Link: Does Alabama Have the Best O-Line Class in Recent Years?

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
I agree, best OL class I have ever seen and I've been following it since the Forrest Davis days in the 90's as a teenager. No doubt this class is not playing around and if they pan out like the "scouts" think these boys could make the 2012 O-Line look weak!:eek2:

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Any real chance with Mama ? I saw Coach visited him at his HS.
If coach is there to visit then odds are we are definitely in the thick of things regarding his signature. Distance may be a problem, though, and Jess indicated that he will require a year in service as a Mormon.

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
Any real chance with Mama ? I saw Coach visited him at his HS.
Realistic - No
Better than a long shot - yes.

He obviously likes us, but I think family is very important to him so I doubt he re-considers being that far away.

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
On paper, we have a great class, but we have at least one with an academic ? (Jackson); another that was thought to be a possible flip to another school or possibly to the DL (McBride), and I think JC had a knee injury this fall.

With that said, I think we have enough talent coming in that we'll find at least 3 multi-year starters for us, which is very good for one class.

bama61

1st Team
Aug 24, 2004
North Alabama
On paper and based on potential, a great class. However there are some key points at which the actual talent evaluation kicks in:

Feb 2014 - who actually signs LOIs
June 2014 - who beyond the early entries enrolls for summer school
August 2014 - who is on campus for Fall camp
December 2016 - who actually stayed and lived up to the recruiting rankings

The last, in my opinion, is the only one that really matters. The rest are just points where we fans get a lot of talking points.

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
On paper, we have a great class, but we have at least one with an academic ? (Jackson); another that was thought to be a possible flip to another school or possibly to the DL (McBride), and I think JC had a knee injury this fall.

With that said, I think we have enough talent coming in that we'll find at least 3 multi-year starters for us, which is very good for one class.
Jackson got all of his classes cleared by Bama and as long as he passes this spring, he will graduate in May and be here in June. CNS said he'll get a shot at both tackle spots.

McBride was told he'll start out at guard.

Piersbacher will start out at tackle.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
We've had top OL classes the past several years (compared to others) and we still have OL issues at times during most years. 2013 seemingly having them all year except for second half of LSU game. But I guess if you strictly go by stars and the recruiting experts then yes. But if it doesn't translate on the field then the answer is no.

Offensive lines are tough to get right because for an offensive line to work it takes more than just talent. It takes chemistry among the individual players to move and play as one unit. Not five individual talented parts.

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
Jackson got all of his classes cleared by Bama and as long as he passes this spring, he will graduate in May and be here in June. CNS said he'll get a shot at both tackle spots.

McBride was told he'll start out at guard.

Piersbacher will start out at tackle.
Hassenhauer told center and guard.

mittman

All-American
Jun 19, 2009
Stars aside, what really is getting me giddy is the relationship they seem to be already building. I am sure a lot this happens every year in the camps and all star games, but it seems to be more genuine with this class and position group. They appear to really excited about playing together, like being around each other, and are obviously talented.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.