Will Bama sign another RB in the 2015 class?

Braveheart

All-SEC
Feb 12, 2006
I don't think Kerryon Johnson was going to be a RB at Bama (looked like a better fit at safety, IMO). Just curious to who else (if anyone) Bama was still actively recruiting at RB?

Jovon Robinson? Damien Harris? Both those guys are impressive but I have to wonder if Robinson would be a "one and done" kind of guy.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
We already have Flowers committed. We'll probably get one more RB in this class. Not sure who it will be, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
If JR gets the Barn offer and I figure he will, if he already hasn't, I think he'll be the prodigal that returns home to them.

I've seen several comments that he is considered the best RB recruit for 2015. I just don't know where he'd fit in on our depth chart.

TJ is likely gone after '14. If Drake has a decent year, he may test the draft too. DH will likely be the #1 guy coming back in '14, but remember we have some young studs with Tennpenny and Jones too.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Yup..And Bo Scarbough can & most likely will be a RB from what I've read at Bama(I read that's the position he wants to play at Bama)..He is that big kinda RB Coach Saban seems to love & he can flat fly for a player his size running the ball & is the perfect RB in our offense..Can y'all imagine Bo & Henry side by side in the backfield..That's a DC worst nightmare come true..

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Yup..And Bo Scarbough can & most likely will be a RB from what I've read at Bama(I read that's the position he wants to play at Bama)..He is that big kinda RB Coach Saban seems to love & he can flat fly for a player his size running the ball & is the perfect RB in our offense..Can y'all imagine Bo & Henry side by side in the backfield..That's a DC worst nightmare come true..
I'm not sure Bo qualifies. That will play a role in this recruiting class.

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds
Doesn't this question depend on how our RBs develop? Yeldon likely gone after this season - and possibly Drake, too. Also, Henry probably here only two more seasons.

Tenpenny and Jones become crucial to the future. Scarbrough needs to [1] get past academics, and [2] be the hoss we think he can be.

Based on the above, we probably take another running back this recruiting cycle; maybe two.

Last edited:

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
I know it sounds cliche, but it really is true that you cannot have too many rbs, especially given our style of O and how Saban loves big, punishing backs. I would think we would have at least two on our board and maybe more as fall back options.

Last edited:

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
At the moment, I'd lean towards us probably taking another tailback in the 2015 class, but that's only a qualified yes, and one that could very easily change. A lot depends on what happens with Bo, and provided that he qualifies academically and remains at tailback, I think it's possible that we don't take another true back in this class.

As for Robinson, he may still end up in Tuscaloosa, but I'm starting to grow a bit skeptical. It seemed a couple of months back like that situation was ripe for commitment, and yet nothing has happened. There are cases going the other way, of course, but typically when you see a delay like that it indicates some underlying issue with either the school or the player (or both) with respect to a possible future together.

Anyway, I'll add my standard objection for the file that people get entirely too worked up over recruiting the tailback position. All of this fretting over tailbacks ought to instead be applied to OTs, CBs, and pass rushers.

Last edited:

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
At the moment, I'd lean towards us probably taking another tailback in the 2015 class, but that's only a qualified yes, and one that could very easily change. A lot depends on what happens with Bo, and provided that he qualifies academically and remains at tailback, I think it's possible that we don't take another true back in this class.

As for Robinson, he may still end up in Tuscaloosa, but I'm starting to grow a bit skeptical. It seemed a couple of months back like that situation was ripe for commitment, and yet nothing has happened. There are cases going the other way, of course, but typically when you see a delay like that it indicates some underlying issue with either the school or the player (or both) with respect to a possible future together.

Anyway, I'll add my standard objection for the file that people get entirely too worked up over recruiting the tailback position. All of this fretting over tailbacks ought to instead be applied to OTs, CBs, and pass rushers.
After the haul we had in 2014, not much to fret about there either...:)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.