Question: So, Where is the Crown Jewel Countdown already?

glasscutter256

All-American
Jan 31, 2009
Huntsville
So, where is the Crown Jewel Countdown already??

JK, I know you guys put a lot of time and effort into the countdown and of course I always look forward to it. Take your time putting it together. Just for my patience-sake, around when do you plan on trying to put it together?
Thanks.

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
So, where is the Crown Jewel Countdown already??

JK, I know you guys put a lot of time and effort into the countdown and of course I always look forward to it. Take your time putting it together. Just for my patience-sake, around when do you plan on trying to put it together?
Thanks.
In good years, leading up to the A-Day game....

sometimes it's much later :biggrin2:

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds
Yes, which is better?? The #1 OL of the nation, or the #1 DT of the nation, or the #1 DB of the nation??? Great problem to have :biggrin2:.
I get your point- we had a potentially great recruiting haul. However, I don't think any service has us with the top DT. One in the top ten-Frazier - and 2 more in the top thirty - Smith and Dwight. Maybe you refer to top ranked DE Dashawn Hand?

Oh, there are also the 1 and 2 cornerbacks. the 1 and top 5 outside LBs. A top ten inside LB . . What a great time to be a Crimson Tide fan!

bamapuppy

1st Team
Mar 28, 2008
Hillsborough, NC
I get your point- we had a potentially great recruiting haul. However, I don't think any service has us with the top DT. One in the top ten-Frazier - and 2 more in the top thirty - Smith and Dwight. Maybe you refer to top ranked DE Dashawn Hand?

Oh, there are also the 1 and 2 cornerbacks. the 1 and top 5 outside LBs. A top ten inside LB . . What a great time to be a Crimson Tide fan!
I stand corrected. I did mean Hand. He was recruited as a DE, but I believe that I read somewhere that he could play as a DT if needed. Nevertheless, I am sure that we will agree that Dashawn Hand will develope into a great player. And, I read some people think that Tony Brown should be the best cornerback, and I have read that some people think that Humphrey is the best cornerback. I think that is a good problem to have. An arguement about the best corner in the nation, and they are on the same team.

glasscutter256

All-American
Jan 31, 2009
Huntsville
If you base this list mostly on need, we might end up with Coker at the #1 spot. I'm curious how Rivals and 24/7 would rate Coker right now in comparison to other Juco guys or even HS recruits. I think he was a 3* coming out of HS. Would his stock rise to a 4* or 5* today?
I only bring this up because we may see a lot more of this type of transfering after graduation. More kids are starting school early. With redshirts and kids in summer school, more kids will be graduating with 1-2 yrs of eligibility remaining. Chad Lindsay this year. Harrison Jones and Wilson Love could have done this. I'm curious how these situations will affect recruiting in the future.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
We'll get to it in due time, but no reason to rush right now. It's a long way until fall camp, folks.

IMALOYAL1

All-American
Oct 28, 2000
Birmingham AL
If you base this list mostly on need, we might end up with Coker at the #1 spot. I'm curious how Rivals and 24/7 would rate Coker right now in comparison to other Juco guys or even HS recruits. I think he was a 3* coming out of HS. Would his stock rise to a 4* or 5* today?
I only bring this up because we may see a lot more of this type of transfering after graduation. More kids are starting school early. With redshirts and kids in summer school, more kids will be graduating with 1-2 yrs of eligibility remaining. Chad Lindsay this year. Harrison Jones and Wilson Love could have done this. I'm curious how these situations will affect recruiting in the future.
It does seem to give more flexability to the players and even schools in need of immediate help. Most of these student athletes have at least worked hard on their studies and stayed relatively free from trouble to graduate early.

Looking forward to the Crown Jewel and also the "4 years later" assessment Jess puts out from time to time.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.