Great Points re: Rooting for AU vs FSU

glasscutter256

All-American
Jan 31, 2009
Huntsville
i agree totally. The tomahawk chop will be going strong in my house. If it was any other SEC school, I could cheer for them. Not the Barners. Those that do cheer for them probably don't live in Alabama and have to put up with all of their annoying bragging.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
Hmm, cheer for an alleged rapist, or cheer for Auburn. Yeah, those Auburn fans made me so mad that I'm cheering for someone that probably raped a girl.

Not happening, but... I won't watch the game, since I dislike both teams.

CrimsonTheory

All-American
Mar 26, 2012
CrimsonBleedRed
Probably not going to happen but here's to hoping the 2013 BCS Championship Game becoming the lowest watch game since 2005 Orange Bowl.

Will never root for Cow College. It is as simple as that. Won't root for FSU, either. I simply hope the game is so boring that people would actively ask if the game would have been more interesting with Alabama going for a 3rd straight title.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
The one point he made is what I have been saying for years, auburn is NOT our "little brother". A lot of posters on here continually refer to them that way, I can assure you that bunch is and will never be "my little brother". I plan on watching at least some of the game, but still believe auburn will win since FSU has played 1 team all year that had a pulse.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
I totally get it.

It's the same as someone who thinks a Gator would root for FSU because they're in the same state,

Huh?

Except in this case - they aren't even in the same conference - so "double huh"?

Further....their QB (allegedly) raped a girl. "Triple huh"?

Then there's the long-standing rivalry and recruiting implications.....yep..."quadruple huh"?

So with all due respect.....go for it up there....root for the criminoles......I know I won't be....and for good reason!

bamapuppy

1st Team
Mar 28, 2008
Hillsborough, NC
I enjoyed reading the article. But, honestly I did not need the article to confirm that I should not pull for Aubarn. I am going to use the excuse that I am pulling for Bobby Bowden, because of the ties that he has with both Florida State, and BAMA. But, the truth is I would be pulling for Notre Dame over the barn. And, I hate Notre Dame :biggrin2:. A matter of fact, I felt that Notre Dame rode the Irish horseshoe last year into the National Championship game, the same way that Auburn hopped in on the rabbits foot this year. I am expecting Auburn to have the same fate as Notre Dame did last year. Because luck has to eventually run out.

derek4tide

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2005
Daphne, AL
I don't get the keep it in the state thing or cheer for the SEC thing. Is this the same SEC that kicked us while we were down 10 years ago? Roy Kramer and the SEC front office really loved the Tide. And if the barn does win, do they share the title and money with the University and the rest of the state? Please, a barn win helps the barn only and helps their recruiting. It's time for a change in the streak and I hope the barn is the one that loses it. Just my two cents......

Florida Tom

All-American
Aug 15, 2011
Tampa, FL
I'm really, really torn here!
i do not like API at all & can't remember pulling for them anytime EVER!

BUT, FSU is playing a rapist, that I have no doubt in my mind.

You don't have to agree & I appreciate others views but living in Florida & seeing just how justice ( cough, cough) is handled I stand by my beliefs.

If not for that yes the Seminoles would be my pick but right now I wish they could both lose.

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA
Win-win situation.

If they win, I will politely clap and say that NC stays in both the SEC and the state of Alabama.

If they lose, I will blame them for being the team that broke the SEC streak and brought shame on the state and the conference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk, so my fat fingers cause misspellings and autocorrect makes my ships into...

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
The one point he made is what I have been saying for years, auburn is NOT our "little brother". A lot of posters on here continually refer to them that way, I can assure you that bunch is and will never be "my little brother". I plan on watching at least some of the game, but still believe auburn will win since FSU has played 1 team all year that had a pulse.
I don't particularly like my little brother, so the comparison is apt in my case. He's a Gator fan, I wonder who he'll pull for?

derek4tide

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2005
Daphne, AL
LOL, so true. The barn is more like the crazy, drunk cousin in the family. You know the one, who always talks trash and never bathes.

tnbamaman

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 6, 2012
I am looking at this from a glass half full perspective as apposed to a glass half empty. I don't like either team but one of two things can happen.

1. Barn wins and the SEC wins 8 straight and closes out the final year of the BCS just like they opened up the first year of the BCS with a win.

2. FSU wins and we can all blame the end of the SEC sreak on the barn.

BAMA will still hold more BCS championships than any other team period.

It could be a lot worse I guess. ;)

bigjue24

Suspended
Dec 2, 2009
Okeechobee, FL
I hate Auburn. I hated them when they were 0-8 and I hate them now, maybe even more. When they played Tennessee someone asked me who I wanted to win? I told them the only way I could win is if a giant sink hole opened up and swallowed the whole field, and then closed up and none of them where ever seen or heard from again. I would pull for the Communist Party of China if they fielded a football team and played Auburn.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Frankly, I've lost a lot of interest in college football in general since the last weekend in November. I've watched maybe 30 seconds combined of all the bowl games so far.

I doubt very seriously I'll even watch the NC game, as I'm certainly not interested in seeing either team win. There are just more important things in life right now.

gamersfuel

All-American
Jan 20, 2008
Auburn/near a cow pasture
i wont be rooting for either team. but i do plan on watching like i watch as many college games as possible. it will be interesting to see whether Winston, or the Aurebren running attack can be slowed down.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.