*** Former FSU QB Jacob Coker Transferring to Alabama ***

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
Re: Coker has committed to Alabama...

People keep saying stuff like that, but for the record if you count incoming (and injured) David Cornwell, it's 5. David Cornwell will be a true freshman, so Coker's importance has absolutely nothing to do with him because things would be really bad to start a true freshmen at QB. So, that leaves 4.

Blame Sims
Alec Morris
Cooper Bateman
Parker McLeod

I think you can draw your own conclusions about Alec Morris, but as far as Bateman or McLeod go? G-Mac didn't start as a redshirt freshman, AJ didn't start as a redshirt freshmen, and it doesn't necessarily say anything bad that Alabama doesn't seem in a hurry to start a freshman. As far as Blake goes, even if the team absolutely loves him he only has one year of eligibility left. Bringing in Coker makes a ton of sense for a lot of reasons, the team simply doesn't have the depth that a lot of people have imagined, because since Alabama brought in that big class of QBs, 3 are now gone.

Never said it said anything bad that we arent starting a redshirt freshman (...although the last two heisman winners were Redshirt freshman quarterbacks)....I do think that it shows a little bit of how the staff feels about our current scholarship QB's development...

we have a total of 85 scollys...total, we have 5 QB's on scholarship currently ( a position wher only 1 can play). Using another scholarship to bring in an additional QB doesnt show that the coaches are overly confident in our current QB situation..possibly because they havent seen the desired/expected progress...

I still say that if they were confident that any of our current 5 QB's were ready, they wouldnt use another scholarship for a 6th one....they'd probably use it on another position.

...and if the staff felt that Sims was an option for this year, then even more reason to wonder why? if the staff felt he was the option for this year, that would bridge that redshirt freshman season for the other guys you mentioned, right?
and, we've had a couple pretty good redshirt sophomore Qbs recently.

Im not knocking anyone, especially our current players, or finding fault with bringing on another transfer QB if the staff feels it what gives us the best option to win, Im just saying that it just might lend a little insight into how the staff may view our current QB's development...its not a stretch to say that.

Brin ging in Coker isn't a bad thing, but does show that perhaps they arent developing as expected, or hoped....thats all...

and, as always, this is strictly my opinion, ... i'm not trying to dicount any others that may have an opposing view of the situation, this is just how i see it...
;)

Lets get ready for 2015!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.