TE Jackson Harris Commits to Georgia

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Harris is from Columbia, TN and ranked the number 7 TE by 247. He's announcing this Thursday. Georgia, Vanderbilt, Florida and Alabama are in the mix to get his commitment.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
Re: TE Jackson Harris Updates

Harris is a pretty versatile kid and heavily recruited. He's physically in the mold of a guy like Vogler or Hentges -- i.e. long frame, good size, and physical -- and he could project to a lot of different roles at Alabama (or elsewhere). He's kind of a do-it-all in the prep ranks... plays traditional end-of-line TE, H-back, occasionally flexes out wide, and plays defensive end too. Not exactly an elite-caliber athlete, but he does move pretty well for his size.

FWIW, the UGA homers feel really confident about their chances here. Good news for UA is that Harris took a visit to Tuscaloosa last week, so hopefully that can sway him. I do think he's a take for the staff if he will commit, however, and we've recruited him pretty hard.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

Harris is a pretty versatile kid and heavily recruited. He's physically in the mold of a guy like Vogler or Hentges -- i.e. long frame, good size, and physical -- and he could project to a lot of different roles at Alabama (or elsewhere). He's kind of a do-it-all in the prep ranks... plays traditional end-of-line TE, H-back, occasionally flexes out wide, and plays defensive end too. Not exactly an elite-caliber athlete, but he does move pretty well for his size.

FWIW, the UGA homers feel really confident about their chances here. Good news for UA is that Harris took a visit to Tuscaloosa last week, so hopefully that can sway him. I do think he's a take for the staff if he will commit, however, and we've recruited him pretty hard.
I agree with you. He can be a physical blocking TE with his frame and he looks like he may can move a little better than Vogler does or Michael Williams did. Hope we get him but having a committment from Hentges may hurt us. It appear we are going to take 2 TE's in this class if things work out.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Here's a VIP article on 247 with Harris talking about his recent visit to Tuscaloosa. He says he already knows his decision but won't announce until Thursday. Link

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

I was watching Tider Insider on WVUA last night and Rodney Orr said he spoke with some of his Georgia sources and they were confident about getting Harris' commitment also. He said it would not surprise him if we got his commitment however. We will know tomorrow.

Braveheart

All-SEC
Feb 12, 2006

I was watching Tider Insider on WVUA last night and Rodney Orr said he spoke with some of his Georgia sources and they were confident about getting Harris' commitment also. He said it would not surprise him if we got his commitment however. We will know tomorrow.
Heck, Georgia fans think they get EVERY player they want. I know Bama is really on a roll on the field and on the recruiting trail under CNS but I never assume any kid is coming to Bama.

Of course, IMO, he could go to UGA and play for a perrenial "also ran" or come to Bama and play on a team that's in the hunt for a NC almost every year. Kind of a no brainer, IMO. I know though, there's often a lot more to it for these kids though.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Jalen Harris, a TE from St. James Academy in Montgomery, made a return trip to Tuscaloosa today. Possibly a sign of where Jackson Harris is going. Jalen was offered a scholarship last week, btw.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

Jalen Harris, a TE from St. James Academy in Montgomery, made a return trip to Tuscaloosa today. Possibly a sign of where Jackson Harris is going. Jalen was offered a scholarship last week, btw.
Do you know what time Jackson Harris is announcing today RTR?

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

AlabamaIntel concedes Harris to Georgia. Says it's good that Jalen Harris is coming back to campus today and tomorrow.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

AlabamaIntel concedes Harris to Georgia. Says it's good that Jalen Harris is coming back to campus today and tomorrow.
Oh well. Jalen looks to be more in the OJ mold and I think you were right that him coming back to campus was a sign we missed on Jackson.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

As expected, Jackson Harris committed to Georgia tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

This can mean a few things. One being Jalen Harris will commit. The other being one of the QBs really enjoyed the trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.