Brag On Your Kid(s) - Page 9
Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Re: Brag On Your Kid(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Con View Post
    My boy ran a 4:32 1600 meters last night in a track meet. It was a personal best for him, but now he is going to try to get under that time at the next meet. To move on past the sub-sectional meet he will need to be at a 4:25 or under probably.
    That's a great time. What grade is he? What's he run for 800m and 3200m?
    ----
    B.A. from The University of Alabama (during the Fran/Shula years) so don't question my fandom.

Quote Originally Posted by CoachJeff View Post
    That's a great time. What grade is he? What's he run for 800m and 3200m?
    He is a senior, but he injured his hip flexor as a freshman and fractured his hip when he was a sophomore. Last year he was a little apprehensive because he didn't want to get hurt again, but he did run his best 3200 with a 9:56. Last night they were running all the boy's events so he didn't have much time to rest between the 1600 and 3200 so he didn't get a good time but it was a 10:11. He hasn't had many opportunities to do the 800, but he has done a 2:08.

Good to hear of your son's success, Con! All the best to him and his family going forward.

Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

Erstwhile youngest has had a big weekend. First a piano recital Friday.

Then her first Communion this morning.

Just a barner.

There goes Davis!

BamaNation All-SEC tide power fan's Avatar

My granddaughter made all-state tennis as a 7th grader.

BamaNation All-American AlistarWills's Avatar

My HS Jr got a 30 on his ACT the second time he took it and has not done a single bit of the prep stuff for it.

Well, my boy came in 2nd last night at the sub-sectional track meet in the 1600 meters. He will be running again Saturday with the chance to go to the state championship if he places in the top 4. He should be seeded 3rd, but all of the guys he will be running against have great times, so he could place top 4 and go to state or dead last and still have personal best.

My youngest just bought a restaurant in the Rhone Alps in France with her German husband and moved there. Not sure how I feel about that yet...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

“I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is.” Albert Camus

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

BamaNation Hall of Fame Go Bama's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    My youngest just bought a restaurant in the Rhone Alps in France with her German husband and moved there. Not sure how I feel about that yet...
    My wife’s niece moved to France 4 years ago for a one year job that became permanent. She’s married a French man and they had a baby 6 month a ago. She’s coming home for the first time with her new family this weekend so we’re having a family reunion this Saturday appropriately enough at Paris Landing on Kentucky Lake.

Congratulations on your daughter’s success. Living in the French Alps must be incredible.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My daughter is a 4th grade teacher, and does an excellent job of it. According to her peers and students, she's one of the best.
    My older son is the youth minister at the Killen Church of Christ. He's done great there.
    My younger son does secret spy missions for Lyft. I'm not exactly sure what he does, but I know it involves the competition.
    I'm proud of them all.

Quote Originally Posted by Go Bama View Post
    My wife’s niece moved to France 4 years ago for a one year job that became permanent. She’s married a French man and they had a baby 6 month a ago. She’s coming home for the first time with her new family this weekend so we’re having a family reunion this Saturday appropriately enough at Paris Landing on Kentucky Lake.

Congratulations on your daughter’s success. Living in the French Alps must be incredible.

Their restaurant is in Pralognan la Vanoise, in the Vanoise national park. I put a link to it from Trip Advisor below, also the view from their house. They live in a little village named Chamberanger, population 17, including them. That's year-round. When they were buying the house and restaurant, the banker told them that the sale wouldn't have been possible, had Dominik not been German. There are so many Russians buying up French property using Americans as fronts, there's practically a banking embargo. Dominik is fluent in French as well as English and, of course, German. He spent his summers in France while in elementary and high school with a French family, so his French sounds native. Their village, tiny as it is, has a tiny bar. They were eating there a couple of days ago and, as they left, Dominik said "see you around" in French. Another customer, not a resident, having driven up from the valley, said something to the effect that he doubted it, since Dominik was just a tourist. The bar owner just said laconically "They bought Serge's house." That ended that. Dominik actually looks far more French or Italian than he does German...

TripAdvisor

Attached Images Attached Images   
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

“I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is.” Albert Camus

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

BamaNation Hall of Fame Go Bama's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    Their restaurant is in Pralognan la Vanoise, in the Vanoise national park. I put a link to it from Trip Advisor below, also the view from their house. They live in a little village named Chamberanger, population 17, including them. That's year-round. When they were buying the house and restaurant, the banker told them that the sale wouldn't have been possible, had Dominik not been German. There are so many Russians buying up French property using Americans as fronts, there's practically a banking embargo. Dominik is fluent in French as well as English and, of course, German. He spent his summers in France while in elementary and high school with a French family, so his French sounds native. Their village, tiny as it is, has a tiny bar. They were eating there a couple of days ago and, as they left, Dominik said "see you around" in French. Another customer, not a resident, having driven up from the valley, said something to the effect that he doubted it, since Dominik was just a tourist. The bar owner just said laconically "They bought Serge's house." That ended that. Dominik actually looks far more French or Italian than he does German...

TripAdvisor

Wow! That is truly awesome. I’ll take the mountains over the beach any day. I checked the area on the map and they are very close to Italy, Switzerland, Monaco, French Riviera and not too far from Germany, Austria, or Spain. We’re I you, I’d visit as often as I could afford. But then I’ve never been to Europe.

BamaNation All-SEC tide power fan's Avatar

I spent one Christmas in Monaco, I loved that part of the world.