Brag On Your Kid(s)

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Well, mine started kindergarten today. Not sure if that is something to brag about or not..

Vinny

Hall of Fame
Sep 27, 2001
Rockaway, NJ
My little guy managed to get on the field today at Rutgers. We had a dental appointment earlier, his dentist is on the way back from Piscataway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
My 7th grade daughter earned state recognition for her ACT score as part of the the Duke TIP program. We are expecting her to earn a top scholly to Bama in 5 years so we don’t have to pay out of state tuition! No pressure :D

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
The Duke Tip program is very good at helping the kids get used to taking the ACT. She will be glad she took it when she takes it again and since she did so well on it, her confidence will high and she should really see gains because of the higher level classes she gets under her belt in the years to come.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
My niece, a USF marine biology grad, has accepted a full time Park Ranger and Aquarist position at Guana Tolomato Matanzas National Estuarine Research Reserve (Ponte Vedra Beach, FL) !

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
My niece, a USF marine biology grad, has accepted a full time Park Ranger and Aquarist position at Guana Tolomato Matanzas National Estuarine Research Reserve (Ponte Vedra Beach, FL) !

That sounds like a very cool job, although after watching shark week I don't think I would want to go scuba diving.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
It's still too damned early, IMO...
It sure is. First week went really well though. Surprised that they serve free breakfast and lunch in HSV city schools now. Our kid was double eating breakfast (at home and school) until we figured out they were serving it in the classroom each morning lol

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
It sure is. First week went really well though. Surprised that they serve free breakfast and lunch in HSV city schools now. Our kid was double eating breakfast (at home and school) until we figured out they were serving it in the classroom each morning lol
He was working the system. The breakfast at school must be pretty good.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
My kids have just started 3rd and 7th grade! They started school last week in a new school system. I am proud of how well they have taken this. I know it is hard to switch schools. My 12 year old has taken it like a champ. I was scared that he would have a hard time, but he is loving the new school.

Bodhisattva

Hall of Fame
Aug 22, 2001
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
This is not a brag - more like an amusement. Lily started 8th grade last week, and camps for the various fall/winter sports just started. Because we moved here after school had started last October, Lily missed out on a lot of sports opportunities during 7th grade. Well, she is coming back with a vengeance. After school today she went to two hours of volleyball training, then 90 minutes of swim camp, and finally an hour of basketball camp. I told her she doesn't have to do everything at one time, but she insists on going for it. As long as it doesn't devolve into a "hold my beer" episode, I guess it's ok.

Last edited:

Ledsteplin

Hall of Fame
Nov 20, 2013
Florence, Alabama
My daughter just started a new position teaching 3rd grade at Rogers in Greenhill, AL. She had taught 4th grade for 10 years in Tuscumbia. This move puts her closer to her home in Killen. She's also coaching XC. She loves to run. She's really popular with the kids and parents.

Bodhisattva

Hall of Fame
Aug 22, 2001
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
The first quarter of 8th grade ended last Friday and grades were just finalized. Lily got As in all seven classes. Best of all, her honors Algebra grade counts for high school. I'm so glad she got my smarts and didn't inherit my wife's dummy genes.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
The first quarter of 8th grade ended last Friday and grades were just finalized. Lily got As in all seven classes. Best of all, her honors Algebra grade counts for high school. I'm so glad she got my smarts and didn't inherit my wife's dummy genes.
That is fantastic, Bodhi! <huge round of applause> :p

Math was the only subject I CLEPed when I went to college. 9 credits!

I really do not even like math. :rolleye2:

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
That is fantastic, Bodhi! <huge round of applause> :p

Math was the only subject I CLEPed when I went to college. 9 credits!

I really do not even like math. :rolleye2:
I was never fond of math, either. Nevertheless, when I took the UA entrance exams, I scored highly enough both in English and math that I got skipped over both English Composition and college algebra, both normally required for freshmen. Instead of comp, they placed me in American Lit. I had an eccentric professor who instead had us study the Odyssey and Iliad. Go figure. In math, they placed me in numbers theory - functions and limits. All in all, it was a pretty wasted summer. Except, I guess I learned some interesting things in functions and limits, not that they're that much use to a lawyer...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.