A Few Recruiting Tidbits

WsN

BamaNation Citizen
Jun 15, 2013
Well, Robinson was a long shot this time last year as well. Here is hoping that we work the magic!
Agree that Dupre will be a long shot considering LSU lost two elite WR. I'm sure CLM is probably telling Malachi Dupre what he want to hear right about now.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
This may be the result of the staff changes...

@RivalsWoody If what I'm hearing is right, Alabama is about to try to start poaching from other SEC recruiting classes. Will be an interesting few weeks

Last edited:

MOAN

All-American
Aug 30, 2010
Swearengin, Alabama, United States
I think I read yesterday on the AJC that Elisha Shaw DT from Tucker Georgia still had Bama high on his list, between Bama and Georgia. Found the link. It sadi he was one of the elite prospects in the nation before he had a season ending neck injury and has yet to be cleared medically to return football but Bama still had a scholly for him and that he is coming to Tuscaloosa the 24th. Grey shirt maybe? http://recruiting.blog.ajc.com/2014/01/16/will-uga-go-after-other-tucker-seniors/

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I think I read yesterday on the AJC that Elisha Shaw DT from Tucker Georgia still had Bama high on his list, between Bama and Georgia. Found the link. It sadi he was one of the elite prospects in the nation before he had a season ending neck injury and has yet to be cleared medically to return football but Bama still had a scholly for him and that he is coming to Tuscaloosa the 24th. Grey shirt maybe? http://recruiting.blog.ajc.com/2014/01/16/will-uga-go-after-other-tucker-seniors/
More than likely this is just a nice gesture by the staff. Would look horrible if they did not honor the scholarship offer after his injury.

MOAN

All-American
Aug 30, 2010
Swearengin, Alabama, United States
More than likely this is just a nice gesture by the staff. Would look horrible if they did not honor the scholarship offer after his injury.
True, but since he has not been cleared medically to play yet, it could be, he may down the road get cleared and help Bama land him then. Didn't Wallace Gilberry get a late scholarship after someone we had signed not get cleared by the NCAA or didn't qualify or something?

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
True, but since he has not been cleared medically to play yet, it could be, he may down the road get cleared and help Bama land him then. Didn't Wallace Gilberry get a late scholarship after someone we had signed not get cleared by the NCAA or didn't qualify or something?
Yes, a real late one and he is doing well in the NFL today.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Yes, a real late one and he is doing well in the NFL today.
Yep, it was the Alabama-Mississippi All Star game. I saw it and dude was awesome! Shula's staff was watching too. Wallace will go down as one of the best players of the Shula Era thanks to that game.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Why is the following guy NOT on Alabama's radar? I know we've got several O. linemen on our list of recruits from different parts of the country, but it's good to get a good one from the state of Alabama.

From Al.com's list of top players in Alabama
Jordan Sims, OL, Homewood -
- A monstrous blocker who was named the 5A Lineman of the Year, Sims recorded 91 pancake blocks and did not allow a sack in 2013. He is uncommitted with Ole Miss and Mississippi State at the top of his list.

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame
Why is the following guy NOT on Alabama's radar? I know we've got several O. linemen on our list of recruits from different parts of the country, but it's good to get a good one from the state of Alabama.

- A monstrous blocker who was named the 5A Lineman of the Year, Sims recorded 91 pancake blocks and did not allow a sack in 2013. He is uncommitted with Ole Miss and Mississippi State at the top of his list.
What OL that has committed to us would you swap him for? That's probably what it comes down to. You have to think that our staff has evaluated the other guys higher since it doesn't seem we are pursuing him very hard.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Bama hasn't recruited him that hard because he's fairly raw and overweight. As mentioned, who would you want to lose in order to get him?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
I know he camped at Bama and would have committed on the spot, but he was down the list a ways. We are getting the best crop of O linemen in the country and it's another case of not having room for everyone.

Airborne Tider

All-American
Aug 2, 2008
Fort Benning

He was on our radar but our we have SEVERAL OLineman committed that our staff prefers. Instate guys are great. But talent will always win the spot.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.