Brag On Your Kid(s)

alabama mike1

All-American
Jul 12, 2013
Ohio
Update since this thread first appeared. Oldest son T. and his wife have given us two wonderful GRAND kids, 5 AND 2. He works as a high school History teacher and is a soccer official. His wife is working at another high school teaching foreign language.

Son number 2, D. and is wife still live in middle Tennessee. He works in home inspections and she is is a 1st grade teacher. They are expecting their first child in June.

Proud husband, dad and papa!

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
One of my nephews.......

Ray Treadwell, formerly an Orlando-based Shutts & Bowen senior attorney, accepted an offer to become Secretary Halsey Beshears‘ general counsel at the Department of Business and Professional Regulation.
He started Monday. “Ray has litigated a wide range of complex commercial cases, including contract and insurance disputes, statutory and constitutional challenges, and employment disputes,” said Shutts partner Ben Gibson, who was a Deputy General Counsel to former Gov. Rick Scott. Before Shutts, Treadwell had a stint at Holland & Knight in Jacksonville, where Gov. Ron DeSantis once also worked. He also clerked for U.S. District Judge Marcia Morales Howard in Jacksonville. He graduated from the University of Florida in 2004 with honors and from Yale Law School in 2011 where he was a Senior Editor of the Yale Journal on Regulation. Before law school, he worked in Washington for former Congressman Dave Weldon as a legislative correspondent. “I’ve known Ray for almost 20 years, was at his wedding, and he is one of the smartest lawyers I know,” Gibson said. “Having worked with DBPR when I was in the Governor’s legal office, I know he is going to do a fabulous job for the Secretary and for the Governor.” Treadwell and wife Sheri are relocating to Tallahassee with their two young daughters.

Bodhisattva

Hall of Fame
Aug 22, 2001
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
Lily has pulled off a nice trifecta in the last week. Five of her seven classes are advanced, and for the semester ending Friday she achieved six As and a B. She also heard back from a couple of summer camps she applied to earlier in the year. She had to get nominated by her school, write essays, and interview with the respective committees. She got accepted to a week-long STEM camp and a two-week long Marine Science camp this summer. Bravo, Lily! :)

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
Poor Sadie yesterday lost a heartbreaker. Her team was playing up in a Hoover tournament. 07s playing in an 06 bracket. Ran roughshod through the group and semis, with her not giving up a goal all tournament. Final comes, we’re the better team. We had 9 shots to their one, which Sadie saved easily, but we tired out and they started stalling, opting for PKs. We lost in PKs, unfortunately. She’s pretty heartbroken. Went through the whole tournament without giving up a single goal and still end up on the losing end.

In trying to cheer her up, I’ve pulled up her stats from the state league. We’ve played 6 games and are currently tied atop the standings with Vestavia, the number 1 team in the state and a top 60 program nationally.

Vestavia’s, who has given up 5. Then Briarwood’s, who has given up 9. The rest have all allowed 15+. She’s given up 3 goals in league play, all to Vestavia, the most dangerous offense in the state. We came out of those games with a narrow 2-1 loss and a 1-1 draw. That’s an accomplishment in and of itself as Vestavia doesn’t generally beat people so much as they run them off the field.

Her team is third in the state and top 150 nationally among 07s. She’s better than either keeper from the teams ahead of us. Kind of odd for the odds-on favorite for the best 07 keeper in state to have confidence issues, but losses like yesterday do tend to shake you.

On a more positive note, Jillian is starting to figure this soccer thing out. Still has a long way to go, but she played in the same tournament in the U10 bracket, where they had a respectable 2 wins to 1 loss. The kicker, though, it that one of those wins was a thrashing of BUSA 09, and somehow when I woke up this morning and checked USA Rank, they’ve climbed to 3rd in the state and into the top 200 nationally among 09s after being unranked going in to the weekend. Go figure.

She’s getting a lot of PT considering how green she is, but she’s getting close. Another year and a half will work wonders at this rate before competitive tryouts loom.

AlistarWills

All-American
Jul 26, 2006
My 15 year old 10th grader was tapped for Sr Beta Club today. Joining his Senior brother (for a couple months) who has been in since he was eligible as well.

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Running roughshod through a group again. Already through to the final with one group game to play, the only thing it will determine for them is jersey color in the final. Dominated the opposing teams so much that she got to play in the field today. Got pulled down in the box late in the second game, and her coach let her shoot the penalty. Notice that she doesn’t celebrate. #keepersorority.

That poor girl was incredible. We’d have score 20 if not for her.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
Running roughshod through a group again. Already through to the final with one group game to play, the only thing it will determine for them is jersey color in the final. Dominated the opposing teams so much that she got to play in the field today. Got pulled down in the box late in the second game, and her coach let her shoot the penalty. Notice that she doesn’t celebrate. #keepersorority.

That poor girl was incredible. We’d have score 20 if not for her.
She acted like she had been the before AUDub. Tell her great job.

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
She acted like she had been the before AUDub. Tell her great job.
Any keeper knows what it’s like to get beat down even in spite of performing at a high level. Seriously, even though they were in call-off-the-dogs mode very early, this poor girl in the opposing goal was simply incredible between the sticks. I was cheering for her saves after the first 10 minutes to keep her spirits up.

Last edited:

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
Any keeper knows what it’s like to get beat down even in spite of performing at a high level. Seriously, even though they were in call-off-the-dogs mode very early, this poor girl in the opposing goal was simply incredible between the sticks. I was cheering for her saves after the first 10 minutes to keep her spirits up.
That is great sportsmanship. She will remember that one day because kids need that from other people than their parents sometimes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Last edited:

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
Re: Brag On You Kid(s)

My child has made the President's list for his first two semesters of college. He has worked very hard this past year. Hopefully he can keep it up.

FitToBeTide

All-American
Aug 19, 2001
St. Florian
Please don't shoot me because this is bragging on my grandson. He's Nate Seltzer, the geography whiz that appears on the Ellen Show every couple of months. Pretty neat little kid. If you're not familiar with him, take a look at one of his youtubed episodes: https://youtu.be/LX3UPJ6qW9A

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.