*** QB Blake Barnett Commits to Alabama ***

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Huge pick-up. Roll Tide Blake. In watching his video when he runs he reminds me of Matt Jones from Arkansas. Has that big stride and big time speed. I think our offense may change slightly once he gets on campus.

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011
Roll Tide! I think this is a sign of subtle changes to come on offense. Mobile quarterbacks are always good to have.

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn
Nice pickup. This class is ridiculous I hope everyone sticks it is still mighty early and we know our foes will be after them. Having said that I know we may lose one or two, but I am sure as always our staff will have a plan.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I just wanted to make a comment on California QB's this year. There are a lot of great ones this year and 6 of the top 10 QB's are from Cali per Scout (and we recruited many of them). Cali always has a lot of QB's but none that I can recall where they have so many elite ones.

Moro Creek

All-SEC
Jan 21, 2014
Equine country
Welcome aboard Blake. My opinion is we are seeing a transition of sorts. Not away from the pro set, but to use some plays for roll out passes, with the option of a QB that can motor down the field if the receivers are covered, is an exciting proposition. Hope we hold on to this young man.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
Huge pick-up. Roll Tide Blake. In watching his video when he runs he reminds me of Matt Jones from Arkansas. Has that big stride and big time speed. I think our offense may change slightly once he gets on campus.
first off, let me start off by saying Bama just got a Huge Commitment from BB. secondly, I firmly believe he will stick with his commitment , his family were completely blown away when they came to Tuscaloosa for their visit. they know in their hearts , BB will get the proper coaching and development once he arrives. lastly, some Scouts think he is athletic enough to play WR, think about that for a moment. ;)

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
Great pickup and I'm happy to see it. It's nice to see us go towards a more athletic style quarterback with Coker this year, and the recent pickups of Bateman and Cornwell. Adding Barnett should give us a nice mix with the upcoming battles at qb over the next 4-5 years.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.