2013 Heisman Trophy Presentation thread

RMRJMR

Scout Team
Dec 29, 2008
Madison, AL
Kudos to AJ for second place. And kudos to the 115 voters who understand what the award is about by leaving the rapist of their ballots. His speech was all about tooting his own horn. Could be have bragged about himself just a little bit more? And I can tell him why his relationship with his mother has improved....... Because she knows her little boy is going to be making millions real soon.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Watching the NC Game this year will be like watching the movie "The Longest Yard" with all the criminals & prison guards making sure they don't escape into the big crowds..LOL

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
The Winston thing tries my soul. Everything that I know and believe drives me toward the conclusion that he raped that girl, but we will never know with any certainty. I don't want to be petty about these awards, but I just can't help myself. I can't help but feel that he just got away with this, and some other girl is going to get hurt because of it. I just hope that I am wrong.

tmv85

All-SEC
I muted the TV when he began his speech. Just watching the smug look on his face was sickening. I pray that if he ever has a daughter, she doesn't have to go through the same thing his victim has gone through. I would love to know who the 115 voters are who didn't include him. They deserve a standing ovation for having principles and standing by them.

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
The Winston thing tries my soul. Everything that I know and believe drives me toward the conclusion that he raped that girl, but we will never know with any certainty. I don't want to be petty about these awards, but I just can't help myself. I can't help but feel that he just got away with this, and some other girl is going to get hurt because of it. I just hope that I am wrong.
I feel exactly the same way. If that had been any other young man the outcome would have been different. Willie Meggs must not have a conscience.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Yup..That's what I worry the most about the whole situation, I couldn't care less about the football aspect of it, being a daddy of two beautiful young girls, I worry he will do it to another innocent young Lady..I truly hope that's not the case & it doesn't happen to another lady..

Bamafan P.T.

All-SEC
Oct 15, 2005
Tuscaloosa
Never seen the winner blow right by other finalists, no handshake or anything. Didn't acknowledge any of their seasons either.
Very unimpressive speech... Reminds me too much of scam Newton

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
Pardon my continued interuption...............

If you had the misfortune of livin' up here like I do, Cuda, you'd understand.

Sorta...

Anyway, thanks for the link...

What a game it must've been!

Will follow the state finals, and will be cheerin' for you all...
Young Alec Morris will thank you for his support.

OK, there is a reason to mention all of this................

Allen's QB is a kid named Kyler Murray. Texas HS Player of the Year.

Son of Kevin Murray. Former aTm QB, Kevin Murray. Now one of the premier QB mentors around.

I think we are going to see this kid, in 2 years, and he is going to give us fits.

Anyway, back to the game highlights, now that I have seen what I heard on the radio.

Allen punted, with 1:20 to go. Hit one of the other guys, who was turned the wrong way, in his back, and bounced right to one of our guys. Murray runs 24 yards, with 0:17 to go, scoring the winning TD.

Maybe he won't got to aTm................I hope not...................

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
They are showing it on tape delay, because of a scheduled hockey game. (I think it was against Winnipeg. Like folks would be glued to the telly for that one.)
I think I speak for everyone when I say, "They still have hockey?!?" That can't be right.

rolltideallday

1st Team
Dec 18, 2011
Tuscaloosa, AL
TJ Yeldon and Tre Mason had pretty similar stats through 12 games. His biggest moment came in the last game. Not sure he should've been there.

A Barner just posted on Facebook:

"Jamies Winston does not deserve it and if you are listening to his speech...It definitely has nothing to do with his intelligence...Tre Mason should be at the podium!"

What a joke!

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.