Alvin Kamara out partying in ATL with Manziel and Nkemdiche..

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
I really don't see him ever making it back on the football field, at least at Alabama. It's a shame, I watched him play some at Norcross and he really is a great athlete.
Hate to say it but, I agree! But, with Yeldon, Drake, Henry, and Tenpenny back next year, and the possibility of signing Fournette, we were getting a little constipated with RB's.

tide96

All-SEC
Oct 4, 2005
A guy can't go out an have a beer these days? What is so bad about that. He is underaged, fine. But I don't see some moral character breakdown because a college kid wants to party on his off time.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Because Alvin was in his home city out with Johnny Manziel and one of the Nkemdiche brothers (also from Georgia), he won't be back on the team?

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
A guy can't go out an have a beer these days? What is so bad about that. He is underaged, fine. But I don't see some moral character breakdown because a college kid wants to party on his off time.
I think given his situation of being suspended he should stay out of the spot light. Being out with JFF is asking to be all over ESPN, TMZ and Bleacher Report....

Bryant Ave

Suspended
Dec 4, 2013
Cullman
Hate to say it but, I agree! But, with Yeldon, Drake, Henry, and Tenpenny back next year, and the possibility of signing Fournette, we were getting a little constipated with RB's.
We are resting the guy that will surprise everyone :), has the Saban prototype build, and played against some of the best competition in the USA in high school. So good, we took his quarterback that spent most of his time handing the ball off to..............Tyren Jones. Was injured his senior year, and a redshirt was a good idea.

2014-TJ and Drake.........Henry/Tenpenny
2015- Henry/Tenppenny/Jones
2016- Tenpenny/Jones, and ?

BamaDynasty

Scout Team
May 9, 2003
Smyrna,GA,USA
I don't have a problem with AK going out, BUT guys who are in and out of the doghouse are always a red flag. I know it's stated often on here, and we all made dumb decisions 18-22 but these guys are truly getting an amazing opportunity. I hope Kamara ends up being in the Ingram/Lacy/Richardson mold before too long.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Because Alvin was in his home city out with Johnny Manziel and one of the Nkemdiche brothers (also from Georgia), he won't be back on the team?
Seeing how he is suspended and he's partying instead of doing whatever he can to earn his way out of the doghouse, yes, I think that is a pretty good assessment. Even if it was grade issues that prevented him from participating in the bowl trip, if he was at least around the program doing things to show he cares about his opportunity despite the suspension...maybe he could get another chance. I think he's all but done in Tuscaloosa. Just my opinion...

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Seeing how he is suspended and he's partying instead of doing whatever he can to earn his way out of the doghouse, yes, I think that is a pretty good assessment. Even if it was grade issues that prevented him from participating in the bowl trip, if he was at least around the program doing things to show he cares about his opportunity despite the suspension...maybe he could get another chance. I think he's all but done in Tuscaloosa. Just my opinion...
The players were sent home for Christmas, though. The team is meeting in New Orleans tomorrow. It's not like he skipped practice to party. They were sent home.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Ah, good point. They don't do Christmas like Thanksgiving where only those who live really close to Tuscaloosa can leave.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
I don't have a problem with AK going out, BUT guys who are in and out of the doghouse are always a red flag. I know it's stated often on here, and we all made dumb decisions 18-22 but these guys are truly getting an amazing opportunity. I hope Kamara ends up being in the Ingram/Lacy/Richardson mold before too long.
He won't at Alabama.

Bryant Ave

Suspended
Dec 4, 2013
Cullman
Yes, I know he's been suspended this season.
I've seen RB's go in and out of the dog house, but not suspended for a year. I have always assumed that one of the 4 RB's from the class would leave as all are NFL candidates. Jones had his legs run off in HS, and needed a shirt, not sure what the competition level was with Avin and Jones. But one of the backs is going to be looking at second string most probably until their senior year, and maybe even their senior depending on who leaves early.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I've seen RB's go in and out of the dog house, but not suspended for a year. I have always assumed that one of the 4 RB's from the class would leave as all are NFL candidates. Jones had his legs run off in HS, and needed a shirt, not sure what the competition level was with Avin and Jones. But one of the backs is going to be looking at second string most probably until their senior year, and maybe even their senior depending on who leaves early.
I've always assumed we'd lose one or more. No way that doesn't happen with that many highly-rated players...

Bryant Ave

Suspended
Dec 4, 2013
Cullman
I've always assumed we'd lose one or more. No way that doesn't happen with that many highly-rated players...
Kudos to the new pic. Refreshing, and a good shot.

I would put the odds for one leaving, looking at their playing time and personality from least likely, Henry, Tenpenny, Jones and Alvin. Three of these guys could see a lot to a decent amount of playing time in 2015, the Junior years for Henry and Ten, and sophomore for Jones I believe. Jones will be in a good spot if one leaves. They ran him so hard in Marietta that he would be better off playing one light and one hard season, and that's it, which could be an attractive career for someone that already has a lot of mileage.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.