Link: *** OG Richie Petitbon Commits to Alabama ***

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Re: 2015 OG Richie Fontaine Petitbon

Isnt he the grandson of former NFL headcoach Richie Petitbon? Great upside and great genes if so.
The article linked by the OP has his grandfather mentioned and quoted throughout the article so to answer your question yes.

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012

"Grandpa Football" (Richie Petitbon) was a great defensive coordinator for Joe Gibbs and the 'Skins - three Super Bowl championships.

Coolest thing is the generational "growth" amongst the Petitbons - Richie was a safety at Tulane, Richie Jr. a linebacker in college, and now Richie F. a 6-4, 305-pound OG.

Actually, that's the second coolest thing about them. If Richies I and II had played at 'Bama, they might be calling the grandson RTIII - for Richie Tide III - when he gets to Tuscaloosa. As it is, in Redskins country, his family nickname RP3 has a nice ring to it.

bama61

1st Team
Aug 24, 2004
North Alabama

Actually Richie Petitbon was more than a safety in his college days at Tulane, he was also an all-SEC QB as well. One of Tulane's three wins in 1958 was over Coach Bryant's first Alabama team. and Petitbon was the QB. The players I knew on that team said it was a long trip back to Tuscaloosa with Coach Bryant after that game.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

Actually Richie Petitbon was more than a safety in his college days at Tulane, he was also an all-SEC QB as well. One of Tulane's three wins in 1958 was over Coach Bryant's first Alabama team. and Petitbon was the QB. The players I knew on that team said it was a long trip back to Tuscaloosa with Coach Bryant after that game.
I remember that painfully also, of course. I also noticed the progression in size, from DB/QB to OG in two generations...

Drifter

3rd Team
Mar 10, 2010
2015 OG Richie Fontaine Petitbon

75-year-old Richie was a 4-time Pro-Bowler at Safety for my Chicago Bears.

hself206

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 16, 2009

Welcome Mr Petitbon. Your going to be great one! ROLL TIDE!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.