Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Re: Safety Markell Boston making official visit this weekend

awburn offered and he committed....

could mean lots of things:

1) we feel good on Evans and/or Dupre

or 2) we offered Flournoy-Smith

3) or there is a surprise....
Man, I hope you are right RTO. This one will sting if we slow played him and end up whiffing on everyone else on signing day.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

The board is really started to narrow now. With Elam, Thomas, and now Boston out of the picture, we essentially have three viable targets left at this point: (1) Evans, (2) Dupre, and (3) Flournoy-Smith. Anyone else would come as a pretty decent surprise.

Last edited:

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

Man, I hope you are right RTO. This one will sting if we slow played him and end up whiffing on everyone else on signing day.
Perhaps, but that's the risk you always run in these deals as you try to negotiate the numbers crunch. OTOH, it's also very possible as to what RTO alluded to above. We'll know for certain in a couple of days.

CrimsonPride25

1st Team
Jul 25, 2012
Mobile, Al

The board is really started to narrow now. With Elam, Thomas, and now Boston out of the picture, we essentially have three viable targets left at this point: (1) Evans, (2) Dupre, and (3) Flournoy-Smith. Anyone else would come as a pretty decent surprise.
Still leaves the possibility of Allen-Williams as well?

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

Still leaves the possibility of Allen-Williams as well?
He would be one of the surprise candidates, but then again it's not a surprise for nothing. Nothing out there right not to indicate he is going anywhere but South Carolina.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

He would be one of the surprise candidates, but then again it's not a surprise for nothing. Nothing out there right not to indicate he is going anywhere but South Carolina.
Yeah he pretty much confirmed as much here.

“For me, I really can’t judge it in percentage. I just know that as of right now most likely I am going to sign with South Carolina,” he said. “I won’t say 100 percent because I am still thinking, so probably about 95 percent.”

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

Well, to tell the truth, it`d be a "decent surprise" for me if we got any of those three.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al

Unless we are landing Evans or Thomas, i hate to lose out on this kid. Especially to the fambly...

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006

Thomas said he was done...sticking with Miami
IMHO, when his mom didn't come with him on his official visit, it was done. Would've been nice, but if he really was considering us, he would've brought mama I think.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

IMHO, when his mom didn't come with him on his official visit, it was done. Would've been nice, but if he really was considering us, he would've brought mama I think.
I think it was more along the lines of his Mom didn't want to come, as opposed to him not wanting to bring her. Either way, though, moot point now.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.