I explained that it took them that long to figure out how to load up the printer with fresh crayons.
That is great. The Presidential Scholarship will really take a load off of you.

FitToBeTide

All-American
Aug 19, 2001
St. Florian
What a great thread idea. I enjoy bragging on our kids, a son and 2 daughters. Son graduated from U. of No. AL. after a stint with the 82nd Airborne. Recruited by IBM right out of college and has been with them for several years and has moved up to become a Sr Corporate ITT Security Analyst. Has 2 daughters.

Oldest daughter graduated from U. of No. AL also and is an elementary teacher here in Florence (teacher of the year this year). Youngest daughter graduated from Sacred Heart Un. in Connecticut, a teacher also, living there with her attorney husband. They have 2 kids, our grandson and granddaughter. If you've ever seen the "geography whiz kid" on Ellen DeGeneres' show, that's my grandson Nate. He's become quite a celebrity, thankfully not affected by it all yet. Our other 3 grands are here in town close by.

Needless to say I'm proud of all those branches to our tree! God has blessed us so much.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
My son did great his first semester at Alabama and now thanks to all of his A.P. classes he took in high school he is officially a junior starting in January.

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013

I now officially have 2 soccer players. Jillian made her debut for the 2009 Academy team yesterday. Played the entire game, a 5-1 win over Briarwood.

Sadie’s first game was today in Montgomery. Thrashed Capital City 3-0, a team that managed to somehow beat Vestavia. Go figure. Not much asked of her in goal, but she did make 1 or 2 saves. Funniest thing was her punts. She’s gotten better, but with the wind assist, the opposing keeper was fielding her punts lol. That’s new.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere

I now officially have 2 soccer players. Jillian made her debut for the 2009 Academy team yesterday. Played the entire game, a 5-1 win over Briarwood.

Sadie’s first game was today in Montgomery. Thrashed Capital City 3-0, a team that managed to somehow beat Vestavia. Go figure. Not much asked of her in goal, but she did make 1 or 2 saves. Funniest thing was her punts. She’s gotten better, but with the wind assist, the opposing keeper was fielding her punts lol. That’s new.
That is good her team beating Briarwood AUDub. Unless things have changed since I lived up there Briarwood was always good in soccer.

You put in your miles this weekend with soccer.

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
That is good her team beating Briarwood AUDub. Unless things have changed since I lived up there Briarwood was always good in soccer.

You put in your miles this weekend with soccer.
Briarwood is still good. Sadie got a concussion against them in a friendly last fall on a breakaway. Kept playing. We didn't even know. Lost that one 2-1. Their 07 competitive split with Sadie's team last fall, though we got them in the one that mattered, a tournament semi. Ended up scoring two in the last few minutes to beat them 3-2 lol. Sadie was flying all over the goal in that one.

Last edited:

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
Briarwood is still good. Sadie got a concussion against them in a friendly last fall on a breakaway. Kept playing. We didn't even know. Lost that one 2-1. Their 07 competitive split with Sadie's team last fall, though we got them in the one that mattered, a tournament semi. Ended up scoring two in the last few minutes to beat them 3-2 lol. Sadie was flying all over the goal in that one.

Good action shots. Maybe she will get her college paid for one day.

I hope your 13 yr. old likes to run then. I think the middle school distance is only 2 miles, but it is hot in the fall.

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Good action shots. Maybe she will get her college paid for one day.

I hope your 13 yr. old likes to run then. I think the middle school distance is only 2 miles, but it is hot in the fall.
Sadie is literally ODP good. Doesn't want to do ODP right now, but she's twice the keeper I was at her age, and I'm a dude.

13 year old doesn't like much of anything involving physical activity, but you never know when she might find something she enjoys. I never really realized I was good at running until football in high school, when I somehow ran a sub 5:00 mile in spring workouts. Maybe she'll enjoy it. Never know.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.