Link: Child’s Death in Hot Car Leads to Unusual Murder Charge

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Quite frankly, I really don't care if it was murder or an accident. A life ended before it ever began and he died a miserable death no matter the cause. I feel bad for the mother but not the idiot father. I also feel the nail salon lady in Homewopd deserved prison time.

I think I will pass on donating to the family fund.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
I can't by any excuse for this happening. Ever. Buses. Church vans. Cars. NEVER should happen and the person that does allow it isn't safe to let loose on the general population. In fact their whole world should probably be made by NERF.

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
If you guys are gonna go all Nancy Grace off some cryptic comments by the cop, nothing there implied the dad was the one that killed the kid. What if it was mom and dad was trying to cover it up?

pluckngrit

Suspended
Nov 2, 2003
Not sure if this has been mentioned, but if any of y'all read bamamags boards this was DocSolomons son Roscoe who was also a poster.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I think i read it was a rear facing car seat. Wouldn't it be completely possible that you couldn't see a kid in that when looking at the car from the front seat?
yes its possible, but he also stopped and had breakfast with the kid on his way to work. assuming he didnt leave the kid in the car then too.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
That's what I find troubling the most..Is the fact he supposedly saw the baby while driving home after work..Why did he magically see the baby all of a sudden..And the witness in the video stating she thought he was putting on a show like in a play or something..

It's kinda weird when you add up all the facts to the case..I dunno & hope he truly left the child in the car by accident..I may get flamed for saying this..In a way I hope he didn't & something happened that caused the baby to die before he got to work..Cause being left in a hot car would be truly one of the most agonizing type death there is..It's a slow & obviously painful type death..That's why I say I kinda hope the baby was already dead & didn't die that kinda death..
I think i read it was a rear facing car seat. Wouldn't it be completely possible that you couldn't see a kid in that when looking at the car from the front seat?
yes its possible, but he also stopped and had breakfast with the kid on his way to work. assuming he didnt leave the kid in the car then too.

Last edited:

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
And the witness in the video stating she thought he was putting on a show like in a play or something..
Which could have 2 possible meanings. 1. There is no way this is really happening. It has to be a play or tv show. 2. This guy clearly faking it (acting)

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Wow. Great read.
that is a good read. i have to say i am thankful that i am not on the jury for this case

i thought this was a wise passage in the article
Humans, Hickling said, have a fundamental need to create and maintain a narrative for their lives in which the universe is not implacable and heartless, that terrible things do not happen at random, and that catastrophe can be avoided if you are vigilant and responsible.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
We'll see but I'll wait for actual evidence to be presented to corroborate what this cop is saying. I have a healthy mistrust of what they say.

ETA: I recommend everyone read this of they haven't:

http://m.washingtonpost.com/lifesty...e0fe3a-f580-11e3-a3a5-42be35962a52_story.html
I don't know how I skipped over this earlier. But I guess as easy as I skipped over this, it's that easy to forget about a child asleep in the back of your car too. That was an outstanding read. Thank you for posting the link. As a father of three boys, ugh, I just don't want to even imagine....fortunately, I've been blessed and haven't done that.

Now, I did leave my oldest son at daycare one day after my wife gave birth to our second son. I got sick in the hospital right after he was born with the flu or some other bug. I went home and fell asleep. The daycare was closing early due to a tropical storm moving in and actually called my wife on her cell phone because I wasn't answering. She's laid up in the hospital after just having a C-section and explaining to them what happened. Someone finally woke me up and I hustled up to the church daycare to pick him up. I can easily see how something could happen though is my point.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
If I were king, the death of a child would carry a greater sentence than that of an adult.

I don't care whether someone leave s firearm where a child can reach it or inadvertantly leaves a child in the car - THEY chose to act irresponsibly and the child is dead because of it. I'd give them all the maximum sentence possible, the same as murder one.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
What if they kid drowns in the pool while the parent is looking, or runs out in the street and gets hit by a car? How far are we willing to take this rule?
In my book, those situations are different: the parent didn't do something irresponsible - they were watching - it was simply an accident.

Leaving a gun unattended or leaving your child locked in your car is not the same thing. In both cases the parent is causes the situation and is not there to supervise the child.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
Forgetting a child IS irresponsible.
It is, but it happens. Piling on at this point doesn't help things though. We'll see what comes out of the investigation.

My dad worked with a guy who was out working in the yard all day on a weekend day and his kids are out in the front with him. He went to back up his cars, thinking all his kids were out of the way, and ran over his toddler. As soon as he hit him, he realized what had happened and stopped the car got out and picked up his son running around the yard holding his lifeless son screaming "my son! My son! I've killed my son!" Would you convict him? How do you convict him? Would you pile on to him at this point? He killed his child. It was an accident. He has to live with the guilt that he accidentally killed his child. Is there a more torturous punishment than anything the justice system can do to you? I don't think so.

So yes, forgetting a child is irresponsible. Again, it happens and there tons of circumstances that cause this. It happens in all walks of life across all socio-economic strata. I just don't think this guy can feel any worse now than he already does if it was purely an oversight on his part. I can't imagine having to live the rest of my life with that guilt.

Let me throw another one at you because this hit close to home for me. One of my dear friends who is one of the smartest people I know. He's an accounting professor and his dad is a professor and he and his two brothers are some of my best friends. He has a tremendous personality and is a total clown being the youngest of the three, but he's absolutely brilliant. So, he and his wife had a son and the oldest brother had a daughter who was a year or two older than his son. He and his wife were taking his brother's daughter home along with his own son one day. When they got to their car, they realized that his brother didn't leave a car seat for his niece, and that they only had one car seat. So, they put the niece in the car seat and his wife sat in the back and held his son.

Unfortunately, he was turning left and his wife and son were sitting on the left side and they were broadsided. His wife suffered several major injuries and his son was killed in the car crash. The crash was my friend's fault. He failed to yield the right of way. His niece was ok, save some scratches and bumps and bruises, because she was in his son's car seat. As was he. So who's at fault? My friend who I love like a brother, lost his son because 1) didn't have a car seat for his niece so they gave up the one they had for her and 2) he failed to yield the right of way.

Do you convict him?

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.