Surprising Coaching changes - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Surprising Coaching changes

Quote Originally Posted by bamabelle1991 View Post
    Mike Dean resisted EVERY effort of outreach and refused to get involved in the community. He made himself an outcast by acting like a complete idiot in public. He has a very anti-social personality and offended and shunned people every time he turned around. He would not allow people to help him or befriend him. He ended up biting the hand that fed him, so to speak, which ultimately led to his resigning. It was a real blessing to have him leave. I don't care how much you win, if you care nothing about the people you are leading, then your efforts are worthless. All the bashing of our school and our town he has done in the papers shows a man who is unstable and bitter. I feel sorry for the kids at Mary Montgomery HS who now have to endure his presence. If I was a parent, I would be concerned and would not want this man within 10 feet of my children.
    Do you know if he came from NW Alabama? I think around 25 years ago there was a coach by the same name in that area. MG Montgomery is a tough place to win it seems. I think they were 1-9 last season.
    "If the public are bound to yield obedience to laws to which they cannot give their approbation, they are slaves to those who make such laws and enforce them." - As Candidus in the Boston Gazette, January 20, 1772

BamaNation Hall of Fame 230kv_barehand's Avatar

I think he is from the Semmes area actually, or his wife was one I forget but I think that was why he went to MGM.

Belle check your PM's, I'd love to hear this story

BamaNation All-American bamabelle1991's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hoot30 View Post
    Do you know if he came from NW Alabama? I think around 25 years ago there was a coach by the same name in that area. MG Montgomery is a tough place to win it seems. I think they were 1-9 last season.
    Yes, he is originally from the Mobile area. He and his wife, both. He has coached at Fairhope, McGill-Toolen, Valley, Daleville and CHHS all within a 6 year period. He dad coached at Fairhope, UMS-Wright and McGill.

Wow he really got around! I knew he moved around but I didn't even know he roamed that much. I don't see him surviving MGM, it is a lot like Robertsdale in that it will swallow up even good coaches! Just can't win there with the teams you have to play. With MGM moving up to 7A he will be an unknown before you know it. He might be paid well for it but I just don't see them putting up with it for too long.

Quote Originally Posted by bamabelle1991 View Post
    Yes, he is originally from the Mobile area. He and his wife, both. He has coached at Fairhope, McGill-Toolen, Valley, Daleville and CHHS all within a 6 year period. He dad coached at Fairhope, UMS-Wright and McGill.
    Ok, thanks. Not the same one that I was thinking of. The MGM school site only had asst. coach pictures, so that's why I asked.
    "If the public are bound to yield obedience to laws to which they cannot give their approbation, they are slaves to those who make such laws and enforce them." - As Candidus in the Boston Gazette, January 20, 1772

From WSFA's sports reporter:

@jeff_shearer Jamey DuBose will be introduced as new coach at Central-Phenix City at 5 p.m. Central. Wanted to be in 7A. Leaving Charles Henderson HS.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

Wow!!! Talk about something wild there. I didn't even think Dubose would have left Henderson after he left Florence for them and the fact he had a personal tie to the principal or whatever there. Now he is leaving them for Central? Wow....

Here's an article about Dubose's latest move. Link
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

Belle what's the mood like in Troy over this? I think he did y'all pretty dirty. He would have been more successful at Henderson than Central. He'll get better athletes year in and year out in Phenix City, but in 7A he wont be winning no titles there any time soon. At least in Troy he had a shot to get a few rings.

BamaNation All-American bamabelle1991's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 230kv_barehand View Post
    Belle what's the mood like in Troy over this? I think he did y'all pretty dirty. He would have been more successful at Henderson than Central. He'll get better athletes year in and year out in Phenix City, but in 7A he wont be winning no titles there any time soon. At least in Troy he had a shot to get a few rings.
    Color everyone COMPLETELY shocked. I was with our starting QB (my daughter's bf) when he got the news from a teammate who saw it on Twitter. NOT COOL. Looks like Dubose has lived up to all the rumors about his character--he is a slimy, dirty man of ZERO character. He cares nothing about the student athlete--just the MONEY and the accolades he gets from being the coach. I heard yesterday that he had the deal set in stone back in April but C-PC had to wait to let Lowe go. He is going into a program that doesn't want him so I hope that the karma he receives is vicious. However, the folks at Central don't need to get to attached to him because if Vestavia's coach retires, that is where he will be next. After the initial shock wore off and we started hearing details, it became apparent that this was probably a Blessing in disguise. I feel like we will do a complete 180 with the next hire and just promote from within. It's not worth hurting the kids again with some "hot shot" coach who doesn't want to be there. Sorry to all you C-PC fans but I hope he loses every game next year!!

I figured you would feel that way and you guys have every right to feel that way. That was some low down stuff IMHO. That move shafted Henderson as now they have to start over this close to the season. Its been a wild year coaching wise for sure!

Sent from my Verizon LG G2 4G
    I need you out there slinging coconuts and pineapples!

BamaNation Hall of Fame Crimson1967's Avatar

Is he related to Mike Dubose?

Doubt it. Never heard it before but I've been wrong before.