Question: Does anyone think Bama will end up with a top 10 prospect this year?

glasscutter256

All-American
Jan 31, 2009
Huntsville
I know we have been spoiled in the past few years with having at least 1, sometimes 2 or 3 in the overall top 10 of recruiting rankings. It doesn't appear that we are strongly leading with any of the overall top 10 this year. I realize rankings don't mean much, but it is the off-season.

I guess and Cece Jefferson is our best chance?

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
All depends on which service you use.

In 247's current top 10, Bama doesn't appear to be a major contedner.

In Rivals' current top 10, Bama has one commit (Fitzpatrick) and two possibilities (UGA commit Terry Godwin and CeCe Jefferson) with Daron Payne at #12.

Bama isn't popular among ESPN's top 30, though.

Like I said, all depends on the service you select.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
I highly doubt we land anyone in the CURRENT top 10, but depending on things get reshuffled throughout the fall in the rankings we could end up with a top 10 guy.

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn
I will trade the number one or two player anyday for a one or two class and based on our current commits there is no doubt we will have that when the ink hits the paper.

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
Per 247, Bama has 11 players that are ranked between #32 and #90. That's a sick haul and it's just June.
exactly. I think we will hold onto Minkah and add Payne at some point. Throw in Ridley and all the other folks currently committed, and I'd be more than fine with our class. It's great to add five stars; most live up to the hype. I would rather our class than one like ole miss that had some very highly rated players last year, but also wasn't nearly as deep as ours.

mdb-tpet

All-SEC
Sep 2, 2004
I'd rather have 2 or 3 great leaders that work to develop themselves and their teammates, than worry about their relative ranking. No where in the ranking is positive leadership ability or ability to inspire others mentioned, which are probably the best indicators of success of all.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
I'd rather have 2 or 3 great leaders that work to develop themselves and their teammates, than worry about their relative ranking. No where in the ranking is positive leadership ability or ability to inspire others mentioned, which are probably the best indicators of success of all.
Excellent post. Makes me wonder as to whether or not somewhere in the eval process somebody asks, " Is this kid a leader?" or is it pretty much entirely 40 times, ht & wt, etc. etc.

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
Excellent post. Makes me wonder as to whether or not somewhere in the eval process somebody asks, " Is this kid a leader?" or is it pretty much entirely 40 times, ht & wt, etc. etc.
CNS is as meticulous as they come about who gets offers. He knows about their academic status and sets a plan for them. He asks the HS coaches some detailed stuff. I wouldn't be surprised if he spoke to the teachers that gae the kids a bad grade (personally, I'd rather hear a negative review than a bunch of sunshine pumpers if making an evaulation). I know they have "guideline" sizes for positions, but I don't know if they still do since he's emphasizing the "quick twitch" players to combat the spread.

glasscutter256

All-American
Jan 31, 2009
Huntsville
Granted this was a year ago, but I was in the airport with Settle right after he'd attended a camp at Tuscaloosa. He was still decked out in Bama gear and was raving to whatever coach was with him about how much he loved it. Yeah, I might have dropped an eave or two.

Would love to get Settle and Payne. Even if it meant losing TD Moton. Even though, Settle seems more of a DE in our scheme and Moton seems like a NG type. Payne would probably end up at DE also.

IMALOYAL1

All-American
Oct 28, 2000
Birmingham AL
Without looking or having a clue who the top 10 are I'd bet we get a couple rated top player at their position. I've seen years where several top 10 players just are not what the team is looking for that year.

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
Without looking or having a clue who the top 10 are I'd bet we get a couple rated top player at their position. I've seen years where several top 10 players just are not what the team is looking for that year.
Yep. I think we hold onto Minkah and add at least 1 of Payne and Settle, potentially both. I forget if all 3 are in the top 10 (I think Payne is just outside).

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.