*** OLB Adonis Thomas Commits to Alabama ***

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Bama offered Thomas on March 5. He made a visit in April and enjoyed himself. He announces his decision on August 1. He's down to Alabama and Florida.

96% of his 247 Crystal Ball predictions are for Florida.

247 Profile

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Re: OLB Adonis Thomas Updates

Bama offered Thomas on March 5. He made a visit in April and enjoyed himself. He announces his decision on August 1. He's down to Alabama and Florida.

96% of his 247 Crystal Ball predictions are for Florida.

247 Profile
Appears to be in the mold of Evans and Christian Miller we signed in the '14 class. I would not count us out and would love to get this guy.

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006

Definitely a good player, but I'd be shocked if he chooses us.

glasscutter256

All-American
Jan 31, 2009
Huntsville

I generally believe that people who commit this early know exactly where they want to go and they already have the offers they want. I know this isn't always the case, but it should be. If Florida has been his longtime favorite, chances are he goes with them. Of course, still a long ways til signing day.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California

Things are looking good for Thomas to Alabama come August 1. Kip Adams who has been very good with his predictions has change his pick from Florida to Alabama. According to Adams, CNS and staff have come on very strong the last few weeks and have told Thomas he reminds them of past great ILBs ,Rolando McClain and Donta Hightower. They like his coverage skills against HUNH teams and eventually would like him to add weight to play ILB down the road. Lets see what happens....

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

Can't say that I feel overwhelmingly confident here because early, longtime leaders are often a difficult thing to overcome, but since Kirby starting turning up the intensity of Thomas' recruitment we've made a lot of in-roads with him. His Mom and Dad were with him in Tuscaloosa a few weeks ago, which obviously never hurts, and Tuscaloosa is a bit closer to home than Gainesville (though it doesn't seem like location is a big consideration for him). He has generally been a lot more receptive to our overtures than most thought that he would.

My gut instinct tells me that he probably still picks Florida in a few days, but again we've certainly made it interesting. It shouldn't come as a big surprise if we can nab him.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL

Based on his tweet today we appear to at least be giving him something to think about.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

Apparently he plans on taking an official visit to Oregon, but I doubt that means anything. Free trip for the Nike tour, basically...

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
Re: OLB Adonis Thomas Commits to Florida

Apparently Thomas made his decision on Thursday night. It was a tough choice and kids change their minds all the time as we all know. Depending how the Florida seasons goes, gators fans shouldn't feel too confident with his verbal commitment.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

As someone posted in another thread, some picks on Thomas' Crystal Ball have gone from Florida to Alabama. From reading his high school coach, his recruitment isn't nearly over. Link

"He's never not liked (Alabama) and his mom is in the boat with that too," Wofford said. "He's getting a feel for how Florida does this year, how Alabama does this year, how the linebackers fit in with both programs and still evaluating everything."

glasscutter256

All-American
Jan 31, 2009
Huntsville

It seems like our staff is really high on him. Will he be a Jack or Sam? He may be our RAshaan Evans this class. Hope he has a change of heart. We are still pretty thin on LB. Losing Trey Depriest, Xavier Dickson, maybe Denzel Duvall after this year.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

Like just about all recruits -- whether they admit it or not -- Thomas is playing it by ear and constantly re-evaluating as the season goes along, "commitment" or not.

Don't know how this one ends up, but obviously a lot will have to do with how the season plays out for Florida and, if things go south in Gainesville, who the replacement hire for Muschamp will be (as well as the timing of the hire with respect to NSD). Have to assume that Florida is probably his top choice as a general matter, but I think it's relatively clear with him, based on the entire record, that he is not going to be one of these guys who signs with a school regardless of circumstances. If Florida struggles this year, and/or if a new hire doesn't go over well with him, I doubt he ends up in Gainesville.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.