Brag On Your Kid(s)

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
Please don't shoot me because this is bragging on my grandson. He's Nate Seltzer, the geography whiz that appears on the Ellen Show every couple of months. Pretty neat little kid. If you're not familiar with him, take a look at one of his youtubed episodes: https://youtu.be/LX3UPJ6qW9A
Your grandson hilarious!!! ​No wonder you are proud. I hope you got some of those cheese balls.

gman4tide

All-SEC
Nov 21, 2005
Flint Creek
Humble brag...my rising high school senior got his first baseball scholarship offer over the weekend. It was to Eeww T (martin) :biggrin: but an offer nonetheless. Dunno if he'll go though. He's got a pretty good head on his shoulders and has really talked about doing a juco industrial maintenance degree. His quote..."I'd rather go do that where someone will pay 100% and hire me straight outta school at $70k...as to owe $70k and not be able to find a job (after 4 years)". So we'll see...

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
Humble brag...my rising high school senior got his first baseball scholarship offer over the weekend. It was to Eeww T (martin) :biggrin: but an offer nonetheless. Dunno if he'll go though. He's got a pretty good head on his shoulders and has really talked about doing a juco industrial maintenance degree. His quote..."I'd rather go do that where someone will pay 100% and hire me straight outta school at $70k...as to owe $70k and not be able to find a job (after 4 years)". So we'll see...
UT Martin has a good engineering program. It’s about 30 miles north of where I’m sitting. The town of Martin is about 10,000. I don’t know anything about their baseball program but a scholarship is a scholarship.

gman4tide

All-SEC
Nov 21, 2005
Flint Creek
UT Martin has a good engineering program. It’s about 30 miles north of where I’m sitting. The town of Martin is about 10,000. I don’t know anything about their baseball program but a scholarship is a scholarship.
He went on an unofficial visit back in jan/feb. I loved the town and campus. He's 45min from big deer in ky/illinois and 45min from some good duck hunting...he really liked that aspect! Coach was working on his bow/arrows when we went in office to talk. :biggrin: New coaches in 2nd year with 2 of them being former barners (hunter morris from huntsville being the one that offered). We know Hunter and he's a great guy (even for a barner). Like i said, we'll see.

Tug Tide

All-American
Aug 27, 2006
Redneck Riviera, Panama City Beach, FL
Congrats on the first offer. Mine is a rising sophomore and having a great summer playing with a pretty well run travel organization. In fact we were in Tuscaloosa a couple weeks ago. It’s pretty neat seeing him playing at the Joe

Here he is taking BP at the indoor facility.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gman4tide

All-SEC
Nov 21, 2005
Flint Creek
Congrats on the first offer. Mine is a rising sophomore and having a great summer playing with a pretty well run travel organization. In fact we were in Tuscaloosa a couple weeks ago. It’s pretty neat seeing him playing at the Joe

Here he is taking BP at the indoor facility.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aint it cool though! Both mine got to pitch at the joe over the years. We’ll be back down there 7/18-21 for another showcase. Maybe we’ll bump into one another.

Tug Tide

All-American
Aug 27, 2006
Redneck Riviera, Panama City Beach, FL
Aint it cool though! Both mine got to pitch at the joe over the years. We’ll be back down there 7/18-21 for another showcase. Maybe we’ll bump into one another.
Yes it is cool!!
We will be trekking all over ATL 7/12-19 for the 15U WWBA, then home for a break. He’s been invited to the Marucci World Series in Red Stick later in July. It’s already been a long summer, so we’re on the fence for that one. Would be cool to add Alex Box to the list.

Good Luck to your son!
What team is he playing with?
Mine is with East Coast Sox

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
My son and Dr. Parcak of UAB, the satellite archaeologist:

View attachment 3937
Can't see it in the post and when I click on the image link I get this message. Am I still in the dog house?

Bazza, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
My 7th grade daughter earned state recognition for her ACT score as part of the the Duke TIP program. We are expecting her to earn a top scholly to Bama in 5 years so we don’t have to pay out of state tuition! No pressure :D

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
Can't see it in the post and when I click on the image link I get this message. Am I still in the dog house?

Bazza, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
I will check to see what’s going on here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.