Brag On Your Kid(s)

alabama mike1

All-American
Jul 12, 2013
Ohio
We always hear a lot of negative things about today's kids but here is your chance to brag just a little on you kids. They may be infants, toddlers, grade school, high school, college or adult but they are YOUR KIDS. Lets hear something about them.

I'll start with my two young men, T. and D. Both are college graduates, hold down jobs and are very involved in their local church (one in Ohio the other in Tennesses) The oldest and his wife will make me and Mrs Bama Mike grandparents for the first time in March. So far, they have not caused us any problems. In a word, we are blessed.

Last edited:

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
Re: Brag On You Kid(s)

My senior son has a few offers to play college baseball and was mentioned in a write up about being a leader on his baseball team this season. He was second team all-district last year splitting time with another catcher and he was invited to a tryout hosted by the Texas Rangers last summer. We have two other sons as well. My middle son wrestles and plays linebacker on his freshman team. Awesome kid, who does everything in the world you ask him, except to stop wailing on his little brother. LOL! The youngest, is a charmer. 6th grade, works his mom, because he can...another baseball player who went yard 4 times last year and let his big brother know that he didn't hit his first home run until his 12u season and E hit 4 in 11u. Nothing like a little competition in the house.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama

I'm a proud Daddy of two beautiful young Ladies that are both still in high school..They both get good grades, never get into trouble, and work to keep gas in their cars & to have spending money, so it doesn't put a strain on me being on disability..I'm as proud & as grateful of a Dad as humanly possible..

• Roll Tide!
Reactions: The Ols

Gr8hope

All-American
Nov 10, 2010

Our son is in software design and he and his wife are expecting a baby girl in February. They live in Auburn. Our daughter is in her third year of OB residency. She and her husband are the parents of two little boys (18 months and 2 and 1/2). Their spouses are wonderful people and we are proud to claim them as ours now too. God was good to us when he handed out children in the 80's.

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham

Little Catfish is in kindergarden and is reading at a fourth grade level. I remember the good old days when we could spell things we didn't want him to know. Two of his classmates are hispanic and I swear he's learned half of the Spanish language since he started Pre-K last year. Best of all, he's got a huge heart. If someone is being picked on, he confronts the bully. He's almost a full head taller than anybody else in his class, so he generally can put a stop to stuff like that. One of the hispanic kids was recently adopted from Guatemala (I think, maybe the DR) and speaks almost no English. Most of the kids kind of ignore him since it's so hard to communicate with him, but LC has taken him under his wing "so he doesn't feel lonely". I'm a proud papa.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama

My kind of topic. :)

My oldest boy is in First Grade and he loves school. He is very smart and does well in school. We have never had problems with his schoolwork and he always gets good grades.

Our youngest is almost 3. He is such a sweetheart, but can be a stinker at times. Lol. He has a huge vocabulary for his age and is very independent. He is also very athletic and is so excited to start Tball in the spring. :)

Last edited:

tidefanbeezer

All-American
Sep 25, 2006
Atlanta, GA

My oldest is in kindergarten and has done extremely well in school. She reads above her grade level, excels in math and science and is an excellent singer (which she got from her mom, most assuredly).

My youngest is 2 and has already learned to color in the lines (mostly). She's also pretty good at using the toilet!

They make me a proud papa every day.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La

A houseful of Girls..... Our oldest is a Junior in College -- going to complete her final year in France (Mama's not happy)
Two in 10th Grade, One in 8th Grade -- all Honor Roll kids -- great job with Grades...
One of the 10th Graders and the 8th Grader are in their 10th year of Dance.....
The other 10th Grader plays Guitar, Piano, and her Mother's nerves.....
All three are in Competition Speech/Forensics -- and after 5 tournaments have brought home a combined 23 trophies......qualifying for state in 10 total events....so far.....
The 8th Grader has won 5 trophies -- but she's competing against high school kids (9th-12th grade -- first year our school has allowed the 8th graders to compete)

Proudest moment this year? At a Speech Tournament 3 weeks ago -- in Prose/Poetry (one of the events) -- they swept 1st, 2nd and 3rd place out of the 48 competing....

The 8th Grader won first place. Her sisters (who won 2nd and 3rd) were waiting for her at the edge of the stage with the biggest hug ever, and the audience chanting "SISTERS!!"

Very cool!

12 year old son- A student, first chair trumpet, very well behaved.

11 year old son- A student, plays basketball, very well behaved

5 year old son - Kindergartener, learns faster than anyone, mini me, extremely well behaved

3 year old daughter - baddest of the bunch, still well behaved and spoiled rotten. Just can't help myself with her.

