Jan 13, 2014
Spread Mayo on 2 slices of bread, refrigerate leftovers
Layer tomato on one half, sprinkle basil ribbons on top
Top with other bread slice
Cut in half and enjoy

IGetBuckets

Suspended
Jan 13, 2014
For a twist, melt a couple of slices of smoked gouda cheese over the tomatos before placing on the bread, for a "Tomato Melt"

Kevin4Bama

All-SEC
Oct 18, 2005
Theodore, Alabama, United States
How can someone from Theodore, AL...home of my close friend and flight school roommate, (and Great American) Rufus Lynwood Edwards (RIP,Lynn), hate tomatoes. You must have a gene that went whacky or something...:)
My parents and brothers love 'em, so they would tend to agree with you. OTOH, my wife and son don't like them either. We don't ever have them in the house.

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001
I absolutely HATE tomatoes.
I used to hate 'em. When I was a kid my mother and sister would eat a tomato just like you would an apple.

For some reason when I hit my mid-30's my taste changed. I love them now.

I still couldn't eat one like an apple, though.

Professor

Scout Team
Sep 3, 2017
Best tomato sandwich ever! Do the usual wheat bread with a thick layer of Dukes and juicy tomatoes. Then, add a generous sprinkling of blue cheese.
You will thank me!

AlistarWills

All-American
Jul 26, 2006
I used to hate 'em. When I was a kid my mother and sister would eat a tomato just like you would an apple.

I avoided them like the plague when I was little. I won't eat one voluntarily but will if it comes on something. I've found the variety most restaurants use have no flavor to them. My kids will eat them like an apple straight off the vine. My father is the tomato growing king. He's got this whole process he goes through with ground prep and such before he gets a plant in the ground. I'm learning, he's getting up in years and if I want the homemade tomato juice we cook with I've got to get the skills to grow em.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover

EXACT same thing with me! Love me some tomatoes! Slice 'em, dice 'em, cooked or raw, I just love 'em. Dice up some tomatoes and add diced avocado, salt, pepper, olive oil and balsamic vinegar and yummy!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.