Link: NCAA Men's Golf Championship

Tider@GW_Law

All-American
Sep 16, 2007
Sacramento, CA
Nothing but weather problems. All rounds have been delayed and play is suspended as of now with the last half of the field still playing in the second round. Stanford was one over in first round and 13 under in the second.

http://www.ncaa.com/sports/golf-men/d1/2014-di-mens-golf-team-leaderboard
Can somebody, anybody, tell me why you would have an event that now (inexplicably) requires 8 rounds in 7 days (more than Q school) anywhere outside of California?

The ridiculous championship schedule has little to no give, yet they hold it in Kansas. Great idea.

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
Can somebody, anybody, tell me why you would have an event that now (inexplicably) requires 8 rounds in 7 days (more than Q school) anywhere outside of California?

The ridiculous championship schedule has little to no give, yet they hold it in Kansas. Great idea.
On the bright side, at least now there's something in Kansas. Lord knows there's nothing else there.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina

Can anyone tell me why they took the best championship around and ruined it with this combination stroke/match play. None of the top coaches really wanted it...

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
Enjoyed following the matches today, lots of back and forth. Some terrific, and at times gutsy, play by the Tide today. Good luck tomorrow against Stanford/Oklahoma State. Third straight appearance in the final round.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
Yep. It seemed they fawned over Stanford/Ok St. so much. I saw only one shot of Bobby Wyatt yesterday and never saw Cory Whitsett. At least they have no choice today.
I watched, and the Alabama matches ended so soon, they didn't have much to show. They made up for the relative absence of air time with a bunch of fawning comments about the state of our program, along with post-match interviews with our players and coaches.

Hoot30

All-SEC
Jan 12, 2005
Nashville, TN
I watched, and the Alabama matches ended so soon, they didn't have much to show. They made up for the relative absence of air time with a bunch of fawning comments about the state of our program, along with post-match interviews with our players and coaches.
That wasn't my perception. I started watching at 3 p.m. Alabama-LSU started before Stanford-Ok St, so their matches did end earlier. However, it seemed to me that while all four teams were on the course at the same time, they showed the Stanford-Ok St. matches more than Al-LSU.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.