All in all, proud of them and their growth as humans. Like they have a choice in the matter. ;)

Sent from my iPhone

AlistarWills

All-American
Jul 26, 2006

Two boys, 10 and 12! Both are incredibly smart. The youngest has a bit more common sense. Neither has ever made a B on a report card till this year when my oldest, in 7th grade, missed it by a couple tenths of a point. Both genuinely like helping people. Oldest LOVES to read and loves animals. Both are in to sports, oldest is a lefty and plays baseball. Pitches and plays first. Has a great eye for balls and strikes. Led the team in every major hitting category last year. Youngest can do anything he puts his mind to. Plays Short Stop, QB and is a post player in basketball. Once went 6 of 7 in a baseball game, hit every ball to the same place, right over the top of 2nd base. The one out, the pitcher threw his hand up and found a prize no one thought he was going to catch. Youngest is a comedian. Last night he's walking around in a t-shirt and sweats. Walks up and acts like he's going to drop his pants and says "You want to see myyyy....WENUS?" Throwing up his elbows where you can see them. (your wenus is the skin on your elbows for those who don't know)

tftplisa

1st Team
Jul 11, 2003
North Ridgeville, Ohio, USA

One beautiful daughter. We quit with one because she's perfect. She's a sophomore at Alabama and we proudly tell people all the time. She is good in drama and can sing like an angel. She's sung at churches, my grandmother and father's funeral. She's sung the anthem at 2 different Cleveland Indians games. She knows a lot about football, is a great writer, and is a very kind person. She has my love of football and music and her mother's heart for kindness.

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL

12 year old son- A student, first chair trumpet, very well behaved.
My oldest (13) is first chair trombone. He's survived 4 challenges thus far this school year. He was selected for UAB Honor Band and placed third chair in the top honor band last week (out of 32 total trombones who tried out). It's great when good things happen for your children because it helps to reinforce the good habits that got 'em there.

My oldest (13) is first chair trombone. He's survived 4 challenges thus far this school year. He was selected for UAB Honor Band and placed third chair in the top honor band last week (out of 32 total trombones who tried out). It's great when good things happen for your children because it helps to reinforce the good habits that got 'em there.
That's good stuff man. I didn't know UAB did something like that. My daughter plays in concert and symphonic band and still runs circles around the older kids. I'm not surprised though.

I love when kids take a liking after parents. I'm not sure you were in band in school, but I went against the grain in my high school and stuck with it and got me a scholarship out of it.

My son who's in fifth is thinking of taking up drums. My wife won't get any rest if he does that!

Sent from my iPhone

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham

My son who's in fifth is thinking of taking up drums. My wife won't get any rest if he does that!
We got Little Catfish a really nice small set from a friend's son who was upgrading. We figured he'd love it and he was really excited about getting it. He lost interest after about a week, though.

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL

That's good stuff man. I didn't know UAB did something like that. My daughter plays in concert and symphonic band and still runs circles around the older kids. I'm not surprised though.

I love when kids take a liking after parents. I'm not sure you were in band in school, but I went against the grain in my high school and stuck with it and got me a scholarship out of it.

Sent from my iPhone
I was a trombone player myself. Million Dollar Band 1986-1989. Section Leader (1989). Good times for sure.

My younger son (12 in less than 2 weeks) has taken up band in middle school as well. He's 4th chair out of 21 trumpets in the beginner band. He's his own guy so he went against the trombone grain, which is fine by me.

I was a trombone player myself. Million Dollar Band 1986-1989. Section Leader (1989). Good times for sure.

My younger son (12 in less than 2 weeks) has taken up band in middle school as well. He's 4th chair out of 21 trumpets in the beginner band. He's his own guy so he went against the trombone grain, which is fine by me.
I wish I had gone to Alabama. Had a chance but declined because of money. Auburn wanted me but I was never going. Winded up at Alabama State an even worse decision.

Trumpet was my first decision and winded up in low brass on tuba/sousaphone. Then in high school, took up drums and took off from there.

Sent from my iPhone

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX

I wish I had gone to Alabama. Had a chance but declined because of money. Auburn wanted me but I was never going. Winded up at Alabama State an even worse decision.

Trumpet was my first decision and winded up in low brass on tuba/sousaphone. Then in high school, took up drums and took off from there.

Sent from my iPhone
Like you, I had a chance to go to Bama as well, but instead I stayed home and went to South Alabama. I eventually met my wife there, so no regrets. I have a great family and in the end, that's all that matters.

Reactions: The Ols

Like you, I had a chance to go to Bama as well, but instead I stayed home and went to South Alabama. I eventually met my wife there, so no regrets. I have a great family and in the end, that's all that matters.
Yep, I was excited when I got the acceptance letter, but knew there was a small window for my chance to go. Well, somehow I winded up in Pensacola.

Sent from my iPhone

Bamafaninco1

All-SEC
May 14, 2011
Colorado Springs, CO via Cullman, Al

I have 3 sons, all college graduates:
32 year old is a PhD student at UNO, 28 year old does medical billing and coding, and the 24 year old is a PhD student at Cornell in chemistry. None were ever arrested, suspended or as far as I know did anything against the law other than the driving to fast thing.

Reactions: BamaNation

bama_wayne1

All-American
Jun 15, 2007

I have three sons. #1 son served in Iraq and is now a civilian crew chief for an Air Force Helicopter test pilot. #2 son served in Iraq and is a driller of the coast of Malaysia. Both have two children each and wonderful wives. #3 is a sophomore in high school (there is a 13 year gap) and he is in a gifted program. He is very talented in math. I am proud of the lot of them.

Reactions: BamaNation

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.