*** 2015 DT Jonathan Ledbetter Commits to Alabama ***

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Re: ***2015 DT Jonathan LedbetterCommits to Bama ***

Ledbetter is a player mentioned in the possible flips from our current commits. Things just seemed to raise those odds. Link
Not good at all. I think a flip is on the horizon and that sucks since this guy can play.

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
If he does flip who do we go after to replace his spot? I know we are looking good for Payne, but do we take an additional DT?

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
If he does flip who do we go after to replace his spot? I know we are looking good for Payne, but do we take an additional DT?
Wonder if we`re actively recruiting someone to fill his spot? I also wonder if, in situations such as this, the staff in essence calls the question with the recruit ( "Well, what`s it going to be?")?

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn
Just going by the past, you can feel pretty confident the staff has a back up plan. I have seen several times where the staff does not expect to keep everyone we have committed right now. That is the only problem getting kids so early they have plenty of time to flip, however it works for us as well as against us. For instance I think we flip the safety today committed to UNC. In the end I trust the staff and have full confidence our needs will be met as they have been every year.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
No use throwing in the towel just yet, but obviously Ledbetter is very much a soft commitment at the moment.

It's not really a big shock, frankly. Again, a certain level of attrition simply has to be expected when you take so many commitments so long before NSD. That is just part of what the recruiting game has evolved into these days. And we've probably benefited more from down-the-stretch flips than just about anyone, so it's not like we can complain.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Here's a Q&A with Jonathan on AlabamaIntel. He and Elisha Shaw are best friends, which may help Alabama. At the end of the piece, there's this nugget about his brother (I added the bold):

Jonathan”s older brother Joseph Ledbetter, who was a small college hoops player was offered by UGA, committed, and is enrolling Monday. He was offered a preferred walk-on spot at Alabama. He is likely a tight end at UGA…he is on schedule to start workouts in Athens Tuesday…Big news because it could effect Ledbetter in the end…stay tuned…RTR!

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn
Nice article on Ledbetter on Bama intel he says he is firm and even mentioned the fact alot of people think he is flipping to UGA,but says he visted UGA with a friend and he had a good time, but basically his decision is made.We shall see, I hope this stays true the kid is a beast.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Nice article on Ledbetter on Bama intel he says he is firm and even mentioned the fact alot of people think he is flipping to UGA,but says he visted UGA with a friend and he had a good time, but basically his decision is made.We shall see, I hope this stays true the kid is a beast.
In reading the article, he sure sounds locked and loaded to us. Sure hope so. You never can tell in recruiting.

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
Unfortunately, yep. If he does flip, I hope he flips early.
I totally agree. It's the right thing to do if you're going to flip, don't leave us hanging. I hope he stays but I'm sure CNS and CKS are keeping a close watch on this one. Stay Jonathan and Roll Tide!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